Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• Does anybody know what happened for the Man City v Gillingham League One Playoff? I know it was a while ago.

• @wingnut said:
    Why all the fuss about segregation when outside the stadium and on public transport everybody is in it together? Is duffing up the other team's supporters now a normal part of football culture? It used not to be.

On the contrary, it used to be virtually compulsory. Things are far better now but no-one wants to risk things going backwards. There are always enough idiots about to ruin things for the decent majority.

(and despite being one of the decent majority who would never hit or harass an opposition fan, I do like some segregation as it adds to the tribal atmosphere of games that you lack at rugby for example.)

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Username said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. I certainly don't think it should be allowed to be, say, 20,000 Wycombe and 60,000 Sunderland (which they would easily sell).

Would they? Last time didn't sell out

Really? Surprised by that! They've got a massive fan base.

It's still expensive and a long way, therefore even more expensive for them and they've been to Wembley a few times recently and hardly been pride of the city in recent years

• edited May 2022

"Last time" they went to Wembley twice in 2 months - the Mickey Mouse Cup and the play-offs. Mickey Mouse was vs Pompey and the club massively hyped it, Play-offs obviously was less time to 'build up' and a double-whammy for the northern pocket.

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Username said:

@Safc_in_peace said:
    So how many have you sold so far.

About 6k last I saw, but only around 2.5k people are in the first phase till Friday.

Ok just asking as a season card holder I am getting concerned that I might miss out on the Sunderland allocation as I want a ticket for my son as well and they are going fast, if we sell out, how would you feel about sensible Sunderland fan fans buying tickets in your end? I would rather the RFL saw sense and allocated more tickets than the 37k they have given us up to now., but if we don’t get more we will find ways of getting tickets.

Wycombe is a really welcoming club and hopefully you enjoyed hospitality at AP more than once during your current tenure in the 3rd division. If a SAFC fan can sit there calmly as they are 1-0 up with moments to go, or 1-0 down with a chance to level in injury time then they are a better person than me. And whilst you seem a perfectly civil chap the last thing we want is the day soured for families and kids due to to conflict between fans. I very much doubt if it will 'kick off' but none of us want any conflict on what should be a carnival day.

• I was thinking of games at Loakes Park with no segregation and no bother that I can ever remember. The tribal atmosphere that you mention is exactly what puts so many people off football. Also when it comes to selling out nobody has mentioned the price of the tickets. That, on top of travel, food and maybe overnight accommodation adds up to a tidy sum from the North East. We are fortunate in being so near and with good transport links. I only hope that should it go to extra time and penalties the railway is prepared as they definitely weren't at the Southend playoff final. I vowed never to go by train again.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Username said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. I certainly don't think it should be allowed to be, say, 20,000 Wycombe and 60,000 Sunderland (which they would easily sell).

Would they? Last time didn't sell out

Really? Surprised by that! They've got a massive fan base.

It's still expensive and a long way, therefore even more expensive for them and they've been to Wembley a few times recently and hardly been pride of the city in recent years

Of course, although that'll be offset somewhat by a sizeable chunk of fans further south

• The whole thing is getting rather tiresome to me. Should be really looking forward to it but the pricey tickets with lack of choice and all the sniping back and forth on social media is annoying.

Add to that the plethora of rules and regulations we have to abide by and the large crowds (never been a fan of people working in retail)

But I'll get my ticket eventually and make the best of the day as the one thing we cannot guarantee is the result.

• edited May 2022

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@Username said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

About 6k last I saw, but only around 2.5k people are in the first phase till Friday.

Ok just asking as a season card holder I am getting concerned that I might miss out on the Sunderland allocation as I want a ticket for my son as well and they are going fast, if we sell out, how would you feel about sensible Sunderland fan fans buying tickets in your end? I would rather the RFL saw sense and allocated more tickets than the 37k they have given us up to now., but if we don’t get more we will find ways of getting tickets.

Wycombe is a really welcoming club and hopefully you enjoyed hospitality at AP more than once during your current tenure in the 3rd division. If a SAFC fan can sit there calmly as they are 1-0 up with moments to go, or 1-0 down with a chance to level in injury time then they are a better person than me. And whilst you seem a perfectly civil chap the last thing we want is the day soured for families and kids due to to conflict between fans. I very much doubt if it will 'kick off' but none of us want any conflict on what should be a carnival day.

I just don't believe anyone could go in the wrong end for such a high stakes game and keep quiet after a stoppage-time winner or something - they wouldn't be human of they did!

• @wingnut said:
    Why all the fuss about segregation when outside the stadium and on public transport everybody is in it together? Is duffing up the other team's supporters now a normal part of football culture? It used not to be.

Probably because it's the game itself that invites the abusive wretched side of a person's character out, and if someone from the other side is acting that way near you, it guarantees a scuffle or 2?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@Username said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

Yep.
    Also Wembley if internationals are anything to go off is the absolute worst ground in the country to expect stewards to step in and do anything if something does go off.
    They'll tend to be 20 year old agency kids, in it for an easy ride.

As opposed to the Wimbledon crack outfit who relished bundling in 4 deep and carting people one limb each.

• @Hopping_Wanderer said:
    The whole thing is getting rather tiresome to me. Should be really looking forward to it but the pricey tickets with lack of choice and all the sniping back and forth on social media is annoying.

Add to that the plethora of rules and regulations we have to abide by and the large crowds (never been a fan of people working in retail)

But I'll get my ticket eventually and make the best of the day as the one thing we cannot guarantee is the result.

The build up and game will be wonderful, the game will be what it will, as long as you can get a ticket, and most will I'd suggest ignoring the side shows

• @wingnut said:
    I was thinking of games at Loakes Park with no segregation and no bother that I can ever remember. The tribal atmosphere that you mention is exactly what puts so many people off football. Also when it comes to selling out nobody has mentioned the price of the tickets. That, on top of travel, food and maybe overnight accommodation adds up to a tidy sum from the North East. We are fortunate in being so near and with good transport links. I only hope that should it go to extra time and penalties the railway is prepared as they definitely weren't at the Southend playoff final. I vowed never to go by train again.

I think the rose tinted glasses on Mr Wing, whilst Loakes Park was not a notorious battlefield, far more hooliganism happened on the terraces at Loakes Park, than has ever occurred at Adam's Park.

The whole thing is getting rather tiresome to me. Should be really looking forward to it but the pricey tickets with lack of choice and all the sniping back and forth on social media is annoying.

Bearing in mind wycombe charge £28 for their top priced ticket, and there's a £30 & £40 tier at Wembley, how cheap did you expect?

• I remember the game v Middlesbrough at Loakes Park and sitting right near their supporters and hearing them cry out "give us a kick". People seemed much more laid back about football in those days on the whole.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Does anybody know what happened for the Man City v Gillingham League One Playoff? I know it was a while ago.

Was about half and half of 77,000. Gillingham have a huge day tripper support.

Biggest imbalance I can remember in a play off is 2009 League One, Millwall took 49000 to Scunthorpes 10000 (Scunthorpe of course won).

• I have sat in with home fans in the past. I introduced myself to those sitting around me and had a good chat about the teams and the game and agreed that I would keep any celebrations civil, but that I would celebrate a goal. It has always gone well and ended with handshakes all round at the end of the game. Really that is how it should be .

• Was that about 1957 @Safc_in_peace ? :smile:

Cheer up @Hopping_Wanderer I paid £42 for the ticket which was actually less than I was expecting for a big day out, and chose where I sat, haven't been on anyone else's social media. Not sure I understand the second sentence at all. As for your last sentence I hope to God you don't end up in an exorbitantly expensive seat next to the drummer...that will cast a cloud over your experience. :smile:

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I just don't believe anyone could go in the wrong end for such a high stakes game and keep quiet after a stoppage-time winner or something - they wouldn't be human of they did!

I was in the Filbert Street Kip when Roy Essandoh’s goal went in and I kept bloody quiet. I believe myself to be more or less human

• Kop not Kip, obvs

• There were a lot of wycombe fans in the home end at Northampton

• @OakwoodExile said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

I was in the Filbert Street Kip when Roy Essandoh’s goal went in and I kept bloody quiet. I believe myself to be more or less human

That must have taken some serious self control!

• He was asleep.

• A fair few of us were in with the home fans at White Hart Lane. I thought we’d done a reasonable job of hiding our allegiance, only to be commiserated by the fans in the row in front as they left on the final whistle…

• @Glenactico said:

@OakwoodExile said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

That must have taken some serious self control!

No it took the ability to be a grown up, talk to the fans around you as equals and accept it was a game and not life and death, if they scored I clapped and discussed our defensive failings, when we scored I jump up and celebrated then talked about the goal. The key was letting those around me my allegiance before kick off so there were no surprises. I think the worst thing is to have someone celebrating a goal out of the blue. You need to be both confident and civilised to pull it off, but it is worth it, I have had some of my best football chats sitting with opposition fans.

• Stupid question, hopefully someone can advise (couldn’t get hold of the ticket office).

When I go into my ticket account, I can download the ticket I’be bought (which looks like a Wembley ticket with a QR code).

Or you can send it to yourself via SMS (which produces a screen like one we would use to enter Adams Park, showing all the detail and a QR code)

Did both and the QR codes look slightly different. Would either version work at the gate?

Also if you screenshot the QR code and send to a friend would it still work ok?

Sorry for the stupid questions!

• I just downloaded individual tickets to PDF then send to my friends their individual tickets. I guess they will print them out but not certain if they have too or not

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Stupid question, hopefully someone can advise (couldn’t get hold of the ticket office).

When I go into my ticket account, I can download the ticket I’be bought (which looks like a Wembley ticket with a QR code).

Or you can send it to yourself via SMS (which produces a screen like one we would use to enter Adams Park, showing all the detail and a QR code)

Did both and the QR codes look slightly different. Would either version work at the gate?

Also if you screenshot the QR code and send to a friend would it still work ok?

Sorry for the stupid questions!

If you've downloaded something or had it texted to you, you can send it on to someone else without the screenshotting and it'll still work. It'll likely work if screenshotted too, just mentioning that you don't need that step.

• Must be printed in full colour according to the instructions. Hopefully the QR code will work just fine and justify the £2 booking fee per ticket