Skip to content

Tottenham priority ticketing structure

Comments

• I now understand why someone asked me if my "second" ticket was accounted for.
    I answered..I can't get one, I went early! But maybe I was wrong.

• Think your contact may be in luck...

• I think we need the clarification from someone from the club prior to Monday morning.

• Having waited patiently for phase 3 to buy 3 tickets, our 2 as season tickets + 1 for a loyal supporter whom had to give up his season ticket this year, I will be thoroughly peed off I can't get the tickets now they've apparently changed the rules midway!

• That's Wycombe Wanderers FC for you - owned by the fans, etc.

• @DJWYC14 @AlanCecil can you or someone at the club clarify what is happening here please. Thanks.

• Suspect they will blame on a rogue social media guy like the email about share scheme members getting two tickets each before anyone else

• @malone @Bluegasbag I am around but cannot clarify without reference to club staff who may be taking the rest of the weekend off as entitled. I will try to let you know what i hear though any clarification may be announced by the club itself first via official channels.

• Thanks @AlanCecil. However would be a little bit odd if 'club staff' could change a policy position without reference to / authority of at least one of the Trust/Club directors?

• Why do we always make such a shambles of ticket allocation? Last season it was home to Villa, this time it's away to Spurs. Regular supporters are ignored, STH's are misinformed and confused. Just look at how other clubs do it, it should be very very simple, with no need for an FAQ!

• Should be simple. Non STH holders but regular match goers should have had a priority window (even if only for a day). Can't change the policy now either that's ridiculous.

Glad I have my tickets as I think this could turn into a nightmare next week.

• Utter confusion on Official site. The ticket prices and allocation page clearly states that if you have bought tickets in Windows 1&2 that you are not eligible for further tickets in Window 3. This needs to be clarified by the club today.

• The ticketing page was last updated at 12 noon on Saturday - with the additional wording added. This looks very much like a deliberate change to the distribution strategy.

• edited January 2017

Just as WWFC management took a close look at Cheltenham's catering prowess why don't we take a leaf out of Pompey's book and embrace the simplicity of their approach to away ticket sales?

Away Ticket Info:

@wwfcofficial 4/2 3pm KO

10am 23/1 STH's/SH's

10am 25/1 General Sale

• If our allocation had been lower than our season ticket holder total, it'd have been that.

And I wonder if the allocation had been say, 4,500 that we'd have probably had a straight 2 each for STH/500/Share. But we didn't quite have enough to offer that, hence the pishing about.

• Fair point @Malone I think a lot of people holding out for the upper tier will be using a slightly stronger word than pishing as they hang around in the car park at Adams Park tomorrow waiting for verbal ticket sale updates!

• This is outrageous if true, you simply cannot change the rules halfway through, especially with so many people holding off and playing buy the rules so they could purchase in window 3.

• Do we wonder if they've become a little nervous that we might not ship the full amount now? After all, there's only 5 days of sales left now.

• Not been this annoyed with the club since Avranches away! Hopefully common sense will prevail and an executive decision will be made to release the upper tier at 10am sharp tomorrow.

• Assuming they really have changed their policy at this late stage it's likely to be because they're concerned that sales are lower than expected. I can offer 2 reasons for that, the dragging out of the selling days (particularly window 2) and the decision to sell the lower tier first. They could easily have made both tiers available in windows 1,2 and 3 - and then limited the general sale first to the lower tier then, when that was sold out, to the upper tier. Any unsold tickets would be in the upper tier, just as will happen now, but it would have allowed fans in windows 1,2 and 3 to choose.
    Sadly Spurs can be added to the long list of fixtures that began in 1990, (home to Peterborough), of farcical attempts to allocate tickets.

• This is starting to look like a colossal fuck up. Why on earth phase 2 was so long I'll never understand. Sure it'll all work out ok in the end.

• Spurs apparently demanded we sold the lower tier first. And apparently that's standard practice.
    Doesn't seem to matter that we'd obviously sell out.

• As I said hopefully common sense will prevail as tomorrow is going to test our ticket office to the absolute maximum and it is all our own fault for not having fully utilised the time available last week by forcing a huge number of sales into tomorrow's pinch point. Cheers Wycombe.

• I'm not involved (thankfully) in the scramble for tickets but have spent my leisure hours, of which there are many, trying to keep up with all matters Wycombe Wanderers. I may be wrong but I thought it was Spurs who stipulated that lower tier tickets had to be sold first?

• Not only will the ticket office have to contend with those hanging on for the upper tier enquiring about how many lower tier remaining they will also need to fend off those season ticket holders who have already purchased but now think they can buy more thanks to the dodgy update on Saturday!

• Need to make upper tier available straight away tomorrow morning or everyone is waiting for lower tier to sell out which might not happen untill general sales.

• Do we think swathes of people are risking their ticket buying ability by holding on for upper then?!

Why don't they just buy now, and swap with someone later, certain to be plenty up for a swap?

I'd intended on doing that, but then on checking where the lower tickets are, am sticking. Looks ideal after all.

• I think so..Looks like everyone is holding on..Families are concerned with the possible limited views of lower tier.

• @Aylesburyblue With the added bonus bonus of an extra ticket if required

• Why is there so much fuss about people wanting "upper tier" seats? Is the view that much better?