Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• @arnos_grove said:

@barneysmith said:
    Why are blocks 501, 502 and 503 coloured dark blue, what does that mean? The seats are mainly Cat 6 here, is that restricted view or something?

Dark blue means there there are plenty of tickets available. Not a restricted view, but definitely up in the gods! This site that @ReturnToSenda posted shows the view from every area. https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/wembley-stadium/

Thanks chaps.

• I'd hope 'new' Wembley doesn't have any restricted views seats!

• To be fair, that's a decent view of the pitch for £30/£15 up in block 501. Atmosphere might be a bit lacking but a decent 'budget' option.

• I've had tickets on all tiers at the new Wembley - the view is excellent from wherever you are sitting

• Not strictly true, down the side in the lower level the back two rows of seats are under the lip of the middle level so any ball 10 ft in the air disappears from view, lucky we play it like Brazil on the floor then!

• We never got to the stage of opening up the upper tiers for the Southend game, so clearly sales are ahead this time...

• Definitely good to see some upper tier tickets on sale, especially for those put off by the cat 1 and 2 prices. Seats near the front of upper tier very good value

• Massive turn-out, I reckon.

• Thanks to Peter in the ticket office - I thought I would be eligible to purchase today, but wasn't. Sent off an email and he got it sorted within minutes. Tickets done, flights booked, see you all at Wembley!

• There'll be no one left on the Iberian peninsula next weekend!

• Based on a glance at the ticketing system there appears to be around 2-2,500 left in the lower tier. You’d expect those to go over the weekend. Lower tier capacity is circa 35,000 so once our half is full, (minus the 1,500 or so corporate/officials block on halfway) I’d guess that would give us around 16-17,000 in the lower tier. Plus the 2/3 blocks in tier 2 that have all sold and a decent chunk of those now available in tier 5 gone as well. My guess is we’ll end up with around 20-22 thousand.

• That would be very solid

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@floyd said:
    If our ticket sales stall out just north of 20,000 then I fully expect Sunderland to be given a few thousand extra.

And to be honest they should be, I can't believe anyone is advocating for keeping fans away from the game after the last couple of years.

No, they're advocating for turning it into even more of an 'away' game than it already is. But they will have to give them a few thousand extra to avoid the risk of ugly scenes in the home end.

I was wondering how this might pan out.

On the understanding that all of our most "passionate" fans will either be season ticket holders, bequeathers, or mates of either, they'll surely have tickets in Window 1, or at latest Window 2 for whatever that involves with ticket history types etc.

Surely general sale will be a lot of once a season merchants, casuals etc, so if Sunderland are in with them, probably less of an issue?

• Seems slightly weird they’ve released tier 5 blocks (501-503) on half way to us . That prevents Sunderland being given additional tickets that ‘encroach’ beyond halfway on the North side. You’d imagine they will be granted some additional blocks tier 5 south when ours go on general sale on Monday.

• @Glenactico said:
    Seems slightly weird they’ve released tier 5 blocks (501-503) on half way to us . That prevents Sunderland being given additional tickets that ‘encroach’ beyond halfway on the North side. You’d imagine they will be granted some additional blocks tier 5 south when ours go on general sale on Monday.

Yes, I was thinking this. We're already buying lower tier tickets on the South side as well though, and second tier tickets up to the halfway line are set to become available later today, again making it difficult to imagine they will extend Sunderland's allocation beyond half way in tier 5 that side either...

• 14,000+ in 2 1/2 days is pretty decent.

Being 30mins from Wembley and the way we're on the up should obviously get a great uptake, but it's great to see it pushing through.

• @wandering_jock said:

@barneysmith said:
    Why are blocks 501, 502 and 503 coloured dark blue, what does that mean? The seats are mainly Cat 6 here, is that restricted view or something?

better availability - ie free seats

When will 216 and 217 open up? anyone know?

No, but I'd expect it to be pretty soon looking at how and where sales are going...

• It appears that we are been allocated an extra 11,500 tickets, which would take us to 50k. I think that should stop any panic buying in your end. We will do well to sell all 50k.

• @Safc_in_peace said:
    It appears that we are been allocated an extra 11,500 tickets, which would take us to 50k. I think that should stop any panic buying in your end. We will do well to sell all 50k.

Should make for a cracking atmosphere. Plenty of Sunderland and a decent wedge of Wycombe. We'll just have to punch above our weight - plenty of experience doing that.

• Closing in on 15k

• So if Sunderland sell 50k, and Wycombe there allocation of 28k, not much room for the corporate and prawn sandwich brigade, it will be a real sea of colour.

• Wouldn't it be amazing? A sea of red and a sea of blue

• @Safc_in_peace said:
    It appears that we are been allocated an extra 11,500 tickets, which would take us to 50k. I think that should stop any panic buying in your end. We will do well to sell all 50k.

You need to remember that ours have only just opened up to the wider fan base. We have around 3000 season ticket holders and up to this morning they were the only people who could buy them.

The sales will spike significantly from this point onwards.

It needs to be given a few days selling to our full fan base before any decisions can be accurately made around re-distributing to Sunderland.

• Sunderland given an extra 11500 tickets, taking them to 48980.

They have been given a few blocks in the South stand in the Top Tier, being 522-527, these are above our blocks in the lower tier, numbered 118-123.

Very unlikely they will get anymore, especially as they wont sell all the tickets now available

• How have they been allowed to have blocks above ours? Weren't there some spare along the bottom tier?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    How have they been allowed to have blocks above ours? Weren't there some spare along the bottom tier?

They will keep blocks 221-226 empty in the middle tier. Thus allowing a big enough gap between supporters

• edited May 2022

I meant more in terms of their being on the top tier above us drowning out the atmosphere we create

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I meant more in terms of their being on the top tier above us drowning out the atmosphere we create

If it is blocks 522-527 then that is along the side of the pitch - would have no impact on the sections behind the goal where the majority of STHs will be holed up. Personally no concerns about this. Let them have as many tickets as they want. It'll make it even funnier when we win 1-0.

• @Brownie said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

If it is blocks 522-527 then that is along the side of the pitch - would have no impact on the sections behind the goal where the majority of STHs will be holed up. Personally no concerns about this. Let them have as many tickets as they want. It'll make it even funnier when we win 1-0.

*when we win on pens ?