Skip to content

Play Offs - As Things Stand

12345679»

Comments

• It's all brilliantly poised isn't it?
    Title still up for grabs, autos, only 1 team guaranteed play-offs, 3 teams battling to be the 1 who stays up.

Plus 2 stand out games featuring top v bottom.

• I’m no betting person. I love figures but, despite coaching from @DevC and others, I’ve never got to grips with it. I dislike it when people talk about the odds on something when, to my mind, the context and logic suggests it should be the odds against!

If Plymouth and MK are both 13/8 how come the draw (which therefore seems a pretty good bet) is paying more? How we’d love a draw, incidentally.

• Had a very stressful dream last night, in which we ended up making the playoffs. When I woke up my heart sank realizing I’d have to go through it all again.

• I probably should have said “how we’d love them to draw”.

• @ChasHarps said:
    MK Dons and Plymouth realistically will be going all out for a win, a draw is the least probable of the games around the top.

Could be 5-5. Any draw will do.

• @micra said:

If Plymouth and MK are both 13/8 how come the draw (which therefore seems a pretty good bet) is paying more?

A win for either of them is more likely than a draw according to the long term stats. Also very few punters back the draw.

• @micra said:

If Plymouth and MK are both 13/8 how come the draw (which therefore seems a pretty good bet) is paying more? How we’d love a draw, incidentally.

I thought the same until I realised that these are betting odds as opposed to real statistical probability.

• Oops. Must read to end of thread. See that @Onlooker said pretty much the same thing.

• Well, I suppose this thread can now continue a week longer at least!

Morning after the day before and what a great day yesterday was. My son did his first ‘proper away match’ (White Hart Lane and Wembley Saarfend aside) and his first terrace experience.

I gave him his ticket when we took our place and asked if he wanted to keep it to remember the day. He took it and didn’t look arsed or know what I was on about.

He really enjoyed the day, and it’s not just because of the team. It’s YOU LOT too. The fans made his day so good, from the fry up breakfast nearby with lots of blue around us, the singing, the inflatables, the ‘saving our spaces when he need the loo’! Bumping into Jason McCarthy in the service station on the way back and meeting what felt like half of High Wycombe in there too! Everything. I think he may become a ‘left side’ which is fine by me, but I’m a ‘barmy army!’ whereas he is a ‘chairboys!’.

I think he sang himself to sleep with E-I-E-I-E-I-O!

When he went off to bed last night, the last thing he says was “Dad, I think I will keep that ticket”. My heart melts.

If he remembers the day in 30 years like I remember days like Altrincham and Slough Town away when I was young, just what price can you put on that?

Might start a separate thread for memorable early away days for everyone.

• Beautiful post that

• Wonderful @username123

• What a lovely description of such a great day. Our fans were absolutely wonderful yesterday and more of that next week could provide the platform for another trip to Wembley.

• Ok then so officially half way and Wycombe and Sunderland successfully kept clean sheets at home. Wednesday looked pretty toothless to me and would be surprised if they overturn it if I’m honest. Alex Neil seems to have made Sunderland a or more solid. Milton Keynes will have to be more attacking, with the red card and the fact Boateng looked crocked near the end I think they might mix it up and play Connor Wickham (there’s only one decent Wycombe).

• @YorkExile said:
    Thoroughly perplexed by anyone suggesting they'd prefer to see the franchise finish second than third in any circumstances. We'll beat them if it comes to that.

justsayin

• Hi mate. Just wondering when we are losing Taf, Gmac, Horgan, Vokes, Grimmer, Wing and Obita? Asking for a concerned friend.

• 🎶 It's all gone quiet over there, it's all gone quiet over there 🎶

• My only concern is that I can’t find @Wanderers82’s post of 28 April. Was it on another thread or has he/she deleted it and run away in shame with his/her tail between his/her legs?

To be fair, there’s no shame in being able to do that.

• To be fair Stewart did leave. Some pundits would dine off that.

• I know each to his own and we all see support in different ways but I genuinely don't understand why posters who, however well we are doing or whatever the situation, seemingly have nothing but bile and contempt for the club and team bother. Other pastimes are available.

• As @micra would probably say, "there's nowt so queer as folk". After all there are still folk convinced that the current occupier of number 10 is as honest as the day is long!

• Well, not Rishi and Sajid it seems @mooneyman