Skip to content

Playoff 2nd Leg

I understand that, in the event of being unable to go to MK, there's no option to watch it from Vipienne because it'll be shown on Sky. So, does anyone know if the club have plans to screen it in the Vere Suite for example, or are there other ways of watching it live?

Comments

• Have a look for NowTV day passes.

• Good shout for anyone in the unfortunate situation of covid isolation! However, I hope that's not going to be the case, and would much prefer to be in the company of like-minded others!

• Do you know, I’d probably be tempted myself if it was on in the Vere. Save me from being the ogre ? preventing mrs micra from watching her beloved Countryfile at the time of broadcast.

• Strong rumours Franchise FC will only be giving us 2,000 tickets for second leg

• I guess it’s possible that we could be both their highest and lowest home attendances of the season

• @boozyblue85 said:
    Strong rumours Franchise FC will only be giving us 2,000 tickets for second leg

And in the top tier corners ?

• If that's true then they've got some nerve considering how abhorrently their fans behaved at our place

• That's 6.5% of their capacity, so we should cut their allocation for the first leg down to 614

• edited May 2022

Where's that rumour coming from?
    And how many sth do we have?

• Haven't been there and not starting now but hope those who want to go can, this is obviously a dick move from a club that it's difficult to have anything nice to say about.

• Splitting the away fans is a bit of a joke isn't it?

Does their ground hold 30000 or so? And they tend to get half that?
    Bizarre to cut off extra revenue surely?!

• Fairly confident 250 of our travelling fans could outsing 10000 of their customers anyway

• Do they not realise this will just mean Wycombe fans in home sections?

• @Malone said:
    Splitting the away fans is a bit of a joke isn't it?

Does their ground hold 30000 or so? And they tend to get half that?
    Bizarre to cut off extra revenue surely?!

They don’t even get a third of that. My guess is they will only sell around 18-20000 home tickets. We should be given 4500 tickets at a minimum, the same minimum amount for the FA Cup(15%).

Seeing as all four clubs share the gate receipts then MK Dons are shafting all three other clubs. We would easily sell 4500 tickets for a Sunday 6.30 KO, families will go with youngsters as they could be back by 9.30 and in bed.

• Surely no chance they’ll sell 20000 tickets?

• Wednesday were given over 5,000 there the other week

• edited May 2022

They swooped in on the dying corpse of another football club to bypass what was needed to establish a football league club in their city. Why would anyone be remotely surprised by anything they do?

Too late to do anything about them now of course, they've long been accepted by the establishment, media and other teams' supporters as a valid club but it could have been so different if from the start every other club had refused to accept them, and I think that's sad.

I just hope that if it happens again we'd all fight a bit harder.

• I think 2,000 may be all they're obliged to give us (I think the rules say it has to be a minimum of 2,000 or 10 percent of capacity, whichever is the lower) but Sheffield Wed had over 5,000 there - in a crowd less than 15,000 so unlikely MK will be able sell out to their own 'fans'.

• I’ve no idea if it will happen again, although hopefully if it does, the chairman of Wycombe Wanderers and the BFP won’t suggest that we should be the ones moving to relocate.

• According to the rules they have to give us 10% of the tickets available. If they close the upper tier then the stadium holds 20000.

They are within the rules to give us 2000 tickets or 3000 if they open the upper tier.

Info here on the EFL website

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

• @Doob said:
    I think 2,000 may be all they're obliged to give us (I think the rules say it has to be a minimum of 2,000 or 10 percent of capacity, whichever is the lower)

We should restrict them to 950 at our place then.

• One of the amusing things about the plastic bunch is not just that despite spending an absolute fortune and cherry picking the catchment area they're still pretty small and so far no better than the dispossessed who started with a hundred people in a park , but that financially they completely missed the huge upturn in Prem TV money and there speculators would have made so much more by leaving the club where they were.

• I don’t think they understand quite a large contingent of Chairboys live in the north of the county I could very easily get tickets for the home end

• I believe you need to be registered on their system before April 30th to buy online, but I think they’ll have on the day sales….

• It seems a pretty obvious sign of their insecurity that they are so worried that the groundswell of support in this county is for us that they have to try to limit it.

• It seems a pretty obvious sign of their insecurity that they're so desperate to stoke bad feeling, and try and create a rivalry with us they'll limit their own financial benefit to do it.

• Would be understandable if there was any chance of them getting close to selling out the home ends, but they won't even get close I suspect. I remember going to the game there shortly before lockdown and the attendance (give at just short of 10,000) was clearly massively over inflated. To be honest, I didn't think there were too many more home fans that away fans that day! Most of the stadium was completely empty, no way was it anything remotely close to a third full (or half full of you discount the top tier which was closed)

• Oooo. They are frightened of our supporters making a difference. Not the best way to prepare for a game.