Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

Comments

• Taking off both Horgan and Anis seems nuts

• Painful ?

• I hereby offer my MOTM vote to anyone with the temerity to score.

• Vokes has been dreadful

• The Fleetwood kids have been so impressive, they will be a really dangerous side next season if they can keep them together.

• To be fair to Vokes the service has been crap

• Yes Jase!

• GET INNNNNNN

• Glad we scored, but to be honest VAR would have disallowed it as it came of Vokes hand.

• @Shev said:
    I hereby offer my MOTM vote to anyone with the temerity to score.

Too much of a prize to resist, I guess!

• Some people's patience wasn't working

• Never in doubt

• Up the goddamn Wyc!!!!

• Great assist from ‘scuffling’ Jack Young.

• I was never worried. Come on!

• A foul and a handball from Vokes. Thank fuck but really unfair on Fleetwood.

• Bloody hell! Poor old @Wanderers82 must have thought he was safe to post at 84 minutes.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Some people's patience wasn't working

I do stand by what I said, we were very very lucky to win that, and need to be much better to have a chance of going up

• I think it was a foul on the keeper by Vokes before his hand ball, but I will take the win, after the referee gave away so many scrappy fouls, but misses the obvious.

• Good god that was a painful experience... for 93 minutes

• Have we ever had a player with a lower centre of gravity?

• Couple of strong contenders for the most miserable way to celebrate a 90th minute winner award on here.

• That win leaves us with a nice gap between us and Ipswich, and just three points behind Oxford in 4th. I suspect the play off picture may look a lot different at 5pm on Saturday.

• Very important points but not good for the nerves. We should know by now its not over until it's over. And we finished before at least four other games being played by time wasters!

• Scrappy but could be really important points, one point off the playoffs with lots of points up for grabs, yeah we've got to get better but a big reminder to keep going until the whistle.

• Great great win.

Looked like a foul on their keeper, was late to celebrate as thought the whistle would go.

• Got away with that one I think. But the table could have looked much worse tonight!

Still well in the picture but I think we need to bring back a little more pace up front.

A word on Fleetwood, thought they looked pretty good, their centre half marshalled Vokes brilliantly. I’d be fuming if that goal was given against us, so a little unfair on them, but maybe somewhere a little bit of retribution for some of the decisions that went against us last season.

• @floyd said:
    Couple of strong contenders for the most miserable way to celebrate a 90th minute winner award on here.

Absolutely. At this stage of the season it’s all about winning whatever way you can. We missed at least 4 or 5 clear cut chances and they just packed their final third and hoped to hang on. That’s the most important goal we’ve scored all season.

• I’m so pleased that Jase got the goal. He’s come in for a lot of criticism this season (some justified, I’m sure he would agree) but he’s really taken his chance since winning the shirt back. He’s been impressive the last few games.

• A painful watch tonight, feel very sorry for the young Fleetwood side, but that's a huge win!

I think we've got a bit lucky there, as the goal could easily have been disallowed for a foul on the keeper.

Thought it was strange taking Horgan off, as he was the only player who really showed some guile in trying to break down their defence. Played some lovely passes. Anyway, all worked out in the end! COYB!