Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Cup 2122

Comments

• In danger of straying into online bullying of a guy with special needs.

If there is an issue that needs addressing, report it to the club and trust them to do so appropriately.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    I’m sorry, f’ing and c’ing in a game of that stature at a non league club in a mixed terrace is completely unacceptable.

It’s a world away from the likes of matches with PNL or Franchise.

Yesterday should have been a celebration for Wanderers fans, there’s absolutely no excuse for that type of behaviour.

This !

• xxx

@PBo said:
    In the BFP's defence, sure it's a mistake, but I do think they've been clearly trying to beef up the WW coverage a lot recently.

As they devote a full three pages to their coverage, it seems inconceivable that even more space could be allocated

• I cannot get over how much of a mess their website is. The Wanderers homepage is still leading with coverage of the Bolton game from last month.

• A magnanimous gesture by WW donating their share of the gate to Long Crendon. Hopefully it will aid the upgrade of their ground to meet Spartan League standards. Playing their home games in the village must be a priority, as opposed to playing at Oxford City.

• I think we should be focusing on a modern phenomenon, that on a cold wet Tuesday Feb evening in an ailing county cup competition. That a village team played host to the 2nd string of Buckinghamshire's longstanding and favourite sporting sons on a neutral venue, and close on 2000 people turned up.
    We need to continue to evangelise and spread the gospel about those beautiful boys in light and dark blue.

• Nick Freeman

• I do tell Tom to pipe down whenever im with him and try to get him to work with the crowd when he has his drum. I do feel he is an easy target to blame at times. I will do my best to calm him down and have told him many times to think of others around him. I do hope he can improve his behaviour as i feel the drum does help if used correctly. At the end of the day i can only give advise its up to him if he takes it he's 28 and has to think about his actions. He loves wycombe I dont think anyone can question that but sometimes his autism gets the better of him.

• @Aok84 said:
    I do tell Tom to pipe down whenever im with him and try to get him to work with the crowd when he has his drum. I do feel he is an easy target to blame at times. I will do my best to calm him down and have told him many times to think of others around him. I do hope he can improve his behaviour as i feel the drum does help if used correctly. At the end of the day i can only give advise its up to him if he takes it he's 28 and has to think about his actions. He loves wycombe I dont think anyone can question that but sometimes his autism gets the better of him.

Good on you, you’re a good friend to him.

I don’t want my actions to ever be conceived as bullying, so over and out from me.

• @Aok84 - well done. Hopefully your advice and friendship will help the situation.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I think we should be focusing on a modern phenomenon, that on a cold wet Tuesday Feb evening in an ailing county cup competition. That a village team played host to the 2nd string of Buckinghamshire's longstanding and favourite sporting sons on a neutral venue, and close on 2000 people turned up.
    We need to continue to evangelise and spread the gospel about those beautiful boys in light and dark blue.

It's just a pity we weren't in light and dark blue

• @our_frank said:
    @micra I imagine that they were conscious of Mehmeti's lack of recent minutes in selecting him. In the half he played, he looked more than a class apart (although Young was also excellent) and, while still wearing that heavy strapping, appeared in excellent nick. His movement was great, but his ability to leave defenders for dead with a deft flick or feint took the breath away at times: a privilege to watch.

“Excellent nick” with reference to the fitness of Anis Mirabilis is good to hear. (I always think of Freeman as excellent Nick.) I think some of us enjoy watching Anis so much that we readily forgive him the occasional tendency to get caught in possession as a result of delaying a pass. The skills you describe are exceptional and we want to see him play for at least the majority of the 100 minutes. The recent trend for him to be used increasingly sparingly had faint echoes of the fate of Scott Kashket who, for reasons unknown, was gradually withdrawn from battle, ultimately disappearing completely from the substitute’s bench.

On reflection, I’m confident that the same is not going to happen with Mehmeti. He has a contract until June 2024 and I think his reduced playing time lately is more likely the result of a combination of healthy competition in attacking midfield and a persistent slight injury niggle.

@DevC said:
    What did you mean by "repeating the Kashket situation" by the way. And any one know what has happened to him - doesn't seem to feature for Crewe - injured?

Hope the above response to @our_frank clarifies what I meant. Kashket’s situation at Crewe seems, for whatever reason, to be a continuation of the situation here for at least the second half of the season. He has had very few minutes, I think, and has only scored one goal.

• I dislike the gold and white strip.

• @micra said:
    I dislike the gold and white strip.

I've always thought it was more 'damp beach' than gold

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@micra said:
    I dislike the gold and white strip.

I've always thought it was more 'damp beach' than gold

True. Dull as ditchwater. Not attractive.

• Wishy washy.

• @micra said:

Hope the above response to @our_frank clarifies what I meant. Kashket’s situation at Crewe seems, for whatever reason, to be a continuation of the situation here for at least the second half of the season. He has had very few minutes, I think, and has only scored one goal.

Also similar to Stewart's time at Crewe?

• @mooneyman said:

@micra said:

Also similar to Stewart's time at Crewe?

Very different. Different circumstances. Different characters. Different background leading up to the respective departures. It was obvious in Stewart’s case that GA was very keen to bury the hatchet and welcome him back.

• They are similar in so far as both were/are rarely selected by Crewe @micra

• As a change kit I’d love to see chocolate & pink quarters or halves - as a nod to Corinthian Casuals. I’m sure it would sell very well too as long as they got the colours right.

• @micra, I know a Crewe fan so weeks ago asked where on earth Kashket has disappeared to. It seems to be a huge mystery and even in a recent fan's forum, he apparently wasn't even mentioned.

He had a couple of length absences for us, one injury, one personal. Can only hope it's neither of those, but what's the alternative? He's so poor he can't get into a really poor team's 18 at all, for months? Doesn't seem likely.

• edited February 2022

@Aok84 said:
    I do tell Tom to pipe down whenever im with him and try to get him to work with the crowd when he has his drum. I do feel he is an easy target to blame at times. I will do my best to calm him down and have told him many times to think of others around him. I do hope he can improve his behaviour as i feel the drum does help if used correctly. At the end of the day i can only give advise its up to him if he takes it he's 28 and has to think about his actions. He loves wycombe I dont think anyone can question that but sometimes his autism gets the better of him.

Well done pal and you're spot on, the drum makes him stand out a mile. Chant from the middle of a group and no-one picks him out.

A few years ago we had a certain group who engaged in fairly tawdry behaviour, and made it a bit unpleasant for others around them.
    One caused Andrew Howard to storm over to confront him, and at the "peak" of their actions was the infamous spell of screaming "sing up gasroom" and glaring at everyone in front of them. With a vaguely threatening "come and talk to us" if you didn't like it.

The fact a number of this lot then found themselves moaning about anti social behaviour was just exceptional irony!

• @Malone said:
    @micra, I know a Crewe fan so weeks ago asked where on earth Kashket has disappeared to. It seems to be a huge mystery and even in a recent fan's forum, he apparently wasn't even mentioned.

He had a couple of length absences for us, one injury, one personal. Can only hope it's neither of those, but what's the alternative? He's so poor he can't get into a really poor team's 18 at all, for months? Doesn't seem likely.

Players do fall out of love with the game / decide they don't want to carry on at professional level for whatever reason (see Billy Kee, Marcus Maddison). Someone mentioned on here recently that he seemed very happy in his personal life (hopefully the case), so it could be nothing (although it does seem like a strange situation).

• anyone know who the trialists from the game were ?

• At least two of those trialist photos made me laugh out loud. Very unflattering.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    @micra, I know a Crewe fan so weeks ago asked where on earth Kashket has disappeared to. It seems to be a huge mystery and even in a recent fan's forum, he apparently wasn't even mentioned.

Players do fall out of love with the game / decide they don't want to carry on at professional level for whatever reason (see Billy Kee, Marcus Maddison). Someone mentioned on here recently that he seemed very happy in his personal life (hopefully the case), so it could be nothing (although it does seem like a strange situation).

Welcome insight (on the ex players thread) into the reason for Kashket’s limited appearances. Ankle injury incurred in November.

• Ascot United won their QF tie tonight at Didcot Town by 3-1.

Beaconsfield v MK next Tuesday, Chesham v Reading on Wednesday.

• Beaconsfield Town lost 2-1at home to MK in the QF tonight, HT 0-1.