Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Cup 2122

1141516171820»

Comments

• @micra You mean you've never been rehibilated before?!

• Not knowingly but it could explain a lot!

• @micra I feel F-J and Kaikai will be disappointed you don’t consider them first teamers

• Agreed @micra.

An elderly relative spoke to me about it, reading it in the tone you describe above, saying it was a bit of a disgrace!

Probably didn't help that there looks to have been a mass pitch invasion as if something incredible had happened!

• @micra said:
    Not knowingly but it could explain a lot!

It sounds like something out of Blackadder

• @perfidious_albion said:
    @micra I feel F-J and Kaikai will be disappointed you don’t consider them first teamers

They are members of the first team squad who have played in relatively few games but have both been impressive (KaiKai only really in his handful of recent appearances) but the point I was making was that neither was an automatic pick for the starting lineup. It seemed to me that James Richings was desperately trying to denigrate Wycombe’s performance on the false premise that it was a strong lineup. It clearly wasn’t. And he studiously avoids (if I remember correctly) referring to the inclusion of four (?) trialists in the starting lineup and two on the three man bench.

• edited March 2022

While on the subject of the local rag, what is the point of the BFP having Wycombe coverage on their website when the 'Wanderers' homepage is stuck on coverage of the Bolton game which took place in January? I know how to get to the most recent stuff, but it's a faff and a less tech au fait users are going to really struggle as it's not remotely clear how you navigate to it (not that you should have to as it should be set up to be simple and user-friendly in the first place). It's so bad.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    what is the point of the BFP

Fixed

• The B & B Final will be at Slough on Saturday 7 May.

Reading and MK play their semi-final next Monday at 7:30.

• Good chance Adams Park would be needed for a playoff semi that weekend...

• The perfect day for the B & B Cup Final is May bank holiday Monday (as long as no Non-League clubs in the final are involved with their respective league play-off finals).

• Reading Academy beat a young MK side 4-0 tonight in the semi-final. Attendance 430 at the Select Car Leasing Stadium.

• 'Reading Academy'. 'MK Dons'. 'Select Car Leasing Stadium'. Ah... the romance of the cup.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    'Reading Academy'. 'MK Dons'. 'Select Car Leasing Stadium'. Ah... the romance of the cup.

Post of the day is awarded early, no more entries needed?

• B & B Final FT, Ascot United 0-4 Reading Academy.

HT 0-3, Ascot had a player sent off on 72 minutes. Attendance 1122 at Slough.