Skip to content

Match day thread: Brentford (League Cup)

12345679»

Comments

• Am I correct in assuming this isn't Brentford FC's ground and has a ground sharing aspect to it that takes away the Brentford colours.

Those yellow seats are to give an illusion of more people when the ground isn't full. The Gabba in Australia has done it. Hopefully Brentford won't need the magic of the yellow seat.

• Thanks, i didn't realize they didn't own the ground. Let's hope that works out for them...

• @floyd said:
    Can someone explain to me what's going on with the seats?

If some rowdy fans kick off and smash them up or they get old or broken, they can get whatever seat colour they can find to replace it. ? Not like our now mismatch different shades of blue!!! ???

• @floyd said:
    Thanks, i didn't realize they didn't own the ground. Let's hope that works out for them...

That's just my assumption based on the lack of a similar colour scheme to Brentford and all the chat about how reconfigurable it is. Always thought Brentford owned their old ground

• @floyd said:

Supposedly to make it look populated even when it isn't. Which it kinda does.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@floyd said:
    Thanks, i didn't realize they didn't own the ground. Let's hope that works out for them...

That's just my assumption based on the lack of a similar colour scheme to Brentford and all the chat about how reconfigurable it is. Always thought Brentford owned their old ground

Joint venture with a property company I think rather than owned by someone else

• @drcongo said:

@floyd said:

Supposedly to make it look populated even when it isn't. Which it kinda does.

Man City Ladies and B team
    stadium (which is fantastic) do it with dark and light blue seats looks really good, if we had the money (?) we should do it to the away end and family stand using existing seats rearranged - looks pony at the moment.

• Share with London Irish - who play in green!