Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

Comments

• Why does this remind me of Beth Tweddle doing the splits? I'll get my coat.

• F*** the f******* Couhigs? Why do these northern clubs hate our owners so much?

• Note for @Shev and other stateside wanderers, the UK didn’t ‘spring forward’ this weekend, so todays game, and Saturdays, will kick off an hour later than usual.

• Cheers @floyd!!!

• I'd like to see Hanlan start today over Vokes and we can go even more free flowing than in recent games. Vokes could potentially do with a bit of rest before the big away game at Fratton Park on Saturday.

We best hope Obita is back because the thought of Shayden Morris against JJ down that flank is worrying. Would love to see us sign him as a McCleary understudy.

• Is he the substitute who came on and changed the game in the away fixture?

• @Chris said:
    Is he the substitute who came on and changed the game in the away fixture?

Yeah. I thought he was outstanding. Hasn't played as many minutes as I'd have guessed. He's still quite raw but he's only 19 (20 in a few weeks). A quick Twitter search suggests he's not getting much statistical attention... But he certainly passed the 'eye test' last time out. He's rapid and must certainly be in the top 10% in the league for 'dribbles attempted per 90'. One to keep an eye on tonight for sure - they'll have done their homework and they'll know Obita was ill last game. Could look to exploit JJ as Morris is rapid.

• Even including our recent form, it's the points dropped at Fleetwood that still bother me the most.

• @frequentstander said:

@Chris said:
    Is he the substitute who came on and changed the game in the away fixture?

Yeah. I thought he was outstanding. Hasn't played as many minutes as I'd have guessed. He's still quite raw but he's only 19 (20 in a few weeks). A quick Twitter search suggests he's not getting much statistical attention... But he certainly passed the 'eye test' last time out. He's rapid and must certainly be in the top 10% in the league for 'dribbles attempted per 90'. One to keep an eye on tonight for sure - they'll have done their homework and they'll know Obita was ill last game. Could look to exploit JJ as Morris is rapid.

Well spotted! 4.79 dribbles attempted/90 puts him seventh out of 459 (min. 450 90s)

• Mehmeti not far behind on 4.29/90

• Come on your beautiful blue quarters!

• Coyb!!!!!!

• What's with all th frisking to get in

• Happy with an unchanged side.

• Is “cazoo yeah you can” the worst butchering of the English language ever shat out for an advertising slogan?

• @drcongo said:
    Is “cazoo yeah you can” the worst butchering of the English language ever shat out for an advertising slogan?

Cazoo yeah it is

• Anyone else experiencing stuttering video but perfect sound on Wanderers TV?

• Both ok for me.

• Stewart a bit off the pace early doors.

• Must be my laptop or network then

• Only the second league game I've not watched one way or another this season. The first was the previous Fleetwood game, so bring on the goals!

• Pretty Dozy start

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Only the second league game I've not watched one way or another this season. The first was the previous Fleetwood game, so bring on the goals!

Ah, but can we have a 0-5 prediction to seal the win?

• Scowen’s passing is premier league quality.

• We are certainly off the pace tonight

• Turgid so far, which means an instant classic by the end of the night, hopefully.

• Thankfully we have picked it up a bit in the last 5 minutes

• We looked tired, and Fleetwood have done a good job of pressing us so that we end up with the ball in our own half going backwards.

Hopefully we can find another gear