Play Offs - As Things Stand

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Must win game against bogey team on a bank holiday to literally try and cement our place in the play-offs? Got to be worth ten quid.

Are you Devvvv in disguise...get to the game son :)

I don't travel well @Malone I shall be online with the rest of the part-time plastic gloryhunters.

At least you'll miss all the usual seat-related aggro. I'm dreading it.

I'm hoping that even the dimmest fan understands that when it's the once a season away game sell out you have to sit in your actual seat or it's carnage :D

That and the polite email from the club in midweek saying so to.

It'll absolutely be carnage - and the fault of the 'day-trippers', no doubt...

I'm cautiously optimistic.
    The pub gang who turn up at 2.55 should be ok, as they'll have no option but to pick their exact seat.

And the ability to select your exact seat on the website, instead of the usual pure lotto, should go quite some way to sort it.

(Having said this, I plan to get there early doors to make sure I'm in my seat nice and early!!)

• That said, if people who want to stand organise themselves and get there early enough to let others fill in elsewhere, I think it's generally fine - but you just know you'll get the 2:59 crowd trying to squeeze in front of some poor old fella who can't stand.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    That said, if people who want to stand organise themselves and get there early enough to let others fill in elsewhere, I think it's generally fine - but you just know you'll get the 2:59 crowd trying to squeeze in front of some poor old fella who can't stand.

Maybe I'm being criminally naive with my hope that the late doors crew have carefully arranged to all be in the same block, and all be quite low down :)

• But... Wimbledon couldn't exactly have made it much clearer in advance, so I'm not minded to be so accommodating this time (even though I don't really care where in the stand I end up).

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    But... Wimbledon couldn't exactly have made it much clearer in advance, so I'm not minded to be so accommodating this time (even though I don't really care where in the stand I end up).

It's clear, and very unusually for an away you can pick your exact seat, so it should be fine. Unlike that Oxford away that time!

• edited April 2022

It absolutely won't be fine - a lot won't have been able to book together because of the priority system and there are a lot of inconsiderate arseholes about.

• That said, isn't our away end unallocated even when it's sold out?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    That said, isn't our away end unallocated even when it's sold out?

Doubt it. I'd imagine that'd be a huge no-no in the FA rule book.

Although I'm now thinking do I remember reading that we tend to leave xx seats empty for late arrivals, so it's never actually ever 100% sold out? That'd sound more likely if it really is unallocated.

All that'll happen if you do it unallocated is you'll get people loitering in the steps areas, and cramming into rows. It can be hard to spot the odd spare/pair of empties when everyone's stood up.

• Felt sorry for a few oldies at Gillingham.

Turned up early, went really wide to the right, thinking that'll ensure not being amongst the noisy/booze gang, and what happens? That's the exact area they all pack into late on.

• Choose your seat, get there early, have a ‘singing section’ - none of it works. The 2.59 Crew will turn up pissed and wired and just stand in the aisles to be near their mates. It ruined Oxford away and I won’t be attending.

• Malone…we and the wife were a couple of oldies that were dislodged from there by the drink addled mob. Got caught in exactly the same way at Pompey tbh. Even thought it was funny to start Akinfenwa is a sex offender chant. I’ve had it with this lot and not going to Wimbledon. It’s not funny as we were supporting Wycombe way before any of these reprobates were even born.

• This is depressing - I don't blame you guys for giving aways a swerve, but you shouldn't have to.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Bogey team is such a nonsense concept unless the team has kept the same manager over a long period

@ReturnToSenda knows. Complete nonsense

• Well, wether you guys are going or not, I wish you all well. Sadly, I shall be flying out 09.00 to Eire & not looking forward to it either. I am taking my mums ashes back to her home village to place them in the family burial plot as per her request in her will. I hope however to be listening in to @bluntphil & co commentator to a glorious victory that I can stand at the graveside at 18.30 with a smile on my face and toast her life and a long and happy future to WWFC and all who support the club. COYB's!!!

• edited April 2022

@MBS said:
    Malone…we and the wife were a couple of oldies that were dislodged from there by the drink addled mob. Got caught in exactly the same way at Pompey tbh. Even thought it was funny to start Akinfenwa is a sex offender chant. I’ve had it with this lot and not going to Wimbledon. It’s not funny as we were supporting Wycombe way before any of these reprobates were even born.

Sorry to hear, pretty dreadful.

I think what actually works decently to avoid the mob is to go fairly central and reasonably high up or just to the side, and quite early. That way, the "planners" fill in decently around you, and the late doors crew have to go wide or low, well out of the way. Beware the wide open spaces as kick off emerges.

Quite different to a number of years go, where the central areas high up were an absolute no go as they'd just pack in there, irrespective of there being space!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Well, wether you guys are going or not, I wish you all well. Sadly, I shall be flying out 09.00 to Eire & not looking forward to it either. I am taking my mums ashes back to her home village to place them in the family burial plot as per her request in her will. I hope however to be listening in to @bluntphil & co commentator to a glorious victory that I can stand at the graveside at 18.30 with a smile on my face and toast her life and a long and happy future to WWFC and all who support the club. COYB's!!!

Sorry, missed that.
    Sounds a pretty sad and poignant day's work. Hope it goes well and you get to hear a decent victory.

• Cheers @Malone it's not something I'm a looking forward to and been delayed for so long thanks to Covid. Mum died January 2021 so in a way, it's a long running saga that will be coming to an end about 90 minutes after the ref blows that final whistle, as such I'm hoping that I can breath a huge sigh of relief at 19.00 and get on with seeing family & friends that I haven't seen in years. Fly back in time for Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday though.
    Right off to the airport at this ghostly hour, adios!

• All the best to you and your family, @EwanHoosaami.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Cheers @Malone it's not something I'm a looking forward to and been delayed for so long thanks to Covid. Mum died January 2021 so in a way, it's a long running saga that will be coming to an end about 90 minutes after the ref blows that final whistle, as such I'm hoping that I can breath a huge sigh of relief at 19.00 and get on with seeing family & friends that I haven't seen in years. Fly back in time for Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday though.
    Right off to the airport at this ghostly hour, adios!

All the best mate! I hope you get some closure. Will be thinking of you

• All the best @EwanHoosaami, safe travels

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Well, wether you guys are going or not, I wish you all well. Sadly, I shall be flying out 09.00 to Eire & not looking forward to it either. I am taking my mums ashes back to her home village to place them in the family burial plot as per her request in her will. I hope however to be listening in to @bluntphil & co commentator to a glorious victory that I can stand at the graveside at 18.30 with a smile on my face and toast her life and a long and happy future to WWFC and all who support the club. COYB's!!!

Wishing you all the best for today.

• All the best @EwanHoosaami - hope it's a trip you can get some comfort from

• It’ll be a hard day @EwanHoosaami - hope fulfilling your mums wishes helps the grieving process which takes a long long time.

• My thoughts are with you and your family on what’s going to be a sad day. Let’s hope a Wycombe win shines a little light on your day.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

Best wishes on that. I was doing the same thing on Dartmoor with my Father-in-law's ashes 2 weeks ago. It's hard but at least you come away knowing they are where they wanted to be.

And on the positive side, some strange hyperspace geometry put a bit of Okehampton in Vipienne so I was able to watch Doncaster getting turned over. Helped get into the right frame of mind for the hike up on to the moor the next day.

• Thoughts and best wishes for today @EwanHoosaami.

• I hope it brings you some peace @EwanHoosaami

• Best wishes @EwanHoosaami, the emotions that you'll be going through over in Eire should help us remember "Football, its just a game".