Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Username said:
    We're already into our enlarged 28k allocation @Safc_in_peace

From what I've heard we've done around 21 now, expect we'll end up around 24-25, so not too far from full- will be the seats in the gods and the expensive seats left I expect

So with our 28k allocation, your 44k and some extra segregation requirements, that's pretty much the entire non corporate Wembley spoken for.

Capacity is 90k, 28 plus 44 is 72k corporate tickets are at the most 10k, so even on that basis there are still 8k empty seats.

Empty seats while you have fans without tickets is just wrong.

Agree, but there do still seem to be Wycombe fans trying to buy tickets too, we may have less fans (not an apology) but we also have less staff and they're getting them out as quickly as they can. I genuinely think we'll allow you to have as many as we can within all the rules when we have got everyone sorted in another day or two. I have sympathy for regulars who can't get tickets but you've had more than you'd have got from almost any other competitor and it's not your first Wembley in years or anything like that.

• Does anyone actually have any evidence that it's Wycombe blocking the request from Sunderland for more tickets? Seems to me like it's becoming internet legend based on nothing at all?

We supported their last request for more so I'm not sure why we'd block now. Seems far more likely it's being blocked by the other authorities I think.

• edited May 2022

@drcongo said:
    I can’t believe how Winkleman you are about this @ReturnToSenda

Ridiculous comparison.

What part of 50:50 at a neutral venue (which it already barely is) are you lot struggling to get your heads around? Do you want your team to be at even more of a disadvantage than they already will be with Sunderland fans outnumbering Wycombe 2:1?

• Does anyone actually know for sure that there are a significant number of 'corporate' tickets for the Lg1 play off final?

I'd have thought that sponsors aren't really that fussed about having lots of play off tickets with their commercial packages with the EFL. Difference kettle of fish when it comes to FA Cup Final and alike.

• Not sure in a important “cup final” match, it would be a good idea to have one teams fans physically above another’s. 95per cent of the higher tier supporters would no doubt behave perfectly sensibly but sadly a few drunken arseholes may well spoil the day by throwing coins , other missiles, bottles of urine etc on those below. Better not to take the risk.

If there are empty seats which can be used safely for all, seems sensible that they should be. But only if safe to do so.

• edited May 2022

@DevC said:
    Not sure in a important “cup final” match, it would be a good idea to have one teams fans physically above another’s. 95per cent of the higher tier supporters would no doubt behave perfectly sensibly but sadly a few drunken arseholes may well spoil the day by throwing coins , other missiles, bottles of urine etc on those below. Better not to take the risk.

If there are empty seats which can be used safely for all, seems sensible that they should be. But only if safe to do so.

Plenty of grounds where one set of fans are seated above the other tbf, including the Stadium of Light. But it has always seemed to go a bit against H&S.

• edited May 2022

Sunderland fans were sitting above Sheff Weds fans in the semi final. As far as I'm aware there were no issues.

I tend to agree with our Sunderland guest on here, it would be a shame if there were blocks that never went on sale, and fans who wanted to go to the game but were unable to get a ticket

• What's the cut-off for selling tickets btw?

• Could you buy tickets on the day v Southend or am I imagining that?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    What's the cut-off for selling tickets btw?

On sale until midnight Thursday night.

• So who can offer these seats for sale?

• Whatever anyone says about our ticketing system it’s a very long way from the far off days when you had to queue through the night with no guarantee that you’d get a ticket if there were too many people ahead of you. I remember that well from my youth.

• I queued round the car park at Adams Park for cup games against both Peterborough and West Brom

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@drcongo said:
    I can’t believe how Winkleman you are about this @ReturnToSenda

Ridiculous comparison.

What part of 50:50 at a neutral venue (which it already barely is) are you lot struggling to get your heads around? Do you want your team to be at even more of a disadvantage than they already will be with Sunderland fans outnumbering Wycombe 2:1?

I wonder if people would say the same if we were q much smaller club.
    Say we could only get about 8,000 there, would they be happy with Sunderland having 75,000?

• edited May 2022

I really don't get the issue with the current situation.

Both teams presumably started with a possible 37k allocation (Sunderland's initial no.)

We said we couldn't fill that so gave a section (9k) to Sunderland leaving us 28 (once we sold 19)

They've got that extra section minus the seats for segregation giving 43

We can't give more as they're in a section we are legitimately trying to fill with our own fans

• Yeah, but Sunderland have "Premier League noise" (actual quote from Sky Sports)

• FFS enough with the entitled Mackems

They started with a larger allocation than us, then despite us reasonably expecting to sell more than our initial allocation but less than the maximum allocation we could receive, we agreed with the EFL & Wembley to allow them an additional 6,500. Frankly, because of their nonsense about buying in our end, we have made it very difficult for casual fans/locals to buy tickets and that is wrong...

They need to live with the extended allocation they have received

• On an unrelated matter...first time at new wembley...can I take a plastic bottle of pop in or will I be wrestled to the ground and refused entry unless I buy a 10 quid pint?

• I'm not sure where Sunderland are wanting the extra tickets from? If it's from our allocation of 29k or whatever it was, then absolutely not. We should be given every opportunity to sell as many as we can to our fans.

If it's not out of our allocation, then no problem at all, let's get Wembley as full as possible.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    If it's not out of our allocation, then no problem at all, let's get Wembley as full as possible.

Genuinely, why? How does that advantage Wycombe on the day?

• edited May 2022

They've got themselves half of the second-biggest stadium in Europe btw - so unless the EFL move the game to Camp Nou, I don't see what else can be done.

• It's really the same argument that Ainsworth used re the MK match. It's just a shame to have empty seats in a stadium, when there's fans who want to attend.

As I say, I wouldn't want them eating into our allocation and if some of our seats remain unsold do be it, but if there are any other spare blocks, then I've no issue with them going to Sunderland. With a large number usually taken up by Wembley club holders though, I can't imagine they'll be much spare anyway.

• @eric_plant said:
    I queued round the car park at Adams Park for cup games against both Peterborough and West Brom

My dad was in that West Brom queue to get one for me (think it was a Sunday wasn't it, think I was playing football). It was supposed to be one per person I believe. He said he got one then get walked back round and got another. Only ever Wycombe game he's ever been to.

Those were extraordinary times

• There was more of an argument with MK as we'd given them twice as many tickets as we had to for the first leg and they didn't reciprocate (not that they were under any obligation to, but still). This is a completely different case - Sunderland have been given half of the stadium (with a bit of help from us) and sold that out, now they're just getting greedy.

• They're just fans who want to see their team play. Don't call them greedy

• If we get to the end of Thursday and there's a way to give them a few more I've absolutely no problem with it.

But there's a bullying nature to these calls - demanding to know whether we're supporting their request for more, telling us to hurry up because they've already booked their trains and hotels. Three days ago we were 'a classy club' when we gave them an extra 6,000, now we're a set of bastards again.

Our sales are slower because the local casual supporter has been required to jump through additional hoops, mainly because their casual supporters made it clear they'd be buying in our end. And you don't have to look far to find people who've not been able to get through to Adams Park on the phone because we probably have about 2 people on the lines.

If it's that important to them to speed up our sales, then they can send some of their massive bank of office staff to help.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    It's really the same argument that Ainsworth used re the MK match. It's just a shame to have empty seats in a stadium, when there's fans who want to attend.

As I say, I wouldn't want them eating into our allocation and if some of our seats remain unsold do be it, but if there are any other spare blocks, then I've no issue with them going to Sunderland. With a large number usually taken up by Wembley club holders though, I can't imagine they'll be much spare anyway.

It's not really the same thing is it?
    MK denied us a bit more seating in a cynical attempt to gain an advantage over us.

Sunderland have already been given am allocation dwarfing ours. They've also had it extended.
    Not entirely sure why anyone is seemingly so keen on them having say 60,000-65,000 when we'll probably top out 22k ish.
    If it was their regular fans missing out that's a shame, but this will be deep into casuals now.