Skip to content

New signings

I'm sure that GA Is already working on his targets for next season, I was interested to.see that D'Allessandra was released by Plymouth, if we managed to.attract him that would.I believe would be a massive coup, however I am sure that lots of clubs after his signature!

Comments

• I believe we're after Chris Greenacre, Jamie Forrester, Brett Ormerod and Lee Hodges.........ah hang on, wrong year

• It seems like Allesandra's family are based in the north west so I doubt we will be top of his list.

• From a Barnet supporting colleague - Connor Clifford from Southend, was on loan at Barnet, apparently a player in the Josh Scowen mould.

http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9586&sid=6e34dae1c61874d2741675fe14e776ae

• Clifford did look pretty good for Barnet. Hope he does go to Rovers.

• BTW - A Plymouth fan told me that Allesandra was their highest paid player and was very unlikely to be affordable if they did not get promotion. Not sure we could afford him but he would be a great acquisition.

• Hope he doesn't go to Rovers!

• Hoping we get this guy.

• Like beam against Oxford lol

• nice one

• Let's hope we get someone with a bit of height and pace to link up with Hayes and holloway much needed.

• One young player I was really impressed with this season was Miles Storey who played for Newport against us at Adams Park. He looked a really quick, powerful and skilful young player. He would be a good loan player if the opportunity arose. Wide right position.

• Storey is actually a Swindon player and was on loan at Newport.

• Oh well Keith Scott concerned about our strike force, he forgets to mention the times the strikers are back defending corners, set pieces and alike.
    They just don't hang about upfront, picking daisies.

Yes, we need more goals upfront, but the calibre of a forward player we need, must be flexible and comfortable to assist/help at the back too.

• I always get the impression that someone thought they would be getting the job last season and finds it hard to say anything completely positive...

• I agree with you Wendoverman.

• Really! No I don't get that at all. I think he is a fan the same as all of us. His comments are spot on. McClure and Craig did not perform for us, Holloway was a Half Season man, That Left Hayes to do a lot of Donkey work.

• @Wendoverman: You could be right but I like to think he wouldn't be small-minded enough to let that disappointment colour his judgement. Our goals game from many sources, including two outstanding young central defenders. 'twould be good to have a 20-a-season out-and-out striker but, as has been mentioned many times on here, they don't come cheap. Oxford United struck oil with their loan striker (Roofe) and I believe he has now signed a permanent contract. If the arrangements being discussed with Aston Villa and Reading come to fruition, we could reap similar benefits. Fingers crossed.

• @M3G said:
    Really! No I don't get that at all. I think he is a fan the same as all of us. His comments are spot on. McClure and Craig did not perform for us, Holloway was a Half Season man, That Left Hayes to do a lot of Donkey work.

• @M3G, Holloway has and was injured prior to coming on board our illustrious ship. This is his first playing season as a pro and if his half season is to go by, funny that we activated a clause within his contract, as other Clubs where monitoring Holloway( I.e would've have left otherwise as a free agent?). Amirite.

• surely Holloway agent was aware of this clause in his contract

• Here we go again. Holloway has come on heaps and bounds since he first started with us. And I for one am looking forward to watching him get better and better. Imo he playes some tidy football and it doesn't do him any justice the way the game is played at times.

• Sorry folks, I'm in English teacher mode again! Holloway has come on IN leaps and bounds..... If correctly reported, even GA errs in that respect. I quite like the 'heaps' image.

• Sorry should of been a letter L Mr micra.

• So when are we going to sign soneone anyway?as atm is just the exits (even those offered ain't bitten of GA hands yet), while other clubs are forming and building their side? Hence bookies have ignored us paupers again who can't even form a 2nd side to play the occasional friendly, so those who don't start get some game time.

After our run in, with no numbers to make a full bench, keeper ring rusty with no competitive games, surely we ain't going to repeat our mistakes which I believe cost us some much needed points.

Its Oh well saying we tallied our highest points etc etc, fact of the matter, we sold some family silver to pay of some debits and we gained so much needed Playoffs/Wembley monies, surely a few quid can be spent wisely on a few quality players, as we can no longer rely on playing as Brentford "B". People will come and watch if we are competitive (winning) if not we are in for shock of mediocre medicine and lower attendances.

Rant over...

11 weeks and counting, tick tock.

• Let the other clubs panic buy. I won't be panicking for a couple of weeks if we don't hear anything. Perhaps other signings are dependant on what Craig and Ephraim settle for?

Ainsworth knows what he is doing. He didn't get lucky when he signed Hayes, Jombati, Jacobson, and Murphy. Even Mawson wasn't really a gamble, as he was only on loan.

• What the hell does it matter what odds the bookies are offering? Ainsworth will sign players as and when it is right for the club, not for William Hill. I'm glad Ainsworth is more positive than some of our fans.....

• Hear hear. Would anyone else be in favour of the Gasroom becoming an "idle-speculation free" zone for a couple of weeks?!

• @micra : I have some sympathy with this view, but I don't think that's the way social media work. If you don't like a topic then don't respond to it. If there are people who want to speculate then let them, you are not forced to join in.

• True. I'll go off for a few days and hope that the drivel content has reduced in the meantime!