Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• @micra said:

@Kim_il_Swan said:
    A simple thumb prick should sort out the ticketing. If a person bleeds light and dark blue then they can buy tickets….,,,

……..or pop along to their GP surgery.

Thumb-prick is a very serious condition.

• Well we are sold out. The club are asking for more, but it sounds like the EFL would rather have empty seats than have more fans in the ground.

• edited May 2022

Gonna be a lot of these, I suspect. You've got to be pretty thick to buy tickets in the wrong end in the first place, never mind announce it on social media.

• This is perhaps the one major drawback to digital tickets - with physical you can at least make people go to the ground to pick up

• 19,224 sold if my maths is right. For all the talk I’d be surprised if there were more than a handful of Sunderland fans in there. 20-22k is about what I’d have expected us to take, regardless of the opposition.

43,960 Sunderland sold. Have read they have bought a lot of club Wembley seats too although no idea on the actual numbers. I really can’t see why Sunderland can’t be given around to block 517 (as no Wycombe fans in the mid section below this), not sure how many more this would give them but it would be a shame if any fans who want tickets can’t get the

• I hope the club are all over the potential ‘day tripper’ market in and around town for the next few days - Wycombe Sound, leafleting at the stations, flyers on windscreens at all the supermarket car parks, contacting all the schools and sports clubs, gyms etc to get it announced. Such an opportunity to tempt new fans not to be missed. The volunteers could be out doing this. Would be myself but don’t live in Bucks.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Gonna be a lot of these, I suspect. You've got to be pretty thick to buy tickets in the wrong end in the first place, never mind announce it on social media.

Why? If it was Wycombe I would do anything to get a ticket. And do you really think Wycombe have a social media team tracking who's said they'll buy in the other end, it's brazen, but highly unlikely to make much difference if they've actually got hold of tickets. What it has done is bring in more restrictions.

I was in the home end at Filbert Street and Northampton when we were promoted, not really a problem if you can behave yourself

• That's quite a big 'if' though

• One impediment to people going to a match like this will be concerns about personal safety. These may be exaggerated, but knowing that you are in an end supporting the one team is more reassuring than an end that has been infiltrated. I'm sure that I'd be happy to share a row with many Sunderland supporters and unhappy with some Wycombe fans, but for others its the perception that matters.

• So long as if they do play up they're immediately turfed out I don't really see the problem

• I wouldn't count on that at Wembley unless they've overhauled their security/stewarding operation

• @Username - as I say we are trying to attract new people, they probably have different assumptions about football, and that includes stewarding/security.

• @Safc_in_peace said:
    Well we are sold out. The club are asking for more, but it sounds like the EFL would rather have empty seats than have more fans in the ground.

Maybe they are just more bothered about having Sunderland fans in blocks directly above Wycombe fans. I'd say that would be a safety concern.

After some fair and honest early posts you are now sounding like you'd rather not have Wycombe there at all. I think we deserve more than that and should be petioning for more tickets ourselves

• If Wycombe follow through with their latest Phase 3 plan, I don't see how Sunderland fans (except perhaps a few locally based one) will be able to qualify to get Wycombe tickets.

• Hard not to be a little suspicious of any 'local' fans turning up at AP to buy tickets because they supposedly just fancy a day out ... then shelling out for the 80 quid ones

• 20,928 sold

• @Quarterman said:
    20,928 sold

Just 22 tickets left in the lower tier, it'll be a sea of light and dark blue.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    @NoelWWFC in ten words or less for each compare and contrast Carlos Lopez and Sergio Torres as Wanderers.

Does Sergio still sleep in the boardroom?

• It was very difficult to get into the ticket office queueing system but got there in the end and then a very long wait of almost an hour to talk to anyone but with useful updates of where we were in the queue which at least reassured that we were moving. When talking to human, the staff were very professional, helpful and friendly. So I now proudly own a ticket - in a more expensive area of the ground than ideally I wanted (category 2) but only £10 more than (category 4) and when you factor in petrol for a 500 mile round trip at £1.80 a litre, probably not material. Rather looking forward to the day now.

Big thanks to all of you who offered to help. It is much appreciated.

Dev

• Pleased for you DevC. Also live in Devon (North), sat on phone line since early morning, continually engaged, then answered with a message promising a call back; still waiting. We live in hope.

• @DevC I always had you down as a ‘senior’? These concessions are half the price of a full price ticket, gutted I’ve missed out by seven moths - feels a bit like the ever receding pension age!

• I also had to wait for Phase 3. I emailed the ticket office on Friday, got a helpful response from Ben yesterday. Logged into the ticket system at 8.30 this morning and got a ticket immediately. It looks like the club association check kicked in after the Phase 3 started.

In the end I decided to not bother driving up, and to do it by train. I got a cheap deal on trains to and from Waterloo, and can get the tube to and from Wembley Central, with enough time to eat before heading back.

• @perfidious_albion.

I wasn't aware that they issued senior tickets on the basis of the size of your flock of moths. I think I've got more than enough, and would have been happy to loan you some.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Safc_in_peace said:
    Well we are sold out. The club are asking for more, but it sounds like the EFL would rather have empty seats than have more fans in the ground.

Maybe they are just more bothered about having Sunderland fans in blocks directly above Wycombe fans. I'd say that would be a safety concern.

After some fair and honest early posts you are now sounding like you'd rather not have Wycombe there at all. I think we deserve more than that and should be petioning for more tickets ourselves

That was never my intention, all I want is to have every fan who wants to be in the ground, in the ground, that includes Wycombe fans. What is silly is having thousands in London without tickets and 15k empty seats n the ground.

On the issue of safety, a lot of grounds have the away fans in the top tier, above home fans and it doesn’t cause problems. If they are concerned about it they could not sell the first five or six rows in the upper tier.

My only point is football fans of any club who get to Wembley should be able to buy a ticket if there are empty seats.

If I have upset you I am sorry, never my intention.

I think 5k more for Sunderland would probably sort it. Still leaving an extra 10k to add to your allocation if you sell all of your tickets.

• We're already into our enlarged 28k allocation @Safc_in_peace

From what I've heard we've done around 21 now, expect we'll end up around 24-25, so not too far from full- will be the seats in the gods and the expensive seats left I expect

So with our 28k allocation, your 44k and some extra segregation requirements, that's pretty much the entire non corporate Wembley spoken for.

• @bluenotes said:
    @perfidious_albion.

I wasn't aware that they issued senior tickets on the basis of the size of your flock of moths. I think I've got more than enough, and would have been happy to loan you some.

Apparently a group of moths is called an eclipse. Always learning on here.

• @Username said:
    We're already into our enlarged 28k allocation @Safc_in_peace

From what I've heard we've done around 21 now, expect we'll end up around 24-25, so not too far from full- will be the seats in the gods and the expensive seats left I expect

So with our 28k allocation, your 44k and some extra segregation requirements, that's pretty much the entire non corporate Wembley spoken for.

Capacity is 90k, 28 plus 44 is 72k corporate tickets are at the most 10k, so even on that basis there are still 8k empty seats.

Empty seats while you have fans without tickets is just wrong.

• edited May 2022

What would those 'fans without tickets' do if Sunderland were playing a club with more supporters than Wycombe? It's a neutral ground and you've got almost half of the capacity (which is more than you were initially going to get). That's fair.

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Username said:
    We're already into our enlarged 28k allocation @Safc_in_peace

Capacity is 90k, 28 plus 44 is 72k corporate tickets are at the most 10k, so even on that basis there are still 8k empty seats.

Empty seats while you have fans without tickets is just wrong.

The number of corporate tickets is nonsense, everyone is agreed on that. I've heard it's around 15k for Wembley games as standard, no idea how true that is but wouldn't surprise me.

There'll be a good few thousand seats lost to segregation netting as well

The anger by some mackems towards Wycombe over this is at best misplaced, just makes some look thick as shit after we've given more tickets already.

Any anger should be directed at the fa and corp tickets

• I can’t believe how Winkleman you are about this @ReturnToSenda