Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• Ffs I’m in 108

• It's not the drumming that'll spoil your day; it's what comes out of his mouth.

• I’m thinking this should be Gasroom 108 not Gasroom 2.0 ?

• @Malone said:

@Twizz said:

@Malone said:

@micra said:
    If @Malone’s theory is correct, you must have married a younger woman ! I’ve given it much thought and realised that I refer to 21st as ‘a week next Saturday’. Would be slightly odd, perhaps, to say ‘I can’t wait for a week next Saturday’. But I must be careful when making arrangements to meet younger folk. Could wind up with wasted food !

A week Saturday is what you should be saying.
    A week next Saturday is clearly the 28th for anyone under 60ish.

This Saturday = 14th
    Next Saturday = 14th
    Saturday week = 21st
    Week next Saturday = 21st

Don't let anyone tell you differently @micra. Are you going to go Wembley on the 21st?

That's just totally bizarre.
    It's either this, or next. It can't be both.

I believe this Saturday (14 May) and next Saturday (14 May), logically, are the same. I agree that May 21 is a week Saturday. Whatever the terminology, none of us can wait for 21 May. But I fear we may have to.

Sadly, @Twizz, I’m not well/mobile enough to go to Wembley but will be there in spirit of course.
    We went to the Swan this evening to see the Wild Murphy s. Excellent Pogues, Saw Doctors, Dubliners etc cover band. Managed stairs (one at a time!) going down but lift going up. But the biggest fear are the bouts of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation which come more or less completely out of the blue. Don’t want to risk being a ‘medical emergency’ causing the match to be suspended !! That would be the ultimate example of Wycombe shithousery.

• Had a laugh reading the last couple of pages, hopefully I'm far enough away from the drummer in 109.

When someone pointed him out walking up the steps to take his seat at MK it was met groans and oh ffs shouts.

Maybe he'll practise now he's on the biggest stage of them all or even better he forgets his drum but still comes and sings along with everyone else.

• So how many have you sold so far.

• Yes, he was just far enough away from me at MK not to produce a headache...
    'The drum on your big day out! The drum on your big day out...'

• @Safc_in_peace said:
    So how many have you sold so far.

About 6k last I saw, but only around 2.5k people are in the first phase till Friday.

• I did not realise 108 was the family section. I must start paying more attention.

• @Username said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

About 6k last I saw, but only around 2.5k people are in the first phase till Friday.

Ok just asking as a season card holder I am getting concerned that I might miss out on the Sunderland allocation as I want a ticket for my son as well and they are going fast, if we sell out, how would you feel about sensible Sunderland fan fans buying tickets in your end? I would rather the RFL saw sense and allocated more tickets than the 37k they have given us up to now., but if we don’t get more we will find ways of getting tickets.

• edited May 2022

I'm in 102 with.....

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Username said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

Ok just asking as a season card holder I am getting concerned that I might miss out on the Sunderland allocation as I want a ticket for my son as well and they are going fast, if we sell out, how would you feel about sensible Sunderland fan fans buying tickets in your end? I would rather the RFL saw sense and allocated more tickets than the 37k they have given us up to now., but if we don’t get more we will find ways of getting tickets.

That you shouldn’t be there.

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Username said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

Don't do it. We're not even open to non-season ticket holders yet

• edited May 2022

@wendoverman, I think 108 is OK to buy in as there's 1,700 there and we surely don't have more than 3,500 season ticket holders, and surely not even 1/6th of these are kids?
    So plenty of room for every kid who is a STH to have bought in there.

And to be honest anywhere in the ground is probably a good view. It's no Luton!

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Username said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

Just do what you want mate and keep it to yourself

• I’d be very surprised if Sunderland aren’t getting at least 4k-5k of extra tickets (from the 9k difference between our maximum allocation and their starting allocation) and possibly a lot more.

Sunderland and Wycombe general sale windows start at exactly the same time on Monday, so suspect this is deliberate to stop Sunderland fans buying in the Wycombe end if there is no need.

Guess we’ll have a better idea when we see what blocks are released for us next - if it’s the top tier rather than further round in the bottom tier.

• Personally I wouldn't mind seeing discreet Sunderland fans in the Wycombe end. But if it deprives Wycombe fans of tickets that's a bit unfair.

• There's absolutely no need for Sunderland fans to go in the Wycombe end - they'll get plenty of tickets of their own

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    There's absolutely no need for Sunderland fans to go in the Wycombe end - they'll get plenty of tickets of their own

That is what we are hoping for, but the EFL have not even hinted at giving extra tickets. It would calm things down if they did say that that was a possibility.

I am old enough to remember 1973, hen Leeds put FA Cup final tickets on sale , first come first served, while we had an allocation system in place. Fans organised buses to go down Leeds on mass and sleep out over night to buy tickets, we really are that insane.

All we want is a clear message from the EFL about what they will be doing with the 10,000 or so “spare tickets”. We won’t sell all of those but we might sell the 37k, resulting n panic buying of tickets.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    There's absolutely no need for Sunderland fans to go in the Wycombe end - they'll get plenty of tickets of their own

That said, they shouldn't be allowed any in the 'Wycombe half' of the stadium - that would be an unfair advantage. If there's a big gap (we won't sell more than 25k) then so be it.

• I've worded that badly, but I what I mean is neither club at a neutral venue should be allowed more than 50% of the seats - otherwise you lose that neutrality...

• edited May 2022

I'm guessing you were happy for Winkleman then to leave thousands of empty seats at Stadium MK last week that could've been sold to our fans?

Given we get a share of the gate it's in our interest for Sunderland to sell all the tickets they possibly can. Plus, as Ainsworth said eloquently last week, after the two years we've all had we should be finding a way for everyone who wants a ticket to get one for occasions like this.

Finally, the bigger the Sunderland crowd the more pressure on their team, and arguably the more our lads feel like underdogs. This could be a huge factor to our advantage.

• @username123 said:
    I’m thinking this should be Gasroom 108 not Gasroom 2.0 ?

I think debate about the drummer counts as Gas Room 101.

• edited May 2022

@Last_Quarter How is MK leaving a load of empty seats in the away end of thheir own stadium comparable to giving one team a larger proportion of the seats at a neutral venue?

• But by your argument it stopped being neutral the moment Sunderland were given a larger ticket allocation than us?

Sunderland are going to sell more tickets than us. My view is to let them get on with it and embrace it.

• Fwiw I do think what MK did was petty

• edited May 2022

@Last_Quarter said:
    But by your argument it stopped being neutral the moment Sunderland were given a larger ticket allocation than us?

Sunderland are going to sell more tickets than us. My view is to let them get on with it and embrace it.

That's a fair point, but I still don't think they should be allowed to 'encroach' beyond halfway. The two clubs should have equal territory.

• I was reliably informed by a regular that 108 was a good spot @Malone and I don't mind the kids myself as long as they are not sweary percussionists.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I was reliably informed by a regular that 108 was a good spot @Malone and I don't mind the kids myself as long as they are not sweary percussionists.

Read that as 'sweaty percussionists' - which is also true tbf

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Atmosphere > view for a final imo, but as long as you're not right at the front then the view from the bottom tier is totally fine

We're going to need to create all the atmosphere we can. Where do you think our most vocal fans are likely to congregate?