Skip to content

Tottenham priority ticketing structure

Comments

• That's disappointing, TTID. How do they suggest that people with children or elderly people, perhaps no longer capable of standing for long periods of time, get to watch a game they have paid for when they have had no control over which seats they have been allocated and happen to be stuck behind some selfish twats who think their right to watch standing is more important than others right to watch at all.

• edited January 2017

No point having a go a TTID... He's just trying to be helpful.

It is annoying that we've only got 12.5% not 15% though, it's spurs choice to reduce their capacity this season so they can build their new stand, so they should suffer, not away fans. It being a percentage rather than a set figure allows for this surely.

• Just booked my tickets on the phone, rather disappointingly I've got no idea where I'll be sitting. I couldn't be told as I'll "be allocated a seat later." Only choice I had is singing or non singing. How many other seating events do you book tickets for but have no idea where you get sat?

I'll have to wait for the suspense of when they arrive in the post.

• Remember this isn't @TTID's fault, so a bit of civility wouldn't go amiss towards someone who's trying to help! Bear in mind also the allocation is larger than our regular home support as well, which isn't the case for Spurs.

• edited January 2017

@Username Certainly wasn't having a go at @TTID who has indeed been very helpful.

Just bemused that a load of fans who intend to stand will end up in the upper tier while loads who want/need to sit in the upper are being forced into the lower.

Only in football.

• For anyone truly bothered about their seating position, there's a fairly simple solution....swap them with a fan in the opposite boat to you

• @DevC I'm sure if someone can't see Wycombe fans will help them out, despite your relentless criticism I have always found people to be generally decent in such situations.

• I sadly have a different experience, not just of Wycombe supporters.

At Wembley, I watched, as did three oiks in the row in front of me, an elderly gentleman on sticks struggle for what seemed an age to climb to his seat just behind me (and just in front of some kids). Didn't stop them standing as soon as the game started and refusing to sit down. There was very nearly a fight with the father of the children. I understand that was not the only similar incident.

I went as a neutral to Plymouth's playoff semi home leg. Exactly the same thing happened with people refusing to sit despite elderly and kids not being able to see as a result. That time punches actually were thrown.

I understand exactly the same thing happened again at last nights cup replay against Liverpool.

Not good enough for stewards to stand aside and not ensure selfish bastards sit down when others behind them can't see. I prefer to stand myself, where stands are empty and its easy to move, I see no problem in people standing and those who want t sit organising themselves to watch. In a full stadium that simply isn't an option. It is unacceptable and selfish.

• At Villa last year there were kids near me who couldn't see because of people standing in front of them. Who I'm sure were only standing because of people in front of them etc etc.

The logical solution is to have terraces for those who want to stand and seating for those who don't.

• Agreed Chris. There's nothing inherently unsafe about a terrace unless you overfill it.

Standing up in seated areas however is more unsafe and clearly aggravates other people who aren't standing (for good reason).

• @DevC definitely a different experience to me at Wembley. There were thousands of empty seats for people to sit in so didn't see a cross word.

• Think you may have been lucky, Peter. My section was full, although the standers eventually buggered off so presume they must have gone somewhere else.

Tottenham will be full. So even if you normally stand, even if you go every week, even if you go to Carlisle and the old boy behind you doesn't, show a little consideration and sit down unless you are sure that standing doesn't inconvenience anybody else.

And stewards, if they don't have the human decency to do this themselves, make them.

• It's people who watch by without offering help as old people struggle up stairs that is a bigger problem for me

• Cheap shot. Its not a bigger problem. Actually I and several other people did.

• The lower tier will be stood up, no doubts, if anyone has a ticket in the lower tier and don't think they'll be able to see/ stand for 90 minutes they should try and swap on here/ the Facebook group

• Genuine question Mr Username.

Assuming you are one of the people who think it is OK to stand in front of someone who has bought a ticket, cannot move and cant stand to see the game if you do in front of him, could you explain why you think that is acceptable behaviour?

• edited January 2017

I don't always stand actually, and it's never as simple as that, unless you're in the front row, it's not your choice whether to sit out stand as it's made up for you by the people in front standing.

If the stand is full I'd sit down if needed as they have no choice, if it's not (as is usually the case), then no I wouldn't.

• I agree with that, username. If both peoples desires can be accommodated, then both should be flexible to make that happen. But when the only choice is between you stand, he cant see and you sit, all can see, it should be a nobrainer. I hope the Tottenham stewards are firm.

• So how is the 4053 split between upper and lower tiers?

• I think the club tweeted there was 2035 in the lower tier. So, still plenty left.

• @TTID not having a go at you as know you're being very helpful. But I don't care that other clubs have been similarly disadvantaged. This is here and now and Spurs are still not giving a fair and legal allocation. It is surely possible to house Wycombe fans safely in another section of the ground in order to meet the rules? It's not as if White Hart Lane's capacity has been reduced to 10,000. It is still 32,000. I think Tottenham have really played the authorities with nonsense about needing a significantly reduced away capacity. And it is just not fair on Wycombe.

• "Only in football" has been mentioned and I would say this applies to "segregation" which seems to be ruling the way tickets are sold. Is there any other sport where supporters have to be kept apart for fear they will start fighting?

• Dont worry, I'm not easily offended!

WW have 8 blocks. 44-47 in the upper And 35-38 in the lower.

They vary in size but 'generally' 350-450 seats.

The question of kids/standing isn't usually an issue for us in the South as the North Stand is the designated Family stand at WHL so apart from tourists, we don't usually get that many and the Stewards are far stricter with the home support anyway.

• @DevC said:
    I agree with that, username. If both peoples desires can be accommodated, then both should be flexible to make that happen. But when the only choice is between you stand, he cant see and you sit, all can see, it should be a nobrainer. I hope the Tottenham stewards are firm.

If you ask the stewards to act, they are obliged to do so I believe. Wouldn't swear to it though.

• @Midlander said:
    Spurs are still not giving a fair and legal allocation.

Well if they've been given special dispensation by the FA - who set the laws - then yes they have given a fair and legal allocation.
    And now you're suggesting that Spurs move the whole away allocation to another part of the ground, which would surely inconvenience a much larger group of their season ticket holders than have been impacted by them giving us a handful of extra blocks? How is that then fair on them?
    We've already got an allocation larger than our average home attendance so I don't really see what the huge fuss is about this magical 15% that you believe we are 'entitled' to.

• Whilst I would have liked to have seen us allocated the full 15%, it is worth bearing in mind that there's also many Tottenham fans who won't be able to get to this match due to the reduced capacity and increased away attendance. We will have more away fans at WHL than any other club will enjoy this season, we can at least be thankful for that.

• @TTID said:
    Dont worry, I'm not easily offended!

WW have 8 blocks. 44-47 in the upper And 35-38 in the lower.

They vary in size but 'generally' 350-450 seats.

The question of kids/standing isn't usually an issue for us in the South as the North Stand is the designated Family stand at WHL so apart from tourists, we don't usually get that many and the Stewards are far stricter with the home support anyway.

Sorry, meant 450-550 per block.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Whilst I would have liked to have seen us allocated the full 15%, it is worth bearing in mind that there's also many Tottenham fans who won't be able to get to this match due to the reduced capacity and increased away attendance. We will have more away fans at WHL than any other club will enjoy this season, we can at least be thankful for that.

Fair point. Gillingham and Villa both had 2900.

• Villa opted for less tickets as they were worried they wouldn't sell out

• If I don't get my two I will be back on here complaining about about not being able to not sit/stand/sing/boo Gareth in the upper or lower tier...