Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• @Onlooker said:
    Must be printed in full colour according to the instructions. Hopefully the QR code will work just fine and justify the £2 booking fee per ticket

It's not full colour surely?
    The advice read print this in a4 landscape.

• Surely you don't need to print it? Just stick your phone in the scanner?

• The ticket office emailed me back, phone QR code works fine.

If you have multiple tickets on one account they recommend printing to speed up entry.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Surely you don't need to print it? Just stick your phone in the scanner?

Even I've managed to get the QR code to read directly from my phone at Wembley for England games. So, yeah no need to print it.

• Hopefully we'll sell plenty of tickets in the next few days otherwise, having been one of the few to buy a ticket on the South side of the ground today, I'll either have a wide choice of where to sit or will have to sit on my hands if we score.

• @Malone said:

@Onlooker said:
    Must be printed in full colour according to the instructions. Hopefully the QR code will work just fine and justify the £2 booking fee per ticket

Quite right, apologies I misread in all the excitement of securing my seat. Great news the QR alone will scan and in my iPhone wallet now.

• @Onlooker said:

The advice read print this in a4 landscape.> @Onlooker said:

@Malone said:

@Onlooker said:

Quite right, apologies I misread in all the excitement of securing my seat. Great news the QR alone will scan and in my iPhone wallet now.

Thank goodness for that....printed mine black and white and made me check!!

• Sorry once again

• @Onlooker said:

I didn't select the £2 option to have the mobile ticket. Stupidly I assumed I would instead get a proper ticket as a memento.
    I still got the mobile ticket, just didn't need to pay for it.

• Well that took 20 mins to sell out the Sunderland allocation in phase 2. If the EFL have any sense they will have to open up the empty blocks. If not expect a large increase in your membership.

• edited May 2022

There would be no complaints from Sunderland fans if they were playing a bigger club; they're just trying to take advantage of playing a small one with a significantly smaller fan base than their own.

• Is this a "good" amount of tickets to have sold at this stage? Do we expect an influx today / Monday during phases 2 and 3, or have most casual fans been able to benefit from STH friends already?

• @Brownie said:

Is this a "good" amount of tickets to have sold at this stage? Do we expect an influx today / Monday during phases 2 and 3, or have most casual fans been able to benefit from STH friends already?

I was thinking it seemed low as the bulk of tickets would be sold in phase 1?

• I think sales will rocket today

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    There would be no complaints from Sunderland fans if they were playing a bigger club; they're just trying to take advantage of a small club with a significantly smaller fan base than their own.

We just want to be there. I remember in 1973, yes I am that old, Leeds sold their tickets first come first served. Sunderland fans organised coaches to travel down the day before and an estimated 2k slept over night in the queue to buy tickets. It was estimated that 25% of the Leeds tickets were sold to Sunderland fans that year.

So it’s not just with clubs with a smaller fan base, that is not a slight against you, it just when we get the ticket mania going we get tickets from wherever we can.

Yet in the last play off against Charlton we didn’t sell out. There is a different feel this time. But being Sunderland it just means we will fall from a higher place!

• Would be interesting to compare sales to those from the Southend final after phase? I think it seems pretty decent, I'd hope we'd see a surge today. Without really needing to rush to buy tickets, I'm sure plenty have waited for seats to become available in the more desirable blocks.

• @Safc_in_peace Everyone will be aware that your fans will be eligible to buy tickets in our end when our third phase opens next week. I think therefore its absolutely certain you'll be allocated more tickets in the coming days.

• They will have to give them more tickets for safety reasons

• @eric_plant said:
    I think sales will rocket today

I think you're right. I've been to 15 games this season, but no season ticket so no phase one. And I'm bringing 3 others with me who've only been to one game this season each. There'll be plenty of fans in similar situations to me who haven't been able to piggyback on season ticket holders.

And just to add to this, I'm number 1371 in the queue. A lot of tickets about to be sold.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    @Safc_in_peace Everyone will be aware that your fans will be eligible to buy tickets in our end when our third phase opens next week. I think therefore its absolutely certain you'll be allocated more tickets in the coming days.

That’s is what we are hoping for. The EFL need to get it sorted before Monday, if not there will be a lot of Sunder fans buy in your phase 3.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Would be interesting to compare sales to those from the Southend final after phase?

Quick search on Twitter suggests:
    Tickets went on sale 15/5
    Sold 7,500 by 17/5
    Sold 11,500 by 18/5
    Sold 14,500 by 21/5

• People know that they're going on general sale at there's much less rush for casual fans of Wycombe.

The club said they expected today to be the biggest day, no reason to doubt them. Selling over 6000 when only under 3000 are eligible is about right, remember there'll be a number of ST holders who either can't go, or didn't buy any extra tickets.

Around ~50% more interest than Southend from personal experience, where it was pretty much only regulars, semi regulars and lapsed fans- this time there's plenty of day trippers, some who have only watched us on TV or one or two games but want to see us play Sunderland at a near enough full Wembley. They know it'll make general sale

• @HomerLone said:

@Onlooker said:

I didn't select the £2 option to have the mobile ticket. Stupidly I assumed I would instead get a proper ticket as a memento.
    I still got the mobile ticket, just didn't need to pay for it.

Hang on, i thought £2 was a booking fee for a ticket, not to have it on the mobile?
    Would be annoyed as always planned the print out option.

• If our ticket sales stall out just north of 20,000 then I fully expect Sunderland to be given a few thousand extra.

And to be honest they should be, I can't believe anyone is advocating for keeping fans away from the game after the last couple of years.

• edited May 2022

@floyd said:
    If our ticket sales stall out just north of 20,000 then I fully expect Sunderland to be given a few thousand extra.

And to be honest they should be, I can't believe anyone is advocating for keeping fans away from the game after the last couple of years.

No, they're advocating for turning it into even more of an 'away' game than it already is. But they will have to give them a few thousand extra to avoid the risk of ugly scenes in the home end.

• Why are blocks 501, 502 and 503 coloured dark blue, what does that mean? The seats are mainly Cat 6 here, is that restricted view or something?

• @floyd said:
    If our ticket sales stall out just north of 20,000 then I fully expect Sunderland to be given a few thousand extra.

Completely agree. If you put yourself in their shoes (which you should do), it would be absolutely ludicrous for us to deny them extra tickets, especially as we get equal proportional revenue split. Imagine if you've been to 20+ Sunderland games this season and can't even get a ticket for the final - then you see 20k empty seats. You'd be raging.

• @barneysmith said:
    Why are blocks 501, 502 and 503 coloured dark blue, what does that mean? The seats are mainly Cat 6 here, is that restricted view or something?

better availability - ie free seats

When will 216 and 217 open up? anyone know?

• @barneysmith said:
    Why are blocks 501, 502 and 503 coloured dark blue, what does that mean? The seats are mainly Cat 6 here, is that restricted view or something?

Dark blue means there there are plenty of tickets available. Not a restricted view, but definitely up in the gods! This site that @ReturnToSenda posted shows the view from every area. https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/wembley-stadium/