Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

Comments

• Vokes seems to foul nearly every time he challenges for the ball.

• This "patient" approach isn't working. We had a great break with Anis right there, ends with us passing it around the middle aimlessly, with all of Fleetwood back behind the ball, until Taf just bangs it up in the air and we lose it. Frustrating to watch.

• Really !! Forget that last pass.... Horgan has been our best player tonight !!

• @micra said:
    Vokes seems to foul nearly every time he challenges for the ball.

Too many niggly fouls from everyone today, ref giving a lot away but most of them are needless

• I think Vokes must have run over the ref’s guide dog on the way in.

• edited March 2022

@micra said:
    Vokes seems to foul nearly every time he challenges for the ball.

Rarely seems to get a ball to run on to or in front of him at the moment , always seems to get it fizzed in too quickly at him with people round him

• @micra I suspect the ref was an ex-defender as he isnt giving either set of forwards a thing

• Stewart's passing has been shocking at times

• Stewart a bit lackadaisical with his passing tonight for me. Fleetwood reminiscent of Wycombe when we had a small squad. Stopping us playing and blocking everything .

• @therabbittest said:
    Stewart's passing has been shocking at times

More horribly skewed cross-field balls straight to the oppo? Always his major weakness and the main reason he's never got a big move imo.

• The fucking fouling from us tonight is frustrating ?

• This ref will have a field deal with Bayo when it comes to little fouls

• Everyone else in the top 6 who is playing tonight is now winning. We need one here…

• Lost momentum when we did the subs thought Horgan and Wing had been playing well

• Vokes looked so pissed off when McCarthy took 9 extra touches before trying to cross the ball.

• So. Many. Fouls.

• Not feeling confident here

• How do Fleetwood manage to attack without fouling?

• We have been so wasteful tonight.

• God we are toothless

• Butterfoot there from Taffs.

• Fouls...so many fouls...

• We're so clearly not getting anything from this ref, so why not adapt and stop giving away those niggly ones. How thick are we?

• 4-2. I must be joking!

• Are they Shrewsbury in disguise?

• Gaz will say that the performance was there, and the chances just didn't fall our way, and to believe in the team, but realistically this is a must win game, and this performance just isn't good enough.

• How the fuck did Hanlan miss that

• This has Fleetwood 1-0 written all over it! (Hopefully I’ll look stupid any second now)

• Excuse my language.