Skip to content

New signings

Comments

• Striker on a 2 year deal to be announced at 3.15pm

• News of imminent signing at 3.15!!!

• To quote my wife "Sam Saunders is awful good looking" - Irish, don't yer know.

• Scored against us last year?

• Who did?!

• The new striker.

• New striker, didn't say last year though, just that he scored against us last time we met.

• 10 minutes to go,

• Chairboys' new signing hit double figures at a higher level last season - keep your eyes peeled on http://wwfc.com ...

• Garry Thompson

• Sorry to start with a negative - but a 2 year deal for a 34 year old is big

• Very experienced (34) and hit a dozen for Notts County last season.

• Used to play with Hayes at Scunthorpe when they got promoted so could be a decent signing and nice to have a bit more experience in the side.

• If you're going to give a 34 year old a 2 year contract its good to find one with a good fitness record who has played week in week out for his previous clubs.

In the last 4 seasons Thompson has played 46, 46,56 and 45 first team matches.

That's pretty good going by anyone's standards.

Looks a good signing to me.

• I've seen what County fans think on another forum and they say he was crap last season and Ainsworth is stupid for giving him a 2 year deal, sour grapes and he was in a team that got relegated last season and i'm sure GA knows what he's doing as was proved with last seasons signings, could it be the end for Craig though?

• There are plenty of strikers who can still perform at 34 and above. Ramage and Garner spring to mind. The likes of Kevin Phillips and Drogba were prolific scorers at this age at a much higher level.

• Does this suggest Craig is out the door? Surely we don't want three strikers all over the age of 31. Or will Craig be playing in midfield next season?

• if i am honest, i am little disappointing by this signing, 34 on a 2 year deal, really does not make sense to me, he has the same characteristics as Hayes....very confused by this signing

• Jamie Cureton still scores goals at the age of 40 in this division.

• agreed however we have 3/4 strikers with the same characteristics , we need pacy and trickery....i hope to be proved wrong

• Gods sake - have any of you actually seen this chap play. Can you visualise him to know how 'disappointing' he is? Must admit I know very little about him but I have faith in Ainsworth who thus far has worked wonders in the market.

• i have seen him play and he is a good player however i thought and preferred a younger quicker forward, ,buy hey i am here to be proved wring....GA i trust!

• I'll give anyone a chance who signs for us, let's just wait and see what Ainsworth can get out of him he must have a good reason to give him a 2 year deal.

• There's an interview and his goals from last season up on the YouTube page now. How good does the pitch look!

• Everyone cries out for a 10 goal a season man, we sign one, and still people complain.

Seems a good signing to me.

• Most people on here constantly moan Chris, whether it be signings or not processing their season ticket quick enough etc.

• Interesting to see that @blueh_w isn't able to predict the only real transfer so far.

If we signed Cristiano Ronaldo on a free transfer, someone would probably bemoan Ainsworth for not investing in the youth, or picking him over Messi.

• Stood next to Mr Thompson in the ticket office today, he's a powerful looking man. Doubt he will get knocked off the ball easily?