Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

Comments

• Admire the intention to pass, but we're much better at pace. Get it forward quickly

• No urgency from either side tonight

• edited March 2022

@Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Only the second league game I've not watched one way or another this season. The first was the previous Fleetwood game, so bring on the goals!

Ah, but can we have a 0-5 prediction to seal the win?

Don't be silly, we're gonna lose at least 6-0

• What a fantastic through ball by Horgan there, rally deserved a goal at the end of it

• Beautiful ball from Anis but Horgan doesnt have his scoring boots on.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Admire the intention to pass, but we're much better at pace. Get it forward quickly

Disagree, the Hollywood balls are getting cut out easily, have them on the run passing round and through them, much better last 5

• Because they've been bad balls. When we zip it quickly, it works. Ponderous passing isn't.

• Is it ponderous or patient? Against Cambridge it was certainly the latter.

• I'd say the former here. Would be sped up if the final ball into the box worked. Scowen is magnificent in the middle though

• I like the way the ref just sprayed his line around the Fleetwood player who was refusing to move.

• I'd have far too much fun with the spray if I were a ref, giving players moustaches and everything

• Wasn't great

• edited March 2022

@HolmerBlue said:
    What's with all th frisking to get in

Apparently they've banned outside crisps

(Actually, do we still sell crisps in the ground?)

• Horgan, McCarthy and Mehmeti all excellent. Confident we’ll get the win here. I’d like Hanlan for McCleary sooner rather than later.

• Should have been more than a minute of added time there, but fairly lacklustre half from us, even if it did improve as the half went on. A few chances that we should have taken. Think we need changes early in the second half if it stays level otherwise the game could fade away

• Got to score after dominating the last 20.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Beautiful ball from Anis but Horgan doesnt have his scoring boots on.

Does he actually own any? Has his everything-but-score boots on firmly though - some great work by him apart from his shooting.

• I think this game is crying out for Hanlan to be introduced. He could terrorise a static defence.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I think this game is crying out for Hanlan to be introduced. He could terrorise a static defence.

Agree would replace GMac for Hanlan at half time

• Nick Freeman described the first half as exciting; I like @Jonny’s description - lacklustre. We’re overcrowding their six yard box. Getting in each other’s way.

• One consolation. We’ll never get anywhere near their injury list (18 players) if we conserve energy like we have tonight.

• @Erroll_Sims said:

@glasshalffull said:
    I think this game is crying out for Hanlan to be introduced. He could terrorise a static defence.

Agree would replace GMac for Hanlan at half time

Must admit after GMac's one on one I did think...if that had been Hanlan...

• I wonder what song the Fleetwood fans sing for Paddy Lane

• That free kick cried out for Wing

• We're so sloppy going forward, the amount of interceptions and poor passes

• @therabbittest said:
    We're so sloppy going forward, the amount of interceptions and poor passes

I will say Horgan has been good

• Come on GA time for a change - need to inject some pace in the game

• Needs a sub, or we'l huff and puff our way to a draw against an awful team in a v. important game

• This is fairly painful, continuously giving the ball away. Crying out for subs