Skip to content

Playoff 2nd Leg

Comments

• The disciplinary record for the 4 play-off clubs tells a different story.

MK 2nd
    WW 8th
    SW 12th
    Sun 18th

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB3

Let the delusional dream on.

• We've conceded the most fouls (588) and MK the fewest (393)

• We're more niggly than nasty - 8.1 fouls per booking (second-most behind Rotherham) compared to Sunderland's 5.5 (second-fewest)...

• I do hope they've booked one of the referees guaranteed to fall for our tricks and give us every decision and them none?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We've conceded the most fouls (588) and MK the fewest (393)

I think that shows how outstanding we've been at getting away with it. We foul the most, but we get the 8th fewest yellows/reds. That's fantastic. Lots of annoying little fouls to disrupt flow without picking up cautions. Not to mention Stewart's red was rescinded.

• Those ‘thugs’ like McCleary, Jacobson, Horgan etc should be ashamed of themselves ?

• edited May 2022

This is the worst bit.

It is the fans of both clubs that deserve to watch football at a higher level, footballers who want to play football, referees who know the rules of football, ground staff who know green is better than brown, bar prices that don’t have a sticker over the normal prices because the big boys are in town.

It would’ve been quicker if he’d just written ‘The final should be between us and Wednesday. With both clubs getting promoted at the expense of the least well supported Championship club‘.

Just imagine if they’re both here next season with Derby. The endless tears.

• No Wycombe player even cracks the top 20 for fouls

• Hi MK Fan here

Just to provide some more context regarding the seating. The reason we are having to split you up is due to the seats behind the goal in the away end being removed. This is in preparation for the MCR concert that is happening in a couple of weeks.

In terms of amount of tickets, our stadium size is not for the benefit of away fans. We're giving you a larger allocation than you have given to us, so really not sure what the issue is..

• @MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

Just to provide some more context regarding the seating. The reason we are having to split you up is due to the seats behind the goal in the away end being removed. This is in preparation for the MCR concert that is happening in a couple of weeks.

In terms of amount of tickets, our stadium size is not for the benefit of away fans. We're giving you a larger allocation than you have given to us, so really not sure what the issue is..

The first issue is your existence.

The second is your complete lack of self awareness, it's obviously just shithousery splitting us up, as 2000 fans in an empty 30000 Lego bowl could easily be placed together, you've chosen to be awkward.

Anti-football fans club and the whole league will celebrate when we beat you.

Sincerely hope you go bust and the plastic bowl melts down, you're a disgrace, and always will be.

• @MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

Ok, I'll bite.

1) I don't know about the ins and outs of stadia management, so I'd be prepared to take on good faith that there would be some reduced capacity, and a rehousing of away fans. To most Wycombe fans, I suspect, it seems petty and unecessary to split fans up as a result, but I don't think any of us are that surprised that MK would behave that way.

2) Yes, you have given a larger allocation in terms of overall tickets. But the point, obviously, is that you have given the bare minimum required by the rules - we have given more than necessary. We could have given under 1000 tickets for the first game - we chose to give more. You could have reciprocated - you chose not to. You might not consider that to be an issue, but you look very foolish for not considering that it might be to us.

3) Your stadium size may not be for the benefit of away fans. But it's hardly for the benefit of home fans either. You won't sell the game out - you're just not that well supported. So on Sunday, we'll end up with the sad sight of empty seats, and people sitting at home who could have been filling them. I would have been there on Sunday - now I can't be. If I were an MK fan, I'd question the commercial wisdom of that decision, as a football fan I just think it's selfish.

• edited May 2022

@Wanderers82 said:
    any idea on when the 2nd leg tickets will become available for general sale ?

Must be on the verge of a total sell out by now

• @MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

Who did you support before 2004?

• @MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

Who did you use to support before your city stole another towns football team ??. You could at least have the decency to drop the Don's from your name

• @MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

It doesn’t wash just like the stain from your formation

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

Who did you support before 2004?

Wimbledon.

• Don’t feed the troll.

• Don’t feed the troll.

• @Glenny said:

@MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

Ok, I'll bite.

1) I don't know about the ins and outs of stadia management, so I'd be prepared to take on good faith that there would be some reduced capacity, and a rehousing of away fans. To most Wycombe fans, I suspect, it seems petty and unecessary to split fans up as a result, but I don't think any of us are that surprised that MK would behave that way.

2) Yes, you have given a larger allocation in terms of overall tickets. But the point, obviously, is that you have given the bare minimum required by the rules - we have given more than necessary. We could have given under 1000 tickets for the first game - we chose to give more. You could have reciprocated - you chose not to. You might not consider that to be an issue, but you look very foolish for not considering that it might be to us.

3) Your stadium size may not be for the benefit of away fans. But it's hardly for the benefit of home fans either. You won't sell the game out - you're just not that well supported. So on Sunday, we'll end up with the sad sight of empty seats, and people sitting at home who could have been filling them. I would have been there on Sunday - now I can't be. If I were an MK fan, I'd question the commercial wisdom of that decision, as a football fan I just think it's selfish.

Seats in the away end have always been removed for concerts. This isn't a one off just to piss your fans off.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe you've ever brought more than 2.5k to StadiumMK? Granted this is a bigger game than usual, but how much would you actually bring if we increased the allocation? We're only able to bring 1,800 to your ground, so why should we allow significantly more than that to ours? As I stated, its OUR ground and the size of it is not there to benefit you.

Commercially, it's probably about £20k we'd be losing out on, which isn't an awful lot on the grand scheme of things.

• @MattF81 said:

@Glenny said:

@MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

Ok, I'll bite.

Seats in the away end have always been removed for concerts. This isn't a one off just to piss your fans off.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe you've ever brought more than 2.5k to StadiumMK? Granted this is a bigger game than usual, but how much would you actually bring if we increased the allocation? We're only able to bring 1,800 to your ground, so why should we allow significantly more than that to ours? As I stated, its OUR ground and the size of it is not there to benefit you.

Commercially, it's probably about £20k we'd be losing out on, which isn't an awful lot on the grand scheme of things.

I don't think you have the intellectual capacity to continue this conversation, unfortunatley. Enjoy the games.

• Here's a photo of the concert configuration - seats removed in the centre of the bottom tier to form a wider walkway down to the pitch, but they don't remove any from the top tier ?

• @MattF81 said

When every seat you sell is subsidised, you're probably correct - what's another £20k in a sea of debt. Do you still count the 1000s of give away kids tickets in the total attendance?

• Also, the MCR gig is on the 19th - does it really take more than a week to remove, what, a few hundred seats? Funnily enough, I'm calling bullshit.

• @Glenny said:

@MattF81 said:

@Glenny said:

@MattF81 said:
    Hi MK Fan here

Ok, I'll bite.

I don't think you have the intellectual capacity to continue this conversation, unfortunatley. Enjoy the games.

I think its more likely that you don't have the intellectual capacity to articulate a thorough response.

Also, rather ironic considering you can't spell 'unfortunately'

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Also, the MCR gig is on the 19th - does it really take more than a week to remove, what, a few hundred seats? Funnily enough, I'm calling bullshit.

You beat me to it. There are 10 full days between Wycombe’s visit and the concert.

• @Twizz said:

@MattF81 said

When every seat you sell is subsidised, you're probably correct - what's another £20k in a sea of debt. Do you still count the 1000s of give away kids tickets in the total attendance?

Personally, I think allowing u12's to watch a game of football for free at their local club, rather than sitting in front of Sky Sports, is a brilliant idea.

Do you charge children to watch?

Also, Wycombe are in no position to criticise anything another club does, considering your legal action against Derby County and your promotion via PPG.

• Hahahahahahaha

• It is pleasing to see all three of the other playoff teams desperately pleading for karma to bite them in the arse.

• Unsurprisingly, even MKs trolls are more embarrassing than other clubs.

Genuine question, were you bullied as a child? The only two converted MK fans I know unfortunately were, and they seem to have grown up to revel in being unpopular and friendless in adulthood as well. Must take some real trauma to make someone waste all that time and money following a morally corrupt entity who will forever solely be known as the franchise that shouldn't exist, and you as a fan will always be stained as someone with little regard for the game of football despite dedicating so much time to it. Strange.

• @Username said:
    Unsurprisingly, even MKs trolls are more embarrassing than other clubs.

Genuine question, were you bullied as a child? The only two converted MK fans I know unfortunately were, and they seem to have grown up to revel in being unpopular and friendless in adulthood as well. Must take some real trauma to make someone waste all that time and money following a morally corrupt entity who will forever solely be known as the franchise that shouldn't exist, and you as a fan will always be stained as someone with little regard for the game of football despite dedicating so much time to it. Strange.

Haha no I wasn't but I'm not a converted fan, having followed Wimbledon since a young age and attending many games at Selhurst Park.

I can't speak for converted fans. Sounds like its a subject you're interested in though, so maybe you could do a little more research and see if there is a trend.

Anyway, peace out. Good luck and hopefully two decent games of football. Fingers crossed you win so you can invest some of the prize money into a functioning server for this forum.