Skip to content

Match day thread: Brentford (League Cup)

Comments

• Incredible scenes out of nowhere!

Perfection from Kashket and Horgan there.
    (We're gonna have a season of people calling him Hogan aren't we ?)

• Horgan and Fred on either wing is a frightening proposition.

• Horgan might just be my new favourite player... he looks good

• Hulk Horgan

• Horgan looks a right handful.

• How can this game be so much more entertaining than Iceland v England ?

• Win or lose on Pens... great effort

• Horgan looks a real find doesn’t he. Not just for that goal, but for everything he’s done since coming on.

• Allsop looks injured. ???? of course he does!

• Should be very proud of that performance.

• Why didn't Fred take a penalty?

• Really a great effort. At the start I would have been happy to keep it to 2 or 3. I know it wasn’t the strongest Brentford team, but you could argue the same thing for us.

• Fred might have been 5th taker.

• @mooneyman said:
    Why didn't Fred take a penalty?

Maybe he was next up?

• @mooneyman said:
    Why didn't Fred take a penalty?

Probably would've taken the 5th.

• Injured feelings? But overall an impressive performance and the starting lineup next Saturday will be closer to the ten who finished today than the eleven who started.

• Have just seen the red. Not dangerous or excessively forceful, and he gets to the ball first!

• Gutting to lose that way after all the odds against us as early as 48mins!

Dreadful couple of pens and that last Brentford one went straight through our keeper.

Plenty of positives. Grimmer and Horgan could be a great right side.
    Kashket looked handy when he came on.
    Fred too.

Rotherham is a huge game for everyone's confidence of how we'll fare.

• @floyd said:
    Have just seen the red. Not dangerous or excessively forceful, and he gets to the ball first!

Apeal-able?

• Overall thought that was a superb performance, really impressed with Parker, Horgan and the whole defence; bodes well for the future,

• Let’s hope. But Thompson is a pretty good replacement.

• Superb second half performance. Think we might pick up a few points against even the bigger sides if we can equal that.

• Would like McCarthy to play the Gape role, although I don't think he will. Someone will have been lined up to come in during the week anyway, I'm sure.

• Samuel to start? Interesting to hear Bayo saying that they’re working on his finishing.
    And he may be able to get in the box more with better players and a rejuvenated Kashket around him.

• @micra said:
    Samuel to start? Interesting to hear Bayo saying that they’re working on his finishing.
    And he may be able to get in the box more with better players and a rejuvenated Kashket around him.

We've certainly got some exciting options! Hopefully Uche is ready to go for Rotherham.

• The game changed when Brentford swapped their winger from going at JJ and got little out of Grimmer. Horgan looks a good player but I thought all six of our attacking players had decent outings feeding off scraps.

Gape was unlucky and will be available next week. Playing a defender in place of him is a Championship Manager option. Not a real one

• Gape will not be available next week, that's not getting overturned.

• Yes have to agree on this McCarthy in midfield business. Bizarre idea.
    Midfield isn't just about being athletic, it's a totally different role to what he plays.

Talk about Samuel, his finishing isn't particularly bad is it? It's not like he gets loads of chances?!
    His strengths aren't the same as a Kashket who sniffs the chance and is great at getting into positions.

• Should be appealed and overturned, it doesnt fit any red card criteria.
    Summed up a diabolical referee who got many others decisions wrong

• edited September 2020

@Malone said:
    Yes have to agree on this McCarthy in midfield business. Bizarre idea.
    Midfield isn't just about being athletic, it's a totally different role to what he plays.

Talk about Samuel, his finishing isn't particularly bad is it? It's not like he gets loads of chances?!
    His strengths aren't the same as a Kashket who sniffs the chance and is great at getting into positions.

It's not just about his athleticism... Unlikely to be tried but think he could be converted. Out of the midfielders we currently have, I guess it would have to be Thompson?