Skip to content

Playoff 2nd Leg

Comments

• Pretty dense from MK. For starters they're making a bizarre attempt to spite themselves by ending up at least 1,000 tickets down.
    Then all this messing about is delaying releasing the tickets for sale, with the only outcome being risking not having time to sell the 2,000 either.

All around stupidity.

• I'd say Sunderland were being equally petty, but they'll actually sell their home sections out

• https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/may/02/tickets-mk-dons-a-08-05/

Tickets on sale to STH only. Just over 2000 tickets available divided across two corners of the top tier. Move quickly.

• Absolute weirdos

• Club will show the Sky coverage of second leg on as many tvs at AP as necessary, opening up as many bars as required and as they can..

• If S> @Brownie said:

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/may/02/tickets-mk-dons-a-08-05/

Tickets on sale to STH only. Just over 2000 tickets available divided across two corners of the top tier. Move quickly.

If a STH is the lead booker, they can book 6 tickets total (even if the remaining 5 have no season ticket and no previous WWFC ticketing history...

Book ASAP. Can see this being sold out by 7pm.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Absolute weirdos

Absolute shabby club. Not a member of the football family - but we knew that anyway.

• This is an absolute fucking disgrace. I’m sure the club have already complained to the EFL and rightly so.

I don’t know what we can do if seats have already been sold for Thurs and I assume we have given them the full away end on the basis they’d reciprocate. But if there’s any scope whatsoever to void some of their tickets and force the minimum possible number into one corner of the away end I’d fully support it. Don’t serve any refreshments and give them one working big between the lot as well.

• @frequentstander said:
    If S> @Brownie said:

If a STH is the lead booker, they can book 6 tickets total (even if the remaining 5 have no season ticket and no previous WWFC ticketing history...

@frequentstander said:
    If S> @Brownie said:

Don't think that's true? The assignee has to be a season ticket holder?
    Otherwise it'd be as farcical as the MK lot only issuing 2,000!

• edited May 2022

deleted...duplicate post
    (this slow site is getting difficult!)

• @Glenactico one of these scenarios to rise above it and show our class.
    I'm sure a manager as cute as Gaz will use this to rally up the players even more than he would have done anyway.

• As a STH, I've been the lead booker and booked six tickets total. Five of which to non-STH. Some of the five with no previous ticketing history. Not sure if this was conscious or intentional. All six have attended 20+ games this season so I don't feel any guilt!

• @frequentstander said:

Thankfully the club seems to have finally employed someone who knows something about how to distribute tickets (without having 'buying windows') so I don't think that's right.
    I think it's one ticket per STH and a maximum of 6 tickets can be bought in any single transaction. It doesn't mean STH's can buy 6 tickets each.

• That sounds like something the club need to sort out pretty quickly, or a lot of STH will be rightly pissed!

On a more positive note, @Brownie thanks for the heads up, for alerting us to this quite unsociable, immediate drop! I'd not have seen it for a while I dare say.

• And...I doubt MK will care about missing out on seliing more tickets, gate money from the 4 games get split equally between the 4 teams so we all miss out to some degree, but all benefit from the big crowds at Sunderland and Wednesday.

• How many Wycombe fans are going to end up in home areas? Won't away fans also have to enter through two separate entrances? Amazed the cops have ok'd this.

• @ReturntoSenda
    Unless they have booking history on the MK system before 30th April, maybe not many.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    How many Wycombe fans are going to end up in home areas? Won't away fans also have to enter through two separate entrances? Amazed the cops have ok'd this.

You have to be registered on the MK ticket system by April 30th to get a ticket.

• @ReturntoSenda
    Unless they have booking history on the MK system before 30th April, maybe not many.

• I managed to get my Sunday tickets online but there is no download option on the link, as there was for Thursday. Presumably away paper tickets can be picked up on Thursday evening.

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    How many Wycombe fans are going to end up in home areas? Won't away fans also have to enter through two separate entrances? Amazed the cops have ok'd this.

You have to be registered on the MK ticket system by April 30th to get a ticket.

That only seemed to apply to online sales but maybe not

• @Malone said:
    @ReturntoSenda

Can I not just take my Wycombe history and arbitrarily relocate it to Milton Keynes?

• @AlanCecil said:
    Club will show the Sky coverage of second leg on as many tvs at AP as necessary, opening up as many bars as required and as they can..

Superb, I shall be in attendance with my two boys. Much rather give WWFC the money than Winkleman.

• @AlanCecil said:
    Club will show the Sky coverage of second leg on as many tvs at AP as necessary, opening up as many bars as required and as they can..

In which case I shall be there - and hopefully @micra too!

• Splitting the away fans is petty, but MK are not breaking any rules by only allocating 2000 away tickets.

EFL rules for play-offs:

3.3 The Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 2,000 tickets for use by its supporters (or such number as represents 10% of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance, if less than 2,000).

Anything beyond that is at the discretion of the clubs and the police.

• @frequentstander said:
    As a STH, I've been the lead booker and booked six tickets total. Five of which to non-STH. Some of the five with no previous ticketing history. Not sure if this was conscious or intentional. All six have attended 20+ games this season so I don't feel any guilt!

It doesn't specify that the other five have to be STHs, just that they have to have a ticketing account.

• edited May 2022

According to MK Dons offal, tickets will be available from Box Office right up to kick-off. So for those who don't get tickets rock up in neutral clothing and you will get in

• Right, this calls for some seriously witty banners to be picked up on the Sky TV cameras. What a pathetic club. Obviously they were skinned by Sheff Wed and cost themselves promotion because of the away fans. Makes me even more fired up to sing my heart out now! Anyway, one corner will now sing, the other will follow and give an echo effect which will be fantastic. I do feel that there are going to be lots of STH’s missing out now which is a real shame and completely unnecessary.

I’d also like to know exactly what precautions are being put in place if the shocking Bayo song makes a return. I hope we leave the pitch and upset there rhythm straight away then ban home fans for the 2nd leg !

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@frequentstander said:
    As a STH, I've been the lead booker and booked six tickets total. Five of which to non-STH. Some of the five with no previous ticketing history. Not sure if this was conscious or intentional. All six have attended 20+ games this season so I don't feel any guilt!

It doesn't specify that the other five have to be STHs, just that they have to have a ticketing account.

But the point is that priority is based on being a STH, so if a STH can just book a bunch of randoms in, that's a real problem I think.
    And frequentstander is suggesting they don't even need a ticketing history either!