Skip to content

Playoff 2nd Leg

Comments

• Thick as mince, absolutely no idea how much Gaz will be able to use that to our advantage

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    No comment on why they've split us up?

It's mentioned...

"There has also been criticism that the travelling Wycombe fans will not all be seated together at Stadium MK but Winkelman said the decision was for health and safety reasons, with away fans all being seated in the upper tier."

• Shows what a load of bollocks the "seats coming out for the concert" line was. Clear admittance that they are seeking any advantage.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Shows what a load of bollocks the "seats coming out for the concert" line was. Clear admittance that they are seeking any advantage.

That is true, but from the bottom tier - so ?

• i meant, in the context of their "reasoning"

• What a shimmering ape.
    Oh they're giving us less.

Yes, but we've sold out, you've not come close.

• @MattF81 said:

Also, Wycombe are in no position to criticise anything another club does, considering your legal action against Derby County and your promotion via PPG.

Promotion via PPG? ..... Do you mean a bit like this season as well?

• I’ve got some friends who are neutrals and want to go to the game on Sunday. They don’t live in Bucks. Will they be able to buy a ticket on the day?

• Did I read somewhere there would be NO tickets on the day or am I hallucinating?

• Meanwhile, general sale tickets will, at this time, be restricted to purchasing only in the East Stand, Cowshed and West Centre and can purchase up to FOUR tickets.

To buy tickets CLICK HERE. Tickets will be available to buy in person at the Box Office and by phone from 10am on Tuesday. Tickets will remain on sale right up until kick-off from the Box Office.

Supporters who do not have any ticketing history prior to 30 April 2022 will not be able to purchase tickets.

• How nice to read the phrase ‘shimmering ape’! Hasn’t been used for years since the Che era.

• @MBS said:
    How nice to read the phrase ‘shimmering ape’! Hasn’t been used for years since the Che era.

Haha, one of the best things from the gasroom.

• The MK fans have to sit apart from each other every week.

I think it could work in our favour. Sing as loud as we did on Thursday and it will be no problem.

"We're social distancing, we're social distancing"

• @thecatwwfc said:
    The MK fans have to sit apart from each other every week.

I think it could work in our favour. Sing as loud as we did on Thursday and it will be no problem.

"We're social distancing, we're social distancing"

Left side right side

• 2004, 2004…. You’ve been splitting up fans since 2004

• edited May 2022

Chairboys from one side, then barmy army from the other would be good !

• See, there is endless banter to be had.

The only thing to be said, at least W*nkleman has admitted that it is purely for sporting advantage. Which kind of contradicts his managers sentiments that Wycombe pulled MK down to our level. They've already "imposed their style" on the tie. Zero class.

• Mk Dons are illegitimate on repeat for 90 minutes would be something

• Sit down if you stole a club

• @username123 said:
    Sit down if you stole a club

COTD (Chant of the day)! Superb.

• @ValleyWanderer I have my moments !

• They were chanting 'Sit down or we'll steal your club' on Thursday. Cringe.

• Joe Jacobson… Joe Jacobson… we all love corners, like Joe Jacobson

Or

Didn’t you know… didn’t you know… Wycombe love corners, didn’t you know

Really important we get our 2 sets of fans involved together as early as possible, Thursday night showed that.

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@username123 said:
    Sit down if you stole a club

COTD (Chant of the day)! Superb.

I’ve been rehearsing that for a few minutes. Sounds good. Scans really well. And I’ll only be watching on TV.

Love the idea of alternate “Chairboys” / “Barmy Army” from side to side, producing an impressive stereo effect.

I can only see one (well deserved) outcome. Joy of joys.
    COYB !!

• edited May 2022
  • It's a half empty MK dons stadium. Not a rabid set of Scousers at Anfield :D

• Don't want to tempt fate - but wouldn't it be a nice touch to wear the Ukraine kit IF we get to Wembley?

• Good PR/publicity after the Derby fiasco
    • Big audience = lots of proceeds to Ukraine
  • On the other hand....weve been given more tickets for our away tie than any of the other 3 semi-finalists got so perhaps we should consider ourselves lucky that most of our STH's could get tickets at all. Sunderland have over 20,000 STH's so how do you think they feel? Perhaps we should start to get used to this increased level of 'professionalism' when we're trying to compete at a higher level. New kids on the block with a bit to learn perhaps?

• The difference being that the other three playoff semis will take place in packed stadia.

• @floyd said:
    The difference being that the other three playoff semis will take place in packed stadia.

Did the Sunderland game not have over 5000 empty seats. The vast majority of these in the away end as such.

All of the teams have stuck to the 2000 rule or in our case around 1850. This is in the rules so acceptable but somewhat unpalatable.

What is hugely unacceptable is the splitting of our fans in to opposite corners and in an all but empty top tier when the whole of one end of the stadium will be empty.