Skip to content

Play Offs - As Things Stand

Comments

• Wycombe have shortened to 4/6 top six market after today's results

• Would encourage those who got on at 9/2 pre season to stand firm

• Still wishing I cashed out my 20/1 'to win the league' back when I had the opportunity to double my stake..... !

• We have to hope for (gulp) MK to do well this weekend, as they are probably our best shot, though if Portsmouth can get a draw at Wednesday we could win by two and get in. Obviously not ruling Morecambe out either, but Sunderland are living on jammy late goals...

• If the stats are to be believed, Sunderland didn’t register a shot on target tonight (their goal was an o.g).

• @LeedsBlue said:
    If the stats are to be believed, Sunderland didn’t register a shot on target tonight (their goal was an o.g).

Yes, scored by Ihiekwe to equalise the goal he scored for Rotherham in the first half. He was the guy who scored for Rotherham in what I believe was our first home game in the Championship. If Sunderland don’t win at Morecambe on Saturday and we beat Burton, he could become as big a hero as Colin Daniel.

But we need to win. I think MK will at least get a draw at Home Park and Plymouth are still favourite to be dislodged.

• I'm naked

• That’s no way to spell knackered.

• If I leave my house and walk six miles due south, then six miles due east, then six miles due north, see a bear and arrive at my house. What colour is the bear?

• I don’t know but you’d be six miles east of your house.

• LX1LX1
    edited April 2022

I would be back where I started at my house

• I think you’ve lost your bearings.

• The world is round @micra

• Paws and think

• Let’s hope @LX1 is getting some needed sleep. I’ve got to admit that the results tonight could have been better however we’re still there or thereabouts and an early goal for us on Saturday would put the pressure on the others once word got round.

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Let’s hope @LX1 is getting some needed sleep.

If he did, it was 6 miles from his house, naked and sleeping with a bear.

• So, not much changes really. We need to comprehensively win and hope one of the other 3 drops points. Even Weds drawing leaves the door open for us.

• @LX1 said:
    If I leave my house and walk six miles due south, then six miles due east, then six miles due north, see a bear and arrive at my house. What colour is the bear?

The bear would be white obvs!

• Not the best set of results last night, but could have been far worse. It's as much in Wycombes own hands to get a good result as it is for the other clubs involved.

Plymouth v MK ensures that at least one club in 3rd - 6th will not pick up maximum points. A couple of top v bottom clashes ensure there is everything to play for. Portsmouth last night showed that they are not yet on the beach, and Burton at home are no push over. Could it get any tighter?

The amazing thing about this season is that one club is going to finish with 80+ points and not get in the playoffs.

• Ideally we and Plymouth win, Sheff Weds and Sunderland lose. We play Plymouth in the semis and Sunderland miss out.

• @Chris said:
    Ideally we and Plymouth win, Sheff Weds and Sunderland lose. We play Plymouth in the semis and Sunderland miss out.

Actually, that would be perfect

• The amazing thing, in my opinion, is that in any of the 81 possible permutations any team any team can be in the play offs with a win, draw or loss and any team can be outside with a draw or loss. Only SW and Sun are gauanteed a play off place with a win.

• 81 permutations is WDL for each match. In some there are “sub permutatons” such as WW win by 2 goals more than PA or similar clauses.

• Despite the permutations of other results on Saturday, the only one that really matters is Wycombe winning at Burton. I think it’ll be a lot tougher than some people seem to think. Being a lunchtime kick-off and also with everybody checking their phones it’ll be as tense off the pitch as it is on it.

• @mooneyman said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

Your house is at the North Pole @LX1. Don’t get me wrong but I hope you’ll join me in having an early night. Late nights are knackering.

• @micra said:

@mooneyman said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

Your house is at the North Pole @LX1. Don’t get me wrong but I hope you’ll join me in having an early night. Late nights are knackering.

Won't Mrs micra complain?

• I’m afraid I can’t even describe mrs micra as I described you on the Samaritans score prediction thread - cautiously optimistic!

Talking of micra, I tried to review something on the ASDA website earlier today using that nickname, only to be told that it had already been taken. Might have been me. I vaguely remember trying to get a review published and giving up when I had to provide email address etc.

• The most ridiculous permutation would be that we lose to Burton, and still make the play offs by virtue of Plymouth losing 3-0!

I won't be running out to put money on that one though!

• MK Dons and Plymouth realistically will be going all out for a win, a draw is the least probable of the games around the top.

• Odds from Betair.com:

Burton 7/2, Wycombe 3/4, Draw 11/4
    Plymouth 13/8, MK Dons 13/8, Draw 23/10
    Sheff W 11/20, Portsmouth 9/2, Draw 16/5
    Morecambe 7/2, Sunderland 8/11, Draw 14/5
    Gillingham 9/2, Rotherham 8/13, Draw 14/5