Skip to content

Play Offs - As Things Stand

Comments

• If we finish sixth I’d much rather Milton Keynes finished second than third.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Good teams don't fear anyone

Exactly right. We’ve got Gareth McCleary.

• I wouldn't want to face MK on that big Wembley pitch. Much rather face any other side - ideally Plymouth.

• @frequentstander said:
    I wouldn't want to face MK on that big Wembley pitch. Much rather face any other side - ideally Plymouth.

If we were to play Franchise at Wembley, will anyone refuse to attend due to their morally compromised beginnings? If we were to beat them, how would that impact on the next season. Might it feel tainted?

I’m not trying to cause controversy here. I would be there and do attend both home and away games but if they were to go bust, I doubt I’d shed a tear. I’d prefer to not play them at all in the playoffs. I can see why some might still refuse to recognise games involving them as valid.

• Thoroughly perplexed by anyone suggesting they'd prefer to see the franchise finish second than third in any circumstances. We'll beat them if it comes to that.

• Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, we haven’t reached the playoffs yet let alone deciding who we’d like to meet in the final.

• I heard Derby are getting a bye into the League One final...It's only fair...they've earned it.

• @YorkExile said:
    Thoroughly perplexed by anyone suggesting they'd prefer to see the franchise finish second than third in any circumstances. We'll beat them if it comes to that.

If we end up with them in the final, we absolutely HAVE to outnumber them. Everyone start asking everyone they know to keep 21st May free.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@YorkExile said:
    Thoroughly perplexed by anyone suggesting they'd prefer to see the franchise finish second than third in any circumstances. We'll beat them if it comes to that.

If we end up with them in the final, we absolutely HAVE to outnumber them. Everyone start asking everyone they know to keep 21st May free.

They'll bus in every child from every school in 15 miles, presumably without even asking if they want to go.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@YorkExile said:

They'll bus in every child from every school in 15 miles, presumably without even asking if they want to go.

Well then we'll just have to fight fire with fire

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@YorkExile said:

Well then we'll just have to fight fire with fire

Ignore them, They'll never matter, whatever the division or fake attendance.

• @floyd said:
    If we finish sixth I’d much rather Milton Keynes finished second than third.

Would make the attending the away leg of the play off semi a lot easier though, bearing in mind they're all evening kick offs, three of them with work the day after.

• @Manboobs said:

@frequentstander said:
    I wouldn't want to face MK on that big Wembley pitch. Much rather face any other side - ideally Plymouth.

If we were to play Franchise at Wembley, will anyone refuse to attend due to their morally compromised beginnings? If we were to beat them, how would that impact on the next season. Might it feel tainted?

I’m not trying to cause controversy here. I would be there and do attend both home and away games but if they were to go bust, I doubt I’d shed a tear. I’d prefer to not play them at all in the playoffs. I can see why some might still refuse to recognise games involving them as valid.

Don't start all this again whatever you do. :D

• It's an unpopular view but research has been done into the 'teams who have nothing to play for' thing. Teams on average perform just as well if they have 'noything to play for'.

• I remember reading something similar about basketball - I think it was that hot streaks in free throws don’t exist. Fans continued to disbelieve it despite the evidence.

• LX1LX1
    edited April 2022

Another one is the 'new manager bounce'. Loads of research disproving this but such things become gospel amongst sports fans

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@YorkExile said:

Would be a far more powerful statement for our allocation to be completely empty

Let's hope it doesn't come to it.

• Not just football you just have to.listen to a lot of vox pops on the news to know facts are not tnat important these days.

• Whole lot of 80s as it stands

• edited April 2022

@LX1 said:
    Another one is the 'new manager bounce'. Loads of research disproving this but such things become gospel amongst sports fans

New manager bounce is a proven thing, but regression to the mean tends to cancel it out in the end and chairmen who don't realise this end up in an infinite hire-fire cycle (hi Watford) as they hope to eventually look like a genius with a 'successful' appointment.

• Burnley having a giant bounce with their management change.

• 2-1 Fleetwood with 30% possession come on you beautiful Cods

• Another one is the 'nee manager bounce'. Loads of research disproving this but such things become gospel amongst sports fans> @ReturnToSenda said:

@LX1 said:

New manager bounce is a proven thing, but regression to the mean tends to cancel it out in the end and chairmen who don't realise this end up in an infinite hire-fire cycle (hi Watford) as they hope to eventually look like a genius with a 'successful' appointment.

There's been so much research disproving new manager bounce'.

• You can criticise it of course but shoe your numbers

• Shoe or show. Either is fine lol

• How do I upload a book to the Gasroom?

• Never mind all this sh!Te, what a disastrous 2min turn around in the Wednesday game :o

• Unbelievable. Two goals in a minute. Fleetwood have absolutely shat it

• Boots on the ground planning on getting it called off

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    How do I upload a book to the Gasroom?

Ask Mike Riley