Skip to content

New signings

Comments

• Assuming Ingram is fit, may be better fr Lynch to go out on loan and Richardson to cover the bench, but otherwise that is about right for the squad.

Big season ahead for Max Kretchzmar, the odd one out in your list above. Really needs this to be a breakthrough season or i suspect loan out and release at end of season may await. Will be interesting whether he can step up, I suspect has the talent but lack a bit of physicality.

• absolutely correct, should of included Kretz on the bench

• You are pretty spot on Wwfc2015. I would prefer a fast wide man and play just two of Thompson, Hayes and Holloway. I am not sure about Hogan, and we will need to supplement with three or four real good loanees in addition to the signings you have shown.
    Thank you kind Sir.

• A bit optimistic that.

• Why Chris? That is what we had last year. Three excellent loan signings to supplement our squad.

• Four actually!

• Mawson, Fred, Saunders and Nico!

• 5 Danny Rowe

• @Chickenhead, Really like Rowe, but I can't see him wanting to return unless guaranteed more game time, Rowe must have been seething after some good performances when told your chance will come, he took it and still warmed the bench there after.

Please forgive us Rowe for our sins.

• I don't think we will make six more signings plus four loanees. And if we do, I would have thought the loanees will come during the season like Saunders and Nico rather than at this point.

• Mawson arrived on the scene so late in the day, I am sure he wasn't mentioned in the match day programme at our first match away at Newport County?

• BFP article - http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/13350916.Wycombe_boss_admits_to__slow__progress_in_pursuit_of_new_recruits/ Playing players who have just recovered from injury or a niggle is a risk to pre-longing or recurring injuries in my book, but GA knows his stuff, so long may it continue. Less the 2 weeks till Julllyyyy.

• The article in the BFP is not good reading.

I really thought that our success last season would both allow us to increase our budget slightly and at the same time encourage new players to join the club.

Maybe it is just as well we didn't go up then?

• @Blue_since_1990 I'm not sure why you would think that.

We will still have roughly the same attendance figures as last season, the same overhead costs, and the same debt repayment amounts to make every month to Steve Hayes.

Wembley/play-off revenue was a one-off sum, largely spent on a new pitch.

There is, to my knowledge, no major new revenue stream this season, no major increase in any pre-existing revenue streams, and no major reduction in costs on the horizon.

Our salary budget therefore has no reason to change...

• I appreciate the Wembley and semi- final payments were on offs. I also am aware of the pitch and floodlight expenditure. However, we have, as the club informs us, sold more season tickets to this point as compared to last year.

We appear to also have a deal with Reading for use of our pitch for their U21 squad, albeit a lot less revenue than the Wasps were paying I suspect.
    We also now only have thirteen players, we also have parted company with arguably one of our most expensive players (Murphy) etc etc etc.

Those are the reasons bill and I am sure there are many more for my perceived optimism.

• i agree with Blue_since_1990, i thought we would show more ambition that last year, last year i was really excited on the quality of our signings this year not so much, i really do think we would have another shot at promotion however only if we invest in the correct players and i mean a better quality in players that we have already bought in......this year some "smaller" team have invested in qualitly, i have seen Cambridge, Mansfield and also Oxford (!!) have bought in some real good players..

• It's nothing to do with ambition, or being a "big" or "small" club at this level. It's about living within our means.

I'd rather spend in accordance with what is on the balance sheet.

Valuing the club's ability to spend based on its nebulous "size" compared to other teams in the league, or on how much ambition we profess to possess, is very dangerous.

• For better or worse the club does not have a "sugar daddy" putting in funds. that inevitably has consequences. Last season it was widely believed that our playing budget was in the bottom six. there is no obvious reason why it would be different this season. this is compounded by the club location being in a high cost area to live, but mitigated by it being convenient for London based players. To achieve what we did last season was a remarkable achievement given the budget, were that to be repeated would be phenomenal.

• As for Ciderk1D comments re Rowe, he was indeed unlucky in that wheras he could be argued to be the third best player in the squad, he was unlucky that the best and second best also played in his position. to play Rowe, either pieree or mawson would have had to be left out. Which one?

As it happened Rowe left us just at the wrong moment. Had he have hung around for another couple of weeks just as injuries struck, he would very likely have got a chance at RB and possibly played at Wembley rather than warm Rotherham's bench

• We might not even have needed to go to Wembley.

• We exceeded everyone's expectations last year...and excellent though it is I doubt an extra couple of hundred season tickets are going to make that much difference to the playing budget sadly.

• Call me cynical but I expect at least one new signing to be unveiled in the next few hours or at the Trust meeting tonight in order to bury the bad news of a Beeks/Kane return

• I can't see us being able to increase the wage budget until we pay off Hayes. Does anyone know how much we still owe. Having got rid of the parasites, it would be nice to get rid of the other nuisance as well.

• @Wwfc2015_ Cambridge picked up a windfall from their Fa cup games against Man United. That will have earned them far more than our play off final appearance.

• Cambridge earned about 1.7 million pounds from there cup run.

• We should of also picked up a windfall if we managed to get past Wimbledon....so gutting!! never mind lets see what this year will bring!

• 'might have'

• @blueh_w, if this is so, we should do our utmost to progress in these cup competitions, even with the smallest squad in League 2.

• New Signing to be announced in a few minutes!!