Skip to content

Playoff 2nd Leg

Comments

• @adamspark said:

@AlanCecil said:
    Club will show the Sky coverage of second leg on as many tvs at AP as necessary, opening up as many bars as required and as they can..

In which case I shall be there - and hopefully @micra too!

I’m planning to go @adamspark if I can move quickly enough to get a ticket!

• Was thinking about going to the away leg, but fuck them, they’re not having any of my money.

Will watch on Sky

• @frequentstander said:
    As a STH, I've been the lead booker and booked six tickets total. Five of which to non-STH. Some of the five with no previous ticketing history. Not sure if this was conscious or intentional. All six have attended 20+ games this season so I don't feel any guilt!

If this has happened there’s going to be some very unhappy ST holders.

Personally I will drive past their shitty ground on my way to watch it at AP, rather than give that wrinkly old ballbag (courtesy Henning Wehn) Winkleman a penny of my money.

• There's no one I'd trust more than Gaz to use this to our advantage by the way. He'll have the players believing they're so scared of us they're stopping our fans going and those that can go they're splitting up into opposite corners away from the pitch.

These ghoulish non-entitities have handed us a massive psychological boost.

The sooner this disgrace of a club dies the better.

• @arnos_grove said:

@frequentstander said:
    As a STH, I've been the lead booker and booked six tickets total. Five of which to non-STH. Some of the five with no previous ticketing history. Not sure if this was conscious or intentional. All six have attended 20+ games this season so I don't feel any guilt!

Personally I will drive past their shitty ground on my way to watch it at AP, rather than give that wrinkly old ballbag (courtesy Henning Wehn) Winkleman a penny of my money.

This is not a lonesome case. I am aware of other non season ticket holders who have gained tickets this way

• @wwfcblue said:

@arnos_grove said:

@frequentstander said:

This is not a lonesome case. I am aware of other non season ticket holders who have gained tickets this way

@AlanCecil if this is happening, this might need to be looked at pretty quickly!

• This is heading for a major PR disaster in my opinion for them. I bet all I have that every interview or team meeting Ainsworth will be using this as stated above and it’s going to look ridiculous on the TV. Imagine us giving them 300 in one corner block and 300 in the other? I’d be very embarrassed.

I’m also aware of plenty of others getting multiple non season ticket holder tickets, so this is possibly a bit of a fuck up on our part too, unless more becomes available tomorrow.

• 1,200 sold

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    1,200 sold

If STH can fill their boots for their non STH pals, these will go by tomorrow morning :D

• @Glenactico said:
    This is an absolute fucking disgrace. I’m sure the club have already complained to the EFL and rightly so.

I don’t know what we can do if seats have already been sold for Thurs and I assume we have given them the full away end on the basis they’d reciprocate. But if there’s any scope whatsoever to void some of their tickets and force the minimum possible number into one corner of the away end I’d fully support it. Don’t serve any refreshments and give them one working big between the lot as well.

And hold them back 45 mins after the game too the toss pots.

• It's what the Gasroom is for @Malone ! 1200 sold already - could be sold out by tomorrow morning.

• @AlanCecil said

Club will show the Sky coverage of second leg on as many tvs at AP as necessary, opening up as many bars as required and as they can..

Will this be a fund raiser ticket event? More than happy to give the club my money!

• Let's do a very un Wycombe thing on Thursday and make it as hostile as possible.
    The Wycombe landlords should make pubs home fans only. Serve them no refreshments at Adam's Park, MK don't deserve a football club, make there night a misery and hope they never visit again.

• @Glenactico said:
    This is an absolute fucking disgrace. I’m sure the club have already complained to the EFL and rightly so.

I don’t know what we can do if seats have already been sold for Thurs and I assume we have given them the full away end on the basis they’d reciprocate. But if there’s any scope whatsoever to void some of their tickets and force the minimum possible number into one corner of the away end I’d fully support it. Don’t serve any refreshments and give them one working big between the lot as well.

And hold them back 45 mins after the game too the toss pots.

• One toilet between them? Ah... memories of Layer Road.

• A lot of their lot claiming it's to do with the MCR gig coming up there meaning they've got to take seats out of the away end. Maybe the case, but from the upper tier? Bullshit.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    One toilet between them? Ah... memories of Layer Road.

Maybe the toilet entrance could get accidentally stuck shut

• @Malone said:
    @Glenactico one of these scenarios to rise above it and show our class.
    I'm sure a manager as cute as Gaz will use this to rally up the players even more than he would have done anyway.

I see what you’re saying. But if their behaviour isn’t met with some kind of response then there is no deterrent to them continuing with such a cretinous approach.

• Someone on the fb group suggested it's actually a rule that away tickets are limited at 2,000.
    The other semi is the same isn't it? People are suggesting that's because both clubs can fill their ends up with home fans, but maybe it is simply a rule?

The splitting the away in 2 is just bizarre though. Surely does nothing apart from complicate stewarding and cheese us off.

• I wouldn't want our club to stoop anywhere near their level.

Let them have their 10,000 plastic fans vs our 1,200.
    Let them have their fans scattered around a stadium that they will never fill.
    Let them sing outrageous chants that the EFL will never punish. I trust our boys to do the correct thing and walk off, confront the fans, or better still....come away from that shithole 3-0 up and one foot in the Wembley door.

• TBH, MK are doing nothing more than following the rules in giving an allocation of 2000 tickets.
    Splitting between 2 blocks is petty and possibly designed to annoy the travelling fans, which is why we should rise above it as we already have the moral high ground.
    I think no alcohol sales to away fans on Thursday would be quite appropriate though - might even get Thames Valley Police approval too.

• MK Dons are a pathetic Club....running scared

• @Twizz said:
    TBH, MK are doing nothing more than following the rules in giving an allocation of 2000 tickets.
    Splitting between 2 blocks is petty and possibly designed to annoy the travelling fans, which is why we should rise above it as we already have the moral high ground.
    I think no alcohol sales to away fans on Thursday would be quite appropriate though - might even get Thames Valley Police approval too.

Can't expect local businesses to adhere to this. It won't solve anything. If anything, get them all drunk and throw them all out or deny them entry.

• I'm sure Gaz will use this ridiculously craven decision from franchise to our advantage. That press release from them detailing how they want to try and silence our supporters in some desperate hope of gaining an advantage over us is the only team talk we will need. These shenanigans must be unprecedented?

• Where is the press release?

• Franchise customers always complain how petty afc Wimbledon are and yet here they are.
    What a very weak and insecure act. I hope it bites them in the arse.

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Where is the press release?

Yeah, I can't find anything either?

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    I'm sure Gaz will use this ridiculously craven decision from franchise to our advantage. That press release from them detailing how they want to try and silence our supporters in some desperate hope of gaining an advantage over us is the only team talk we will need. These shenanigans must be unprecedented?

Looked on MK Dons website, Facebook and Twitter and can’t see anything.

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Franchise customers always complain how petty afc Wimbledon are and yet here they are.
    What a very weak and insecure act. I hope it bites them in the arse.

That's another idea! Put something that bites on their seats.

• 1500 sold. Act fast.