Skip to content

Match day thread: Brentford (League Cup)

Comments

• Unlucky to catch him after a successful tackle. I can see why it’s a red though.

• This referee is awful

• To be fair, Gape was very lucky not to have been yellow carded before half time.

• The bloke put his foot in front of Gape’s in-progress slide. Ridiculous.

• Commentator and his assistant seem to be struggling to distinguish between Charles and Stewart. A few times now.

• Slightly off topic , but where can I buy the away goakeeper kit? (The purple one alsopp is wearing)
    On the website its not on there?

• Breakspear is a terrible referee, but I'm not sure Gape can have too many complaints for that. Not clear cut, but you see those ones given as red cards pretty regularly nowadays. Three game ban makes the signing of at least one new central midfielder even more imperative.

• edited September 2020

Yellow possibly but not a red surely? Heigh ho!
    Ten men? No.problem??

• Very harsh red card I thought, but absolutely no point appealing it. Zero chance that it will be overruled

• @Ram_N_Chairboy said:
    Slightly off topic , but where can I buy the away goakeeper kit? (The purple one alsopp is wearing)
    On the website its not on there?

Try here:

https://www.wwfcshop.co.uk/product-category/kit/adults-away-goalkeeper/

• @Brownie said:
    Breakspear is a terrible referee, but I'm not sure Gape can have too many complaints for that. Not clear cut, but you see those ones given as red cards pretty regularly nowadays. Three game ban makes the signing of at least one new central midfielder even more imperative.

In what world is that tackle a red card? I just don't see how. If this is higher league football then we are going to need to change to a new set of rules

• @Wendoverman said:
    Yellow possibly but not a red surely? Heigh ho!

You can't go studs into someone's leg even if you've got the ball first these days.

The Fleetwood player in the playoffs one went for us.

Just need to stay in this game now and hope for a late smash and grab

• Probably the right decision, more of a laws issue than anything.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Brownie said:
    Breakspear is a terrible referee, but I'm not sure Gape can have too many complaints for that. Not clear cut, but you see those ones given as red cards pretty regularly nowadays. Three game ban makes the signing of at least one new central midfielder even more imperative.

In what world is that tackle a red card? I just don't see how. If this is higher league football then we are going to need to change to a new set of rules

I don't like that it is, but very often nowadays if you follow through like that it just is.

• Comfortable save? Superb at such close range from the instantaneous Toney.

• Parker has really surprised me. Wycombe's man of the match so far in my opinion.

• Keeping Fred in cotton wool?

• @mooneyman said:
    Parker has really surprised me. Wycombe's man of the match so far in my opinion.

Now I am even more surprised as Gareth takes him off! That's why I would be useless as a manager.

• Fred being kept in cotton wool?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Brownie said:

Excessive force has been a red for ages.
    And if you're smashing into someones leg with your studs that's excessive force unfortunately.

• He didn't smash into his leg

He made contact with the foot of a player who only went in for a challenge once Gape had won the ball

• Pete Couhig shown in the first sighting of the new third kit

• The new third kit just been unveiled then

• Who saw Couhig wearing the third kit?

• Talking of red - I thought for a moment the Wycombe supporting contingent were wearing Brentford shirts. Apparently the red and white quarters third strip.

• Yes havibg seen slo-mo. There was obviously.no intent but studs were up. Defence excellent today though...we'll get a few 0-0s at least this term!

• Hello beautiful!

• @floyd said:
    Hello beautiful!

Hello Floyd, nice to meet you

• Great finish from hogan!

• Kashkett does well there. Poor mistake from the defender but he still has to keep a calm head and make the right decision.