Skip to content

Tottenham priority ticketing structure

Comments

• @Fidget this is a cup game. No home season ticket holders have the right to sit in their normal seats. Fa rules are 15% not 5%. Other clubs move away fans to different stands in Fa Cup, I don't see why Tottenham are being difficult/different. Having 750 less fans than we should there makes a difference, both to wycombe fans who want to see it and to home advantage. It's a huge issue.

• @DevC said:
    Think you may have been lucky, Peter. My section was full, although the standers eventually buggered off so presume they must have gone somewhere else.

Tottenham will be full. So even if you normally stand, even if you go every week, even if you go to Carlisle and the old boy behind you doesn't, show a little consideration and sit down unless you are sure that standing doesn't inconvenience anybody else.

And stewards, if they don't have the human decency to do this themselves, make them.

So the standers showed consideration and moved out the way? Good on them.

Maybe look for the good in people

• I would expect that those that stand with no consideration for the other supporters are, at matches such as the play off final, often not genuine supporters who regularly attend AP, they're out for a few beers, have a good time and to goad the opposition fans. Just the sort of people who will be buying tickets from next Wednesday when tickets go on general sale rather than being sold to regular supporters.

• Err no Peter. They were obnoxious, told various people to fuck off, ignored the stewards instructions (who then choose to hide) and spoiled a number of peoples days out. They only buggered off because they realised that they were in severe danger of getting a good kicking (there were only three of them but an increasing number of angry people). And sorry Doob, they claimed at least to be regular home and away supporters, indeed that was their justification for why they should be allowed to spoil it for everyone else.

The vast majority of pretty much any group of people are decent people but sadly there are a few dicks. That applies to WWFC supporters, and Plymouth supporters and no doubt every other club.

• "The latest update of #TOTvWYC ticket sales is 1,312 (STHs, half-STHS & 500 Club members buying one each). This means there are 2,723 tickets remaining. From Monday, STH, half-STHs, 500 Club members & Share Scheme investors may buy two each. "

From the Club, an hour ago. Looks like well over 1000 for general sale and no stress for those of us who've waited to Window 3.

• edited January 2017

My worry is that people are waiting for upper tier to become available..hence why only 1300 tickets purchased.We are then all waiting for everyone else to buy remaining lower tier .

• I am rather surprised that as many tickets have been sold as have been - good news for the general sale. I reckon that no more than 2,000 people were eligible to buy at this stage, so looking like comfortably over a thousand available for general sale.

• Some people do have an irrational insistence on getting their ticket secured immediately.

You only have to look at the first 2 days sales to see that.

I forget the exacts, but something like 956 first day, and 114 the second?!

I bet most of that 956 was in the first few hours too

• If you're only getting season ticket holder tickets why not do it on day 1? Wouldn't call that irrational @Malone

• @Malone is probably just pointing out that there were people standing in queues in the freezing cold, and some trying over and over to get through on the phones when there were 2 days exclusively reserved for season ticket holders. The tickets were never going to sell out in that phase so there was absolutely no need for the mad rush at the start.

It will be the same on Monday no doubt when phase 3 kicks off, but again the tickets can't sell out so I'll be holding on until Tuesday probably and will more than likely have no wait whatsoever.

• @DevC is it like that at Watford?

• As I have said it is all about the upper tier - staff can stand down until Monday

• @TTID much appreciated local information. We will drink where we want though.

• @LX1 said:
    TTID much appreciated local information. We will drink where we want though.

Good luck.

• @Fidget said:

It will be the same on Monday no doubt when phase 3 kicks off, but again the tickets can't sell out so I'll be holding on until Tuesday probably and will more than likely have no wait whatsoever.

My thoughts exactly having seen how many have sold now. I thought many more would wait until window three to get the extra ticket but it seems not. Good times that will be made better if we can keep them out for 80 minutes until their centre backs are worn out trying to contain Bayo and then the miracle happens.

• @Onlooker said:
    As I have said it is all about the upper tier - staff can stand down until Monday

Complete opposite for me, don't want to be forced into the upper tier and moaned at for standing when we get a corner....

• No sign of the 'daily' update on ticket sales. Maybe none were sold today? Ridiculous to have 2 full days for the few hundred half STH's and 500 club members to buy their tickets, especially as the club claim it's due to lack of time that they're not giving any priority to regular supporters (as per the club charter). But then I suppose it's so much easier to sell them indiscriminately in a general sale rather than do all that tedious checking of the database - as described in the club charter.

• @TTID no luck needed sunshine. Having drunk in pubs all over the World from Baku to Sapporro to Burnley we don't need any advice about where to drink We are a proper football club with proper football fans. Feel free to join us for a friendly drink...where we want.

• Wow, how arrogant and condescending do you sound @LX1...

• @Fidget it's an appropriate response to an arrogant SKY supporter

• Sky supporter lol. First game was in 1972.....

Just passing on friendly advice. The doormen at the other pubs won't let away fans in and some of the home fans are less than welcoming. Simple.

Still, up to you.

• edited January 2017

@Doob I expect you are right. Those who haven't bought are either waiting for the upper tier or the right to buy two. If the club hadn't yielded to Tottenham's bizarre request we would by now have sold substantially more than the current number.

• Now we must keep ringing the club on Monday morning/afternoon to find out numbers.

• Thank you TTID, I really appreciate you advice.

• I agree. Thanks TTID. You've been really helpful and I've not seen any trace of arrogance in your comments. Unlike the odd respondent who is supporting the naive provincial stereotype a bit too much

• Thanks. In hindsight, perhaps saying 'steer clear' sounded like a threat rather than advice. Unintentional.

The three pubs I mentioned, Beehive, Antwerp Arms & the Irish Centre are good pubs for away fans with no threat of aggravation.

I regularly drink in the first two as I have no beef with away fans unless it is one of the major London rivals.

• Anyone know the latest regarding the number of tickets sold?

• What is it about the internet that makes normally decent people pick ludicrously pointless fights :-)

• Its just speaking your mind. I actually totally agree with @LX1 I would drink where I wanted to not where somebody directed me to, as i have always done and I know @LX1 does exactly the same. In Fact sometimes its more intriguing to see what the fuss is all about.

• Yeah, was disappointed with @LX1. A normally brief but witty contributor.