Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• @NorthDevonBlue said:
    I wish the club would consider those supporters who, because of distance and other reasons, are unable to make home league games; that they shouldnt have to wait for the Monday lottery to be in with any chance of purchasing 3 tickets.

You can make it to this one alright though ;)

Short of some sort of "credits" system or something going over many years, to reward perhaps previous mad attendance and then being exiled, they simply have to do it on the last season's attendance really.

• There won't be a lottery anyway - we're not that huge yet!

• @NorthDevonBlue said:
    I wish the club would consider those supporters who, because of distance and other reasons, are unable to make home league games; that they shouldnt have to wait for the Monday lottery to be in with any chance of purchasing 3 tickets.

Very frustrating for you but surely anyone who does not come to home games should be last in the pecking order?

We can take as many as 28000 tickets, currently we have sold 16000. My guess is you will have your pick of around 8000 seats on Monday in all parts of the stadium and at all price levels.

• I am in the same boat, due to distance etc find it very difficult to attend games, but have watched every game this season via wwtv/ifollow, plus am a trust member so was surprised I was tier 3 - thankfully only want 1 ticket so reasonably confident I will not be disappointed

• @NorthDevonBlue said:

How do those supporters distinguish themselves from Sunderland fans?

You can buy away tickets through wycombe as well, so the vast majority of fans will be registered

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    I am in the same boat, due to distance etc find it very difficult to attend games, but have watched every game this season via wwtv/ifollow, plus am a trust member so was surprised I was tier 3 - thankfully only want 1 ticket so reasonably confident I will not be disappointed

I’d not really considered this but it would be sensible to include supporters with a history of purchasing ifollow/wwtv in the second phase.

Have you tried emailing/calling the ticket office to ask if they will grant your ticket account access on that basis? I’m sure they would use common sense and let you buy a ticket now.

• We can sell up to 28000 tickets. No one has anything to worry about.

• Seems like we have sold more already than for the Southend game, and with a week of sales still to go... If we average sales of just over 1000 for the remaining days, we'll come in at about 25,000 which, in Devspeak, "feels about right".

• @Glenactico said:

@Erroll_Sims said:
    I am in the same boat, due to distance etc find it very difficult to attend games, but have watched every game this season via wwtv/ifollow, plus am a trust member so was surprised I was tier 3 - thankfully only want 1 ticket so reasonably confident I will not be disappointed

I’d not really considered this but it would be sensible to include supporters with a history of purchasing ifollow/wwtv in the second phase.

Have you tried emailing/calling the ticket office to ask if they will grant your ticket account access on that basis? I’m sure they would use common sense and let you buy a ticket now.

Good suggestion! Subscribers should be in this phase

• It wouldn't be a final at Wembley without a few tales of woe from supporters who don't attend very often.

I was about to say 'what can the club do really'? But proof of Streaming Pass purchases / WanderersTV membership would be a good way of differentiating those who are more engaged that the big time game attendees.

I'd say that was well worth a suggestion if it was possible to maybe open up sales to those people before Monday. But then the club will be accused of moving the goalposts against 'loyal supporters' who've somehow:

a) not bought a ticket all season or;
    b) streamed a match all season or;
    c) subscribed to WanderersTV

Everyone's going to get in anyway - absolutely no worries, so just chill out and enjoy the weekend.

• @arnos_grove said:
    It wouldn't be a final at Wembley without a few tales of woe from supporters who don't attend very often.

I was about to say 'what can the club do really'? But proof of Streaming Pass purchases / WanderersTV membership would be a good way of differentiating those who are more engaged that the big time game attendees.

I'd say that was well worth a suggestion if it was possible to maybe open up sales to those people before Monday. But then the club will be accused of moving the goalposts against 'loyal supporters' who've somehow:

a) not bought a ticket all season or;
    b) streamed a match all season or;
    c) subscribed to WanderersTV

Everyone's going to get in anyway - absolutely no worries, so just chill out and enjoy the weekend.

I genuinely don't think anyone could complain if that was implemented. Are you actually a fan if you've not done a single one of those? Even with the big games we've had this season to not even stream one. If you're abroad the matches are even cheaper I think

• If anything this whole thread shows how far we have come since Southend

• @Erroll_Sims said:

Any trust member (provided not a recent one) should never be in tier 3. Hopefully Alan C will raise this for future occasions.

• I'm definitely going to suggest the streaming / WanderersTV as some sort of a priority category over general sale. It clearly demonstrates engagement.

Probably too late for this one, but there's always things to learn.

I think the end game of the new website is to have ticketing / streaming / WanderersTV all under one log in, so when that happens it may be easier for the club to do.

• @mooneyman said:
    Any trust member (provided not a recent one) should never be in tier 3. Hopefully Alan C will raise this for future occasions.

You're right of course, but playing Devil's advocate, there won't be a flag to identify trust membership in the ticketing system so it would be relatively difficult for the club to match up the data to ticketing accounts (where they even exist). Just another admin burden for ticket office staff who are no doubt already rushed off their feet.

• @wwfcrob said:
    If anything this whole thread shows how far we have come since Southend

Especially if you compare how they have been run in the intervening period compared to us.

• Think it’s already been mentioned but I’m very impressed we’ve been able to sell so many tickets online ourselves rather than having to rely on ticketmaster etc. Presumably to the club’s financial benefit too.

• Yeah, Sunderland are selling through Ticketmaster

• edited May 2022
  • Everyone's favourite drummer is behind it.

A few people on fb pointed out the maximum flag size at Wembley is ever so slightly smaller than that, but maybe that's just for personal use?
    Rather than one blocking a whole tier out :D

• That's a great shout to be fair. I'd like to think that any money left over could be used to make one for Adams Park too, or even better, donated to Ukraine. Good work Tom.

• Have they actually published the timetable yet? I’ll be coming in from Oxford so wondering if there are extra trains that far up the line?

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Have they actually published the timetable yet? I’ll be coming in from Oxford so wondering if there are extra trains that far up the line?

Looks like it might not be published til 19th

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    No trains at all from Aylesbury, not going down well

The entire line shut down, not good at all.

"Please note: In order to provide extra resource for Wembley traffic, no trains will operate on the route Aylesbury Vale Parkway - Marylebone for the entire day. Rail replacement buses will operate over the following route section, connecting with trains to/from Marylebone at Beaconsfield:

Aylesbury Vale Parkway - Aylesbury - Stoke Mandeville - Wendover - Great Missenden - Amersham - Beaconsfield."

• Having re-read it, I think they just mean the route via Amersham and you can still get to Wembley Stadium from Aylesbury via HW?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Having re-read it, I think they just mean the route via Amersham and you can still get to Wembley Stadium from Aylesbury via HW?

Not sure if any trains are running from Aylesbury, not even to HW, it's not clear.

• It's the Amersham route that has the buses, that way they can more trains on the route to Wembley, including from Aylesbury.

• Loving the fact that La Media Inglesa SOLD OUT their allocation of 200, and need more tickets!! Superb effort, amigos!

Need to know which pub they will be in, gonna be a cracking pre-match atmosphere with the scarf twirling n all...