Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• @Onlooker said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Anyone else had issued with cancelled tickets on the ticket website? Went in to my account today and found my transaction for 6 tickets has been cancelled. Can’t access the tickets on that transaction but have the same seats active in my account but under different references and at a cheaper price. Not seen any form of refund or communication.

Emailed the club but wondered if anyone else had seen this. I’ve distributed the original tickets but now wonder if they are valid and if the new one are too? Funny the price dropped too.

Common reasons for cancellation

(i) High risk postcode (SR1, SR4, SR5, SR6, NE36, NE37) or links to area, e.g. unclaimed lost property (scarf, half-and-half or otherwise) at Newcastle airport

(ii) Criticism of club friend Alan Swann on social media/online forums

(iii) Counterfeit ink detected when printing tickets in full-colour

Strangely I lost a much loved Wycombe scarf in Newcastle Airport after watching that incredible Gateshead match in the nearly season. If they know that it might explain my cost saving but why hasn't my scarf been returned?

Thought it was lucky but the replacement for the next season is still going strong now and has done ok on luck.

More seriously I am wondering if the block I booked was priced too high and has been corrected. Hopefully the club will answer my email today. Don't want to be refused at the gate.

• @Quarterman said:
    @Genactico Counting seats sold on the website in all blocks released, yes I’m that sad! (not including unavailable/black seats). Only needed to do this once and take note of the remaining seats available at that time. Then just count the changes after that.

I've been doing much the same (equally sad) and come up with pretty similar figures. You get a bit of shuffling as people select tickets and then move them, but we're taking 20 here and there.

None of this is more tragic than in the midst of our extended 2nd lockdown up north when I was reduced one night to tracing on Google Maps the route of the electricity pylons that brush past Adams Park. It ends up a stone's throw from le stade à trois côtés in downtown Cowley

https://www.google.com/maps/place/National+Grid+Cowley+Sub-station/@51.7136572,-1.2058911,2046m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xa45c208f69e9ec8c!8m2!3d51.7108917!4d-1.1879954

• @LX1 said:

@eric_plant said:
    I queued round the car park at Adams Park for cup games against both Peterborough and West Brom

My dad was in that West Brom queue to get one for me (think it was a Sunday wasn't it, think I was playing football). It was supposed to be one per person I believe. He said he got one then get walked back round and got another. Only ever Wycombe game he's ever been to.

Those were extraordinary times

One of the elite stampedes for tickets was Leicester (a) 2001. I seem to recall some people who faced little chance of getting one were saved when someone remembered a school in Amersham(?) had a load of free season tickets that were never used but were suddenly incredibly useful. Worthwhile trip too, Wycombe won 2-1.

• Apologies if it's already been answered but does anyone know why there are swathes of blacked out seats in blocks 103, 104 and 508?

• @oilysailor said:

@LX1 said:

@eric_plant said:
    I queued round the car park at Adams Park for cup games against both Peterborough and West Brom

My dad was in that West Brom queue to get one for me (think it was a Sunday wasn't it, think I was playing football). It was supposed to be one per person I believe. He said he got one then get walked back round and got another. Only ever Wycombe game he's ever been to.

One of the elite stampedes for tickets was Leicester (a) 2001. I seem to recall some people who faced little chance of getting one were saved when someone remembered a school in Amersham(?) had a load of free season tickets that were never used but were suddenly incredibly useful. Worthwhile trip too, Wycombe won 2-1.

Twas me Mr. Sailor. I like to think my altruism was granted karma in the form of Mr Essandoh. So may years ago!

• Peak Wembley Final Fever... Gareth Ainswurst.

• I'll be reading next that a Sunderland fan is flying to Wembley via Spain because it's cheaper than the train!

Oh, wait...

• R S Troutt man - wurst injury in Wembley history??

• @LeedsBlue said:
    I'll be reading next that a Sunderland fan is flying to Wembley via Spain because it's cheaper than the train!

Oh, wait...

Yeah, you can spend the night in a hostel, take 2 days off work and spend a few hours drinking in the sun to save £12.

• https://www.safc.com/news/ticket-news/2022/may/additional-tickets-on-sale

They've just been given 2500 more tickets and there's 3000 in the queue at 3.30. Surely they can't want more after that.

• @Cheltenham22 said:
    https://www.safc.com/news/ticket-news/2022/may/additional-tickets-on-sale

They've just been given 2500 more tickets and there's 3000 in the queue at 3.30. Surely they can't want more after that.

Trying to work out where in Wembley you'd have restricted view? It says some of them are.

• If you're number 2501 in the queue,I bet you're pissed

• @Monza said:

@oilysailor said:

@LX1 said:

@eric_plant said:

Twas me Mr. Sailor. I like to think my altruism was granted karma in the form of Mr Essandoh. So may years ago!

What school was that? I was at school at time in Amersham and never managed to get our hands on any tickets for the game.

• @Cheltenham22 said:

Maths not your string point?

• String theory is more physics than maths isn't it @eric_plant

• @Cheltenham22 said:

It seems obvious we will if there is 3000 in the queue and only 2500 available! Nevermind the fact that each person is probably buying more than 1 on average. I couldn't even guess how many we could have sold if it was unlimited.

• @eric_plant said:

@Cheltenham22 said:

Spelling not yours

• @hawaythelads said:

@Cheltenham22 said:

It seems obvious we will if there is 3000 in the queue and only 2500 available! Nevermind the fact that each person is probably buying more than 1 on average. I couldn't even guess how many we could have sold if it was unlimited.

Some of those queuing will be the same people with multiple accounts. So if there's a queue of 3000 it may only be half that in reality

• @Cheltenham22 said:

@hawaythelads said:

@Cheltenham22 said:

Some of those queuing will be the same people with multiple accounts. So if there's a queue of 3000 it may only be half that in reality

Possibly, although 7000 were in the queue as of 3 minutes ago. Queue started moving about 3.50pm. Think a lot of people are starting to believe/hope again. That usually ends well!!!!

• @hawaythelads said:

@Cheltenham22 said:

@hawaythelads said:

@Cheltenham22 said:

Possibly, although 7000 were in the queue as of 3 minutes ago. Queue started moving about 3.50pm. Think a lot of people are starting to believe/hope again. That usually ends well!!!!

I'm in the doghouse either way mate. I'm a Cheltenham fan with a Wycombe wife and a son in his first year at Sunderland Uni. His mum bought three Wycombe tickets but our son is trying to get in with Sunderland. She'll go mad if he does!

• My son says all 2500 are now sold.

Looks like he's in the Wycombe section.

• @Cheltenham22 said:

@eric_plant said:

@Cheltenham22 said:

Spelling not yours

???

No comeback to that!!!

• @Croider said:

@Monza said:

@oilysailor said:

@LX1 said:

@eric_plant said:

What school was that? I was at school at time in Amersham and never managed to get our hands on any tickets for the game.

It wasn't Amersham. It was Bucks Uni when they used to sponsor a stand.

• Block 211 just opened for sale for those who haven't got tickets yet!

• https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/extra-2500-tickets-released.1579437/page-8

Posters in here suggesting that Sunderland have been given blocks 217 - 225, in the middle tier directly above Wycombe fans in the lower tier. Why on earth would they not shift these to the upper tier on that side which is empty?

• .> @Brownie said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/extra-2500-tickets-released.1579437/page-8

Posters in here suggesting that Sunderland have been given blocks 217 - 225, in the middle tier directly above Wycombe fans in the lower tier. Why on earth would they not shift these to the upper tier on that side which is empty?

I love a party with a bit of atmosphere. I'll take me bike helmet.

• edited May 2022

A disappointingly mainstream angle from King Chiles. We want more wooden spoon and home urinal content! (iykyk)

• 23,144 sold. Sunderland have sold out 46,500. The crowd looks certain to be over 70k

• So with our 46,500 tickets sold plus Club Wembley sale there could be 50,000 Sunderland fans in the ground, with your sales we should see almost 80,000 at the match. Great effort by all involved.

With ticketless fans and family members who are just going to London for the weekend, while their husband goes to the match, it is estimated that there could be 80,000 folk from Sunderland in London on Saturday!

Now that the rush for tickets is over let’s start talking about the game.