Skip to content

Playoff 2nd Leg

Comments

• Can add to the above that non STH accounts can buy tickets.
    In fairness, some STHs are going to be rightly cheesed off if/when they miss out here.

Of course it could all be solved by MK giving us more tickets but then they are petty Franchise losers.

Hope we void half their allocation for Thursday and re-sell to Wycombe fans.

• Incidentally, the reason some MK fans are giving for the unusual seat configuration for Wycombe fans is that the stadium is being prepared for a concert by My Chemical Romance (me neither!). That concert doesn’t take place until May 21st, which ironically is the date of the playoff final.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Where is the press release?

Yeah, I can't find anything either?

@ReturnToSenda said:

@PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Where is the press release?

Yeah, I can't find anything either?

Assumed it was a wind up.

No chance do a pro club put out a statement going
    "yeah we've given them fewer tickets, and separated them to piss them off and get an advantage innit"

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Looked on MK Dons website, Facebook and Twitter and can’t see anything.

I thought I'd read something from an official franchise source with details of the ridiculous arrangements they put in place, though it appears to have been our offal site https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/may/02/tickets-mk-dons-a-08-05/.
    Though I'm sure Gareth can pin up a printout of the email those shysters originally sent on the dressing room wall!

• @glasshalffull said:
    Incidentally, the reason some MK fans are giving for the unusual seat configuration for Wycombe fans is that the stadium is being prepared for a concert by My Chemical Romance (me neither!). That concert doesn’t take place until May 21st, which ironically is the date of the playoff final.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Incidentally, the reason some MK fans are giving for the unusual seat configuration for Wycombe fans is that the stadium is being prepared for a concert by My Chemical Romance (me neither!). That concert doesn’t take place until May 21st, which ironically is the date of the playoff final.

Correction, the concert is over 3 days starting on May 19th

• I’m unfamiliar with the layout of the football ground in Bletchley, but if our allocation means away fans entering in separate parts of the ground, I’m amazed the TVP signed off on it.

Also, re: MCR, is the Milton Keynes Bowl gone? Surely that’s a superior venue.

• @Twizz said:
    TBH, MK are doing nothing more than following the rules in giving an allocation of 2000 tickets.
    Splitting between 2 blocks is petty and possibly designed to annoy the travelling fans, which is why we should rise above it as we already have the moral high ground.
    I think no alcohol sales to away fans on Thursday would be quite appropriate though - might even get Thames Valley Police approval too.

I keep seeing this on here and Facebook, but it's wrong. They have to give us a minimum of 2000 tickets. They've given Ipswich, Sheff Wed, and a few other teams 6-7000 tickets recently. It's pure pettiness and a complete disgrace that we aren't getting more.

There'll be 15,000 empty seats inside that stadium on Sunday, and probably 1000+ frustrated Wycombe fans wanting a seat inside

• @glasshalffull said:

I went to a gig at the stadium last summer, for my sins. The stage was at the other end and no seats needed removing.

In addition, Franchise also split the Sunderland fans earlier in the season.

Sounds like plastic fans trying to give plastic reasons to justify their plastic club’s decision.

• Not sure that the MK fans themselves are in any way to blame for this, some may even be quite embarrassed about it, but would be nice to make a statement by not providing any of the usual hospitality and seats to MK club dignitaries. If they want to watch the match they can sit in away end.

• @WanderingDays, so you don't agree that if they have to give a minimum of 2000 and actual give 2000 that's within the rules?
    That's an odd understanding, but if you want to get your knickers in a tiswt about it feel free. That's probably exactly what MK want you to do.

• Just think - somewhere in the Franchise FC club office is someone who has been given the task of giving out 20,000 free tickets to local punters before Sunday. And the stadium will still be barely half full.

What a sad excuse for a football club.

• @Twizz said:
    @WanderingDays, so you don't agree that if they have to give a minimum of 2000 and actual give 2000 that's within the rules?
    That's an odd understanding, but if you want to get your knickers in a tiswt about it feel free. That's probably exactly what MK want you to do.

Within the rules or not, it's petty and unnecessary, the experiences of going to Wimbledon in both stadiums and for different reasons barely seeing the pitch, sitting in the gods at Sunderland, rarely seeing a clock at away games and 25 year old temporary stands at Gillingham show how the authorities let clubs treat traveling fans like crap and it shouldn't be allowed. We look after away fans well and that has positive financial benefits but also sets a tone and helps prevent any problems, I'd hope we don't end up ditching that as it's not reciprocated, although I'd understand it this time if we only, initially at least, gave them 10% of the tickets on sale , around 950 I'd guess.

• @Doob said:
    Not sure that the MK fans themselves are in any way to blame for this, some may even be quite embarrassed about it, but would be nice to make a statement by not providing any of the usual hospitality and seats to MK club dignitaries. If they want to watch the match they can sit in away end.

I think their threshold for embarrassment is pretty high if not non-existent

• @WanderingDays said:

@Twizz said:
    TBH, MK are doing nothing more than following the rules in giving an allocation of 2000 tickets.
    Splitting between 2 blocks is petty and possibly designed to annoy the travelling fans, which is why we should rise above it as we already have the moral high ground.
    I think no alcohol sales to away fans on Thursday would be quite appropriate though - might even get Thames Valley Police approval too.

I keep seeing this on here and Facebook, but it's wrong. They have to give us a minimum of 2000 tickets. They've given Ipswich, Sheff Wed, and a few other teams 6-7000 tickets recently. It's pure pettiness and a complete disgrace that we aren't getting more.

There'll be 15,000 empty seats inside that stadium on Sunday, and probably 1000+ frustrated Wycombe fans wanting a seat inside

Is it 100% true that it's a minimum of 2,000 and not capped at 2,000 though? Just for the playoffs as an Fa rule?
    Is the other game not capped at 2k each too? Yes, those clubs might well sell out on their own, but it would seem utterly daft for a simple business rule to suddenly limit it now when they were doing triple recently.
    Surely they'd have wanted that "advantage" v Sheff Wed recently in what was also a huge game?

• @Twizz said:
    @WanderingDays, so you don't agree that if they have to give a minimum of 2000 and actual give 2000 that's within the rules?

When you say "following the rules", it sounds to me as if MK have been forced to only give us 2000 tickets and weren't allowed to give us more. It's "within the rules" for sure, but it's not like they couldn't give us more, as they have done to many teams this season

• For those that missed the link on the first page of this thread, and continue to post misinformation regarding ticket allocations for play-off matches, here is the link again.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

It clearly states that the away club can claim the lower number of 2000 tickets or 10% of pre-booked capacity. Anything beyond that is at the discretion of the home club.
    If tickets are available on the day then I would guess there will be a high number of 'neutral' fans.

The number of complimentary tickets is limited to 250. The income from the play-offs goes into a pool to be shared among the 4 clubs.

• @Malone said:

@WanderingDays said:

@Twizz said:

Is it 100% true that it's a minimum of 2,000 and not capped at 2,000 though? Just for the playoffs as an Fa rule?
    Is the other game not capped at 2k each too? Yes, those clubs might well sell out on their own, but it would seem utterly daft for a simple business rule to suddenly limit it now when they were doing triple recently.
    Surely they'd have wanted that "advantage" v Sheff Wed recently in what was also a huge game?

It's true:

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

We can claim 2000 tickets, but the opposition can give us more if they want. In fact, we've given MK far more tickets for the home leg than the minimum required (10% of our capacity)

• edited May 2022

Obviously they've not done something that's against the rules, they wouldn't be allowed to. They've been as pathetic as possible, and unsurprisingly their fans are all for it.

Why we haven't reduced their allocation to 900, put them in the main stand so we can charge them main stand tickets with no concession prices and no club comp tickets for "dignitaries" in return I don't know. They aren't a real club and should be treated as such

Hiring the Wimbledon nightclub stewards and not opening the toilets and concessions wouldn't be too far for this mob for me.

Already personally know of 5 or 6 going in the home end, so it's no wonder the police were so worried about it as well

• @Username How have they managed to get into the home end if you had to be registered on their system by 30th April? Cause if it's possible then I imagine a whole lot are going to do it...

• Interesting links posted above but I did notice that those rules applied to the 2019-20 season so it’s possible that they have changed since then, although that seems unlikely. I think we should be seeking an explanatory statement from MK.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @Username How have they managed to get into the home end if you had to be registered on their system by 30th April? Cause if it's possible then I imagine a whole lot are going to do it...

@ReturnToSenda said:
    @Username How have they managed to get into the home end if you had to be registered on their system by 30th April? Cause if it's possible then I imagine a whole lot are going to do it...

They live Aylesbury/ North bucks and know someone that's been to an MK game - MK give out a lot of freebies so a lot of people have taken their kids to a game or two using comp tickets and are therefore on the system without being an MK fan.

Apparently you can also buy tickets over the phone or at the ground without a buying history of you have a North bucks postcode... But I've only seen that claimed online without knowing people that actually have done that. Their club tweet about tickets does suggest that's true though....

• Just doing some rough arithmetic, the combined 4 playoff attendances should reach a minimum of 100,000. So 25,000 at an average of £25 a ticket
    Gives each team approx 625k.
    A nice win fall

• The EFL takes 50% I think

• Yeah and then you've got VAT etc. Let's not get carried away here

• @eric_plant said:
    There's no one I'd trust more than Gaz to use this to our advantage by the way. He'll have the players believing they're so scared of us they're stopping our fans going and those that can go they're splitting up into opposite corners away from the pitch.

These ghoulish non-entitities have handed us a massive psychological boost.

The sooner this disgrace of a club dies the better.

This is exactly what I was thinking last night. There is no way Ainsworth is not going to rile up the players about what an absolute disgrace it is that we are split into two groups, in the heavens.

Ainsworth fares far better when him and his team are the underdog.

The atmosphere will be a bit crap from our fans through no fault of our own, other fans will see our away support on the TV without knowing the context and call us tinpot, the viewing experience wont be great, but I think we'll come away with a result because of it.

• edited May 2022

Maybe a huge banner could be made to stretch between the two sections. "MK Dons, splitting up football fans since 2004"

• Oh I'd put in some money for that. Doubt they'd let it in though!

• @ChasHarps said:
    Just doing some rough arithmetic, the combined 4 playoff attendances should reach a minimum of 100,000. So 25,000 at an average of £25 a ticket
    Gives each team approx 625k.
    A nice win fall

Expect all four games will incur police costs to be deducted along with something for the EFL.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Oh I'd put in some money for that. Doubt they'd let it in though!

Could do it at Adams Park!