Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• Am I right in believing that The Torch has been designated as a "Wycombe Pub" at Wembley?

If so it seems absurd to have Wycombe fans walking from Wembley Stadium station, past the Sunderland fans exiting Wembley Park station, to get to The Torch.

• @Alexo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@LX1 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@LX1 said:
    I got a pineapple into Wembley once, but it was confiscated at the first steward search (true story)

Context please...

We were drinking in some posh hotel bar down Baker Street as all the other pubs were rammed. They had big bowls of fresh fruit everywhere. Naughtily I walked out with a full pineapple (nobody was ever going to eat it let's be honest). Still had it as we got to Wembley, the stewards were rather bemused but decided it could be an offensive weapon.

I once got stopped at airport security cause I had a table tennis bat ?

I got stopped at airport security because they confused a pack of 8 cigars in canisters for a bomb coming back from Lanzarote ?

Yet at Stansted airport last month I never got pulled up even though I had my mum's ashes in a casket inside my rucksack! I'll remember that next time I want to smuggle drugs! ?

• @Twizz said:
    Am I right in believing that The Torch has been designated as a "Wycombe Pub" at Wembley?

If so it seems absurd to have Wycombe fans walking from Wembley Stadium station, past the Sunderland fans exiting Wembley Park station, to get to The Torch.

Not the brightest idea

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Alexo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@LX1 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@LX1 said:
    I got a pineapple into Wembley once, but it was confiscated at the first steward search (true story)

Context please...

We were drinking in some posh hotel bar down Baker Street as all the other pubs were rammed. They had big bowls of fresh fruit everywhere. Naughtily I walked out with a full pineapple (nobody was ever going to eat it let's be honest). Still had it as we got to Wembley, the stewards were rather bemused but decided it could be an offensive weapon.

I once got stopped at airport security cause I had a table tennis bat ?

I got stopped at airport security because they confused a pack of 8 cigars in canisters for a bomb coming back from Lanzarote ?

Yet at Stansted airport last month I never got pulled up even though I had my mum's ashes in a casket inside my rucksack! I'll remember that next time I want to smuggle drugs! ?

I also got stopped by airport security back in the days of home brew ( for those of us who can remember that far back) when I was transporting hop extract to an undisclosed destination. Needless to say I successfully explained away that my alcohol whilst potent was not explosive!

• @Twizz said:
    Am I right in believing that The Torch has been designated as a "Wycombe Pub" at Wembley?

It's not exactly Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce mate!
    We had no problems mixing with the Charlton fans in 2019, sure it will be similar on Saturday if need be.

• I am going from Amersham,Met Line tube to Wembley Park 40mins travel time.

• @mooneyman said:
    Does anyone know if there is a direct train from Amersham Station to Wembley Stadium?

TFL website normally up to date in my experience and suggests the Metropolitan will run from Amersham-Wembley (a bargain at £2.10 one way as well!)

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?InputFrom=Amersham&FromId=1000006&InputTo=Wembley+Park+Underground+Station&ToId=1000257&Date=20220521&Time=1200

• @Glenactico Trains from Amersham to London are always loads cheaper than going from HW - providing you use contactless. If you buy an actual ticket you get ripped off for Chiltern Rail prices.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Twizz said:

Not the brightest idea

Inflammatory

• @LX1 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Twizz said:

Not the brightest idea

Inflammatory

Yeah, but can you shed any light on the situation?

• 22,473 tickets sold. 15,582 in lower tier (only 11 tickets unsold). 2,287 in middle tier (6 tickets unsold from blocks available). 4,604 in upper tier

• @Quarterman said:
    22,473 tickets sold. 15,582 in lower tier (only 11 tickets unsold). 2,287 in middle tier (6 tickets unsold from blocks available). 4,604 in upper tier

Incredible effort. Would be brilliant if we can sneak towards 25k, but what a turn out this is.

• I think we’ll do it. Remarkable.

• @Twizz said:

Not quite, the road that goes from the stadium station up to the torch is mainly Wycombe pubs, since the development round that way the Sunderland fans will be underneath down Wembley way or further round, tbh separate pubs kind of makes sense if people want to sing their songs but people should be able to walk down the street without issues

• Have we got a "display" of quarters or anything planned for when the team run out? Will never forget pictures of the Holte End in a sea of blue.

I know that Sunderland have plotted something in the lower tier.

• Thousands of large light and dark blue sheets of paper were left on seats at Villa Park. It certainly made for an impressive display. Brilliant performance against greater odds than this Saturday.

• @micra said:
    Thousands of large light and dark blue sheets of paper were left on seats at Villa Park. It certainly made for an impressive display. Brilliant performance against greater odds than this Saturday.

Can we recreate it? Short notice I know!

• It was done for Southend too but the weird way fans were spread out meant it didn't really work, would love to see something like that but getting late now

• edited May 2022

Wembley / the EFL will probably provide them, pretty sure they did in 2015

• The club and volunteers will be making this happen this week. Hoping that the preparation will be on WanderersTV on Friday.

• edited May 2022

Just to confirm, Amersham tube straight to wembley Park, they're on the same line, I go that way often for work, and a lot cheaper than chiltern line from Wycombe

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Anyone else had issued with cancelled tickets on the ticket website? Went in to my account today and found my transaction for 6 tickets has been cancelled. Can’t access the tickets on that transaction but have the same seats active in my account but under different references and at a cheaper price. Not seen any form of refund or communication.

Emailed the club but wondered if anyone else had seen this. I’ve distributed the original tickets but now wonder if they are valid and if the new one are too? Funny the price dropped too.

Common reasons for cancellation

(i) High risk postcode (SR1, SR4, SR5, SR6, NE36, NE37) or links to area, e.g. unclaimed lost property (scarf, half-and-half or otherwise) at Newcastle airport

(ii) Criticism of club friend Alan Swann on social media/online forums

(iii) Counterfeit ink detected when printing tickets in full-colour

• FmGFmG
    edited May 2022

EDIT - Sorry hadn't realised I was a page behind and this has already been said.

TfL website has direct trains from Amersham to Wembley Park on the Met line at 11:50, 12:20, 12:50, etc.

Or can get Chiltern Line from Amersham to Harrow and then change to Met line to Wembley Park, trains leaving 08 and 38 past the hour.

That is how I'm planning on getting there so hoping it is right! TfL website likely to be most up to date

• edited May 2022

@FmG No Chiltern line from Amersham on Saturday - Aylesbury Vale Parkway to Marylebone not running as they needed the trains for the Wycombe route

• Apparently no Sunderland fans have received their tickets yet

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @FmG No Chiltern line from Amersham on Saturday - Aylesbury Vale Parkway to Marylebone not running as they needed the trains for the Wycombe route

Interesting, they are showing on the TfL website. I hope that doesn't mean the Met line info is wrong too. Guessing they should be more accurate on the Tube rather than overground.

• @Quarterman said:
    22,473 tickets sold. 15,582 in lower tier (only 11 tickets unsold). 2,287 in middle tier (6 tickets unsold from blocks available). 4,604 in upper tier

Out of interest, how are you figuring this out with such accuracy?

• edited May 2022

@FmG said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Interesting, they are showing on the TfL website. I hope that doesn't mean the Met line info is wrong too. Guessing they should be more accurate on the Tube rather than overground.

Yeah, the Met won't be affected.

From Chiltern Railways:

"Please note: In order to provide extra resource for Wembley traffic, no trains will operate on the route Aylesbury Vale Parkway - Marylebone for the entire day. Rail replacement buses will operate over the following route section, connecting with trains to/from Marylebone at Beaconsfield:

Aylesbury Vale Parkway - Aylesbury - Stoke Mandeville - Wendover - Great Missenden - Amersham - Beaconsfield."

• @Genactico Counting seats sold on the website in all blocks released, yes I’m that sad! (not including unavailable/black seats). Only needed to do this once and take note of the remaining seats available at that time. Then just count the changes after that.

• edited May 2022

Bottom two tiers sold out bar five seats, amazing!