Skip to content

Play Offs - As Things Stand

Comments

• @floyd said:
    Opened this thread at 1040 after a long day, saw, ‘I reckon Vokes will go to MK or Oxford,’ and decided that was enough Gasroom for me.

We have two important games coming up and then you read some of the recent posts, not about the playoffs. Terrible stuff.

• Just shows - top of the table or bottom of the table the 'he'll be off' 'someone will be in for him' 'we cannot afford his wages' Gasroom debate will never die! It's the 85th minute for me and I'm down in the corner waiting for the late winner.

• @wwfcblue said:

@floyd said:
    Opened this thread at 1040 after a long day, saw, ‘I reckon Vokes will go to MK or Oxford,’ and decided that was enough Gasroom for me.

We have two important games coming up and then you read some of the recent posts, not about the playoffs. Terrible stuff.

The knife edge we're on between a summer of talking of "best evers" and everything being wrong is unreal.

• edited April 2022

@Malone said:

@wwfcblue said:

@floyd said:

The knife edge we're on between a summer of talking of "best evers" and everything being wrong is unreal.

Who was it who suggested a black and white away kit? Cause I think they were onto something.

• Which fans are these sorry?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@wwfcblue said:

@floyd said:

Who was it who suggested a black and white away kit? Cause I think they were onto something.

I say this like black and white thinking isn't a feature of all fan bases... At least we haven't reached big six levels of hysteria yet!

• I did mention an homage to North Town Wanderers a while back but pretty sure I wasn’t alone and not even sure which thread it was!

• @frequentstander said:
    Vokes we supposedly have the extension clause but his body language has been markedly different since Gillingham away. He was visibly furious at coming off. Much less clapping of the fans from him than usual ever since and a very dejected look on his face at times.

Sad to see Sam Vokes still looking so dejected. He’s gone, isn’t he?

• @arnos_grove said:

@frequentstander said:
    Vokes we supposedly have the extension clause but his body language has been markedly different since Gillingham away. He was visibly furious at coming off. Much less clapping of the fans from him than usual ever since and a very dejected look on his face at times.

Sad to see Sam Vokes still looking so dejected. He’s gone, isn’t he?

Photoshopped

• Vokesy was on my table at the sponsors dinner last night. He's enjoyed this season more than any in recent memory, his family love Marlow and are settled and a new offer from us is on the table. Agents are involved, albeit he's doesn't like them and he'd love to stay. Unless he lied to my face or someone else comes in, he'll stay. COYB

• edited April 2022

Sorry, slightly misread the post. Sounds promising, but could someone else nab him on a free?

• @Aimlesslywandering said:
    Vokesy was on my table at the sponsors dinner last night. He's enjoyed this season more than any in recent memory, his family love Marlow and are settled and a new offer from us is on the table. Agents are involved, albeit he's doesn't like them and he'd love to stay. Unless he lied to my face or someone else comes in, he'll stay. COYB

Thought we had a 2nd year option?

But I'm taking your post as a positive, so let's hope so eh?

I'm still traumatised by seeing someone say to Mickey Bell, "you're off aren't you", and him just grinning back.

• What a Bell end

• I can't remember a disappointment greater than that pre season.
    97 i think it was, Bell was pretty classy, a star player in the team, not the best defender, not the best winger, but supreme as a wing back.

A lot of our play was around him getting decent ball into Scott.

Then all of a sudden he's gone. 150k a rip off when Bristol City sold their own wing back for 750k, and even worse for all his "ambition" talk, he spent about 1 season in a higher division and the rest of it playing little old Wycombe.

• @Malone said:
    I'm still traumatised by seeing someone say to Mickey Bell, "you're off aren't you", and him just grinning back.

I’m still not ready to forgive him, therefore he shall continue to be known as Judas.

• @Malone said:
    I can't remember a disappointment greater than that pre season.
    97 i think it was, Bell was pretty classy, a star player in the team, not the best defender, not the best winger, but supreme as a wing back.

A lot of our play was around him getting decent ball into Scott.

Then all of a sudden he's gone. 150k a rip off when Bristol City sold their own wing back for 750k, and even worse for all his "ambition" talk, he spent about 1 season in a higher division and the rest of it playing little old Wycombe.

I remember playing Bristol City at home the season after he joined them. They packed the away end and taunted us with "We've got Mickey Bell" chants. I remember being devastated as a kid with 3 BELL on the back of my Alan Smith Wycombe shirt.

Mickey's son, Sam, is now playing for Bristol City, on loan elsewhere I believe.

• That first season he came back we won 2-0 at our place didn't we.

Won't have stopped him counting his money and cackling, but felt a decent little win.

• Ending a decent career being first on the team sheet and scoring goals for Wycombe while enjoying the bistros of Marlow is not too bad I reckon.

• Mickey Bell is on the youth coaching staff at Bristol City. He seems very settled in the Bristol area. Feels like the move there worked out well for him overall.

• Latest odds on top six finish
    Sund 1/10
    Weds 1/8
    Plym 8/13
    Wyc 8/11

• @DevC said:
    Mickey Bell is on the youth coaching staff at Bristol City. He seems very settled in the Bristol area. Feels like the move there worked out well for him overall.

Well that is lovely to hear.

• Sheffield Wednesday and ourselves could very easily end up on the same points, goal difference, and goals scored. That would be quite something!

For example:

Fleetwood 2-2 Wednesday
    Wednesday 2-1 Portsmouth (or those two results could be the other way around)
    Burton 0-2 Wycombe

We'd be ahead of them on head-to-head record!

• edited April 2022

When was the last time h2h decided a position of significance? I'd have to get another flag done.

• Imagine!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    When was the last time h2h decided a position of significance? I'd have to get another flag done.

It would need to have Stocko on it saying “that is soooo Wycombe”!!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I doubt it has ever happened. It's just so unlikely

• Serie A uses h2h record before goal difference

• h2h = Head to Head, fellow oldie pedants.

• @micra said:
    h2h = Head to Head, fellow oldie pedants.

I did wonder what part a train line still under construction could play? Thanks @micra.