Skip to content

Tottenham priority ticketing structure

Comments

• @Cyclops said:
    Why is there so much fuss about people wanting "upper tier" seats? Is the view that much better?

Nope. Think they are worried about people standing in the upper. Most seats at the Lane offer a good view unless you are short and in the first 3-4 rows of the lower.

• But if you have kids and people are standing..might as well have a brick wall in front of you.

• Club could have offered upper tier to STHs first

• Now come on @Cyclops. I know you're a busy man and possibly don't have time to read 392 posts (a thread record, @drcongo?) but surely you picked up on the point about the way people stand up in lower tiers but, generally, don't do so to the same extent higher up.
    Hope you're keeping well, by the way, and give the boys a shout from me on Saturday.

• Well said @micra I am afraid the stress levels are seriously high in this household and so unnecessary

• edited January 2017

@TTID , how bad is the view from the first 4 rows out of interest.... having a seat in those rows!!

I'm hoping your use of "short" AND being in those rows is the key, not either or!

• Not that bad. You are very close to the action. A couple of my friends are ST holders in row 1 South Lower and love it and would never change.

If you are in those rows bang behind the goal obviously you have the net to contend with.

• @Malone For comparison, this claims to be the view from Row 7 of Block 36

http://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/large-photo/67093/White+Hart+Lane/section-36/row-7/seat-145/

But, unhelpfully, this claims to be the next seat to it!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g186338-d6426421-i160291186-White_Hart_Lane-London_England.html

I suspect the second one is closer to the mark and Row 4 will be slightly lower; doesn't look too bad.

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    Malone For comparison, this claims to be the view from Row 7 of Block 36

http://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/large-photo/67093/White+Hart+Lane/section-36/row-7/seat-145/

But, unhelpfully, this claims to be the next seat to it!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g186338-d6426421-i160291186-White_Hart_Lane-London_England.html

I suspect the second one is closer to the mark and Row 4 will be slightly lower; doesn't look too bad.

The first one looks about right

• @TTID Cool, thanks for setting me straight.

• Contending with stewards who insist on standing up is another reason to opt for the upper tier.

• If you look on StubHub (Boro game for example) it generally gives a view from each block.

• Hi, this may be a silly question but does anyone know if the tickets that are being sold for the lower tier are from pitchside to the back or the other way round? I would assume from front i.e. Row 1 to the back but I thought i'd ask?

• @MikeWillow14 said:
    Hi, this may be a silly question but does anyone know if the tickets that are being sold for the lower tier are from pitchside to the back or the other way round? I would assume from front i.e. Row 1 to the back but I thought i'd ask?

For home fans, Spurs usually sell from back to front in the lower and vice versa for the upper. Might be random for away?

I think their are 22 rows in the lower and 26 in the upper.

• ta @TTID .
    I'm not quite sure how Wycombe did the tickets, as i'm very near the front, and people who must have bought before me are further back.

Maybe something to do with separate allocations for phone versus manual pickups.

• As I say, you will in the right place if you do score in the second half. Spurs always kick to the South in the first half and North in the second.

• @Malone What you observe is consistent with Triads comment. Lower tier is sold from back to front so those who bought before you will be further back.
    FYI I bought tickets Friday morning and am in row 6.

• TTIDs comment (autocorrect)

• edited January 2017

So five rows at the front to be sold before upper tier released. Thanks for the info @Twizz and @TTID

• @Onlooker said:
    Contending with stewards who insist on standing up is another reason to opt for the upper tier.

@Onlooker said:
    So five rows at the front to be sold before upper tier released. Thanks for the info Twizz and TTID

You're being so OTT about this I actually kinda want you to get lower tier now...

• @Twizz said:
    Malone What you observe is consistent with Triads comment. Lower tier is sold from back to front so those who bought before you will be further back.
    FYI I bought tickets Friday morning and am in row 6.

Not true for me I brought on Thursday and I'm in Row 4

• From TTIDs earlier posts, we have 4 blocks of about 450 each in lower tier, total about 1800 (and 4 of about 550 each in upper tier, total 2200).
    So far sold 1395 to STH etc.. Meaning about 405 tickets in 4 blocks of 5 rows each. That would mean about 20 seats in each subsection which I'd say sounds about right. So if you want upper tier then need another 400+ ticket sales first. No guarantees though.
    Hope this very rough calculation helps those waiting for upper tier tickets.

• Thanks for the info! Also if there are a large quantity of tickets left in the lower singing blocks then if you're not a 'singer' then that would need to come into the equation.

• Cheers - will aim to get down there by 11 then

• edited January 2017

@Username If I am and you insist on persistently standing up in front of my youngest then you will find out what happens when I go OTT ... edit stop trying to wind me up even more

• Role on Sunday.

• I think there are some people here who just need to calm down a bit! Remember the game at Leicester when our allocation was only 3,250? We had 3,000 season ticket holders at the time so no chance of 'plus ones' and I think general sale tickets were about 100 in the end. The view at Filbert Street was such that the front rows were below pitch level with eyes roughly in line with the playing surface. I was about 4 rows back (albeit I was at least on the half way line). Just stay calm - those who really want a ticket will get one (I won't sadly) and the view will be fine.

• @brittanywanderer said:
    Role on Sunday.

Congratulations!

• @Platform_3 I must have been sat within a few yards of yourself at Filbert Street.

The key difference between then and now is that I don't recall those who were in the rows in front of me at Filbert Street standing up for the entire game and blocking my view. In recent years there has been a significant increase in the number of people attending matches who have a selfish belief, particularly away from home, that they should be permitted to stand throughout and "tough sh*t" to anyone behind them who is then forced to stand also and/or whose view is then severely restricted. Indications are that the lower tier at White Hart Lane will have a lot of people standing up, hence the desire for upper tier tickets where (a) it is expected that less people will stand and (b) the seating is more steeply banked, giving shorter people - especially children - more chance of being able to see over the heads of those in front of them.

I went ahead and bought tickets for myself and my children last week as I had a few minutes free from work when I could call and because I did not want to wait for the telephone chaos that is likely to ensue this week when the upper tier tickets go on sale and the option to buy an extra one starts. Not sure I've done the right thing as far as the children are concerned, since they would almost certainly have a better chance of seeing the action from the upper tier, but there is no guarantee that work commitments would allow me to spend time on the telephone ordering tickets this week and better that they go, have to stand up and have a restricted view than they don't get to go at all.

• Excellent post, Uncle.