Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Cup 2122

Comments

• The remaining QF match, Chesham Utd v Reading tonight, has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. No rearranged date yet.

We should know the semi-final draw this week.

• edited March 2022

https://www.berks-bucksfa.com/news/2022/mar/03/senior-cup-draw

Ascot Utd v Wycombe Wanderers
    Chesham/Reading v MK

All ties are to be played mid-week and by no later than Monday 11th April 2022.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    https://www.berks-bucksfa.com/news/2022/mar/03/senior-cup-draw

Ascot Utd v Wycombe Wanderers
    Chesham/Reading v MK

All ties are to be played mid-week and by no later than Monday 11th April 2022.

Superb draw for Ascot and Wycombe. Hopefully played before I go on holiday on April 8th.

• Are they as big a club as Long Crendon?

• Hopefully we'll be fastest out of the traps

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Hopefully we'll be fastest out of the traps

Are we any good over the jumps though!

• @micra said:
    Are they as big a club as Long Crendon?

They are Level 9, same as Flackwell but different League

• Oh, nooooo. Punters under starter’s orders. Tipster’s nightmare. Well, a ‘mare, anyway.

• The Yellamen are step 5, one higher than Long Crendon, and are currently third in the Combined Counties Premier Division North. They have won their last nine games in all competitions.

The ground is situated inside Ascot Racecourse and has a stated capacity of 1150.

• @mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Hopefully we'll be fastest out of the traps

Are we any good over the jumps though!

One of my relatives set up the original jumps in the mid 60’s

• Shame it is midweek as that sounds like an interesting ground to visit. Mehmeti hat-trick?

• The ground is at the very start of the straight mile and the pitch is artificial. The ground is outside the actual race course, it’s only the cricket ground that is within.

It’s about a 10 minute walk to the pubs and restaurants in Ascot High Street

• Tony Horseman and Marcelo Trotta up front for that one. Jocky McSporran just in behind them

• Brilliant @eric_plant .

• @Wendoverman said:
    Shame it is midweek as that sounds like an interesting ground to visit. Mehmeti hat-trick?

Tempted to have a pony on that @Wendoverman ?

• edited March 2022

Can we borrow Darnell Furlong off West Brom for this one?

• /get his dad out of retirement

• @eric_plant said:
    Tony Horseman and Marcelo Trotta up front for that one. Jocky McSporran just in behind them

Superb! Now you’ve ‘saddled’ me with a difficult riposte, let’s hope we whip Ascot and reach the B & B home straight.

• I’m intrigued that you’re able to get the quote and your comments both highlighted @glasshalffull.

• Purely accidental micra, I can assure you.

• Gary Silks to make a return ?

• Hope we don't hoof it on the night.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    Hope we don't hoof it on the night.

...and Taff does not go off the rails again.

• I get the feeling that for some this season, the B&B cup is the mane event.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Steve_Peart said:
    Hope we don't hoof it on the night.

...and Taff does not go off the rails again.

I hope they don't put a little white tent over him and shoot him if he gets injured.

• I see that Ascot's record attendance is 1149, so a sell-out could get us another ground record. I wonder how many tickets we will get, probably not enough. Rummage through those draws to find those away ticket stubs for proof!

That record crowd was for their first ever FA Cup match, in the EP round in 2011, against Wembley who won 2-1. The FA Cup sponsors that year were Budweiser and they picked out the match for special promotion, £1 off a Bud and a free burger. It was also broadcast live on Facebook, attracting 20k+ viewing figures.

• @Aok84 said:
    I do tell Tom to pipe down whenever im with him and try to get him to work with the crowd when he has his drum. I do feel he is an easy target to blame at times. I will do my best to calm him down and have told him many times to think of others around him. I do hope he can improve his behaviour as i feel the drum does help if used correctly. At the end of the day i can only give advise its up to him if he takes it he's 28 and has to think about his actions. He loves wycombe I dont think anyone can question that but sometimes his autism gets the better of him.

He was spot on at Lincoln - definitely livened things up without overdoing it.

• The Chesham/Reading game will take place on Wednesday 9 March.

• Just two more hurdles to go and we can win the cup