Skip to content

New signings

15678911»

Comments

• Wycombe can do without the occasional, and I mean occasional flashes of brilliance (alleged) from Ephraim. We all view players differently but my view is that he is lightweight and 'cack'. Don't sign him up...please!!!!

• Clearly Gareth doesn't share your view as he has offered him a new contract.

• @Bluemoon said:
    Clearly Gareth doesn't share your view as he has offered him a new contract.

That view is subjected to the offer he has made Hogan, which 99% of us believe was "cack", hence Ephraim hasn't jumped up and down and signed on the dotted line when the offer was made weeks ago. Get what you deserve.

• Not being funny but if he was that good he wouldn't be playing in League 2.

• @robin said:
    Not being funny but if he was that good he wouldn't be playing in League 2.

What you saying most of our squad are playing in league 2?

• You have no idea what contract he has been offered. How the hell can 99% believe it to be "cack"?
    If Gareth did not wish to retain his services surely it would of been easier not to offer him any contract?

• @Bluemoon said:

You have no idea what contract he has been offered. How the hell can 99% believe it to be "cack"?
    If Gareth did not wish to retain his services surely it would of been easier not to offer him any contract?

You got me there, ok 98%

• A attacking midfielder with great creativity and flair would be the icing on the cake for our squad next year. Sam Saunders would be perfect.....

• defo need a creative midfielder, still think we need a pacey winger/striker and centre back (as cover)

• We have plenty of players who can cover the centre back Role. Pierre, Rowe, Stewart and Jombati can all sit there. Creative midfielder or 2 is what we are desperate for IMHO of course.

• Isn't Banton a pacy winger/striker ?

• Of corse maybe Kretschmar could develop into an exciting attacking midfielder if he stays injury free and bulks up a bit.

• yes sadly we don't have time to wait for this to happen.

• We will see what's what in the pre season matches, it's clean sheet time, don't buck up, it will bench warming and with no reserve or u21 makes it harder to secure your preferred position for everyone.

Interesting times ahead to see who will be the first 11.

• Harriman signs on loan..,,thoughts?

• ? Sido situation?

• Quality signing, was top notch in his first stint in the famous quarters.

• Good signing. Midfield anchorman i would say. But can cover full back as we have seen

• looks good to me !!

• Really good signing if you ask me.

• Excellent judging by how pi**ed off the Luton fans are on their forum

• Looks to me like we have a sparse squad now but a strong 11 and a enough versatility to cover injuries. I suspect we will see Rowe, Harriman and Bean play a variety of positions across defence and defensive midfield. Likewise, Hayes, Wood, Holloway, Banton and Thompson can be mixed around in attacking positions.

Like everyone else, however, I think we lack a in central midfield with the ability to put their foot on the ball in a tight situation and find a pass. Scowen and Saunders had that quality last season and were a huge influence on our success.

• I'd imagine we'll get at least another player in on loan and Gaz i'm sure knows we need another midfielder at least.

• According to Ainsworth and the chairman , we are to sign two more payers on contract and then loans

• @bourne70 said:
    According to Ainsworth and the chairman , we are to sign two more payers on contract and then loans

Harriman being one of the two. So guess one more player to come to make it 18 players. Hopefully a neat passing Midfielder, who likes to get stuck in and get around field.

• But Harriman is only a loan!

• No , Harriman is on loan ...they have suggested we will sign two more on contract

• Harriman is a loan though Cider.

• Misread this link - http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/wycombe-boss-eyes-two-more-9613568?

"would like a squad of 17 to 18, but finances will dictate. One or two more will be in the squad to start the season though."

Seeing we got 17 now in the squad, never mind.