Skip to content

Play-off final ticket details

Comments

• @micra said:

@Username said:
    Next Saturday, as in not this Saturday

Maybe I’m in a minority of one but if I invited someone to come round for dinner next Saturday I’d be surprised if they didn’t turn up on 14 May!

This is most definitely an age thing. My parents think the same as you.

For most people "next Saturday" is the following one. Because there's a "this Saturday" up first.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Safc_in_peace said:
    Not getting at your fan base, as those who have seen my other posts will hopefully agree I don’t do that. How many fans do you think you will take to the final, do you think you will take up the full 37k available?

It's possible but really difficult to guess, we fairly obviously don't have that many regulars but nobody really knows how many occasionals and day trippers will come along. Tbh the club will be well aware that some of those introduced in this way tend to hang around so they will push it for that as much as any bragging about support. There will be blocks that aren't on sale yet that will go your way if you sell your initial allocation quicker than we do and as we tend to remember at these points it's pretty rare after much haggling that those on either side who go regularly and can operate a web browser or a phone won't get in somehow.

Yes we have a few panicking that we only have 37k so far, so any news on getting extra tickets will calm them down. I have to say interest for this one is higher than the last play off against Charlton.

If we are getting more, it would be better to find out sooner rather than latter, otherwise you might find a lot of “day trippers” from Sunderland joining you.

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Safc_in_peace said:
    Not getting at your fan base, as those who have seen my other posts will hopefully agree I don’t do that. How many fans do you think you will take to the final, do you think you will take up the full 37k available?

It's possible but really difficult to guess, we fairly obviously don't have that many regulars but nobody really knows how many occasionals and day trippers will come along. Tbh the club will be well aware that some of those introduced in this way tend to hang around so they will push it for that as much as any bragging about support. There will be blocks that aren't on sale yet that will go your way if you sell your initial allocation quicker than we do and as we tend to remember at these points it's pretty rare after much haggling that those on either side who go regularly and can operate a web browser or a phone won't get in somehow.

Yes we have a few panicking that we only have 37k so far, so any news on getting extra tickets will calm them down. I have to say interest for this one is higher than the last play off against Charlton.

If we are getting more, it would be better to find out sooner rather than latter, otherwise you might find a lot of “day trippers” from Sunderland joining you.

They'll either need a season ticket or be on the Ticketing system I'd imagine.

• @Malone said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

Nah, anyone can buy in phase 3 - and I suspect we'll have a fair few Geordies joining us...

• Hi all. I'm taking my 5 year old son with me. Do you think behind the goal in Cat 4 he will struggle to see with people standing up? Is it safer to go on the sides?

I know nobody can tell me for sure but has anyone had any bad experiences.

• There is a family section on sale which might be a good option?

• The Southend final was a nightmare when I had 2 little kids and my elderly father. The kids had to stand on their seats to see over everyone else standing but then got hassled by the people behind us.

Family stand def the way to go with little uns.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

Nah, anyone can buy in phase 3 - and I suspect we'll have a fair few Geordies joining us...

Only if the EFL don’t open other blocks. But they are not known for their common sense. While I think both sets of fans could mix without bother, there is always the risk that you get one idiot who kicks off.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Hi all. I'm taking my 5 year old son with me. Do you think behind the goal in Cat 4 he will struggle to see with people standing up? Is it safer to go on the sides?

I know nobody can tell me for sure but has anyone had any bad experiences.

Hi @thecatwwfc against Southend I grabbed the cheapest seats in block 104 or 105 then moved to one of the many hundred seats with a much better view like most others did around me ?. View was good when we moved and I felt rather close to the coaching staff and subs on the side which was a bonus.

I think the point some have missed is they will open up more blocks BEFORE we sell out the initial allocation, obviously the quicker the initial demand grows to a sizeable figure the quicker these will become available.

• @micra said:

@Username said:
    Next Saturday, as in not this Saturday

Maybe I’m in a minority of one but if I invited someone to come round for dinner next Saturday I’d be surprised if they didn’t turn up on 14 May!

My wife thinks ‘Next Saturday’ is the 21st whereas I think it is the 14th, like you @micra. We see the world a little differently sometimes.

• If @Malone’s theory is correct, you must have married a younger woman ! I’ve given it much thought and realised that I refer to 21st as ‘a week next Saturday’. Would be slightly odd, perhaps, to say ‘I can’t wait for a week next Saturday’. But I must be careful when making arrangements to meet younger folk. Could wind up with wasted food !

• @micra said:
    If @Malone’s theory is correct, you must have married a younger woman ! I’ve given it much thought and realised that I refer to 21st as ‘a week next Saturday’. Would be slightly odd, perhaps, to say ‘I can’t wait for a week next Saturday’. But I must be careful when making arrangements to meet younger folk. Could wind up with wasted food !

A week Saturday is what you should be saying.
    A week next Saturday is clearly the 28th for anyone under 60ish.

• @Username said:
    Top of the bottom tier is the best at Wembley from experience, or front couple of rows of the top/ middle but you have no choice of seats within the block to choose that.

Every seat is a good view of the pitch though

@Lloyd2084 said:
    The Southend final was a nightmare when I had 2 little kids and my elderly father. The kids had to stand on their seats to see over everyone else standing but then got hassled by the people behind us.

Family stand def the way to go with little uns.

I’d expect most people in the lower tier in 109-114 to be standing. Best bet would be to book along the side/family stand section

• The "singing" section and at at least the ones directly next to them will be stood for 90 minutes.

• Is bi weekly twice a week or every two weeks?

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    If @Malone’s theory is correct, you must have married a younger woman ! I’ve given it much thought and realised that I refer to 21st as ‘a week next Saturday’. Would be slightly odd, perhaps, to say ‘I can’t wait for a week next Saturday’. But I must be careful when making arrangements to meet younger folk. Could wind up with wasted food !

A week Saturday is what you should be saying.
    A week next Saturday is clearly the 28th for anyone under 60ish.

This Saturday = 14th
    Next Saturday = 14th
    Saturday week = 21st
    Week next Saturday = 21st

Don't let anyone tell you differently @micra. Are you going to go Wembley on the 21st?

• Tickets secured! Que sera, sera

• How do I select a seat on the site? I've tried clicking and double-clickung but it doesn't seem to work.

• Trying to book. Can't get past the mandatory details on the page.

• @Uncle_T said:
    How do I select a seat on the site? I've tried clicking and double-clickung but it doesn't seem to work.

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but don't select the ones greyed out. The vast majority of seats in the central areas are now sold.

• @TwinBrother said:
    Trying to book. Can't get past the mandatory details on the page.

If you’re where I think you are, then I think you need to assign an identifier to each ticket. I’ve assigned the same one to each of the tickets I’ve bought (my ticket account username) and it’s worked fine.

• According to my ticket I have to be in the ground by 1:30 - is that a new thing?

• It looks like we’ve sold a lot of tickets in the first hour. Very little left in the lower categories in blocks 109-113. Not much along the side either.

• Sussed it out, eventually. I was seeing seats displayed with different colour edging and thinking the black-edged ones were sold and the others not. Finally realised those were all sold and the unsold ones were off-screen. My excuse is I'm in the US on business, so a bit early in the morning for my brain to be functioning properly.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    According to my ticket I have to be in the ground by 1:30 - is that a new thing?

No. You can also completely ignore it. I think its a covid hangover when they were trying to enforce social distancing, we had it for the England games during the Euros.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    According to my ticket I have to be in the ground by 1:30 - is that a new thing?

No. You can also completely ignore it. I think its a covid hangover when they were trying to enforce social distancing, we had it for the England games during the Euros.

Decent, cheers! I thought it was a ploy to make us all drink overpriced piss on the concourse.

• Feeling a little bit conned as I feel the decent seats will be released once the rush has died down but I can't be sure

• edited May 2022

Wouldn't seem to work on mobile but secured on my laptop.
    Will the "decent seats" be even more expensive? Wembley is obviously massive so you don't get a great view of the whole pitch without being miles from it. Always a bit of a trade off, have gone for low down this time to be nearer to the the players and hopefully the celebrations

• I've been to the new Wembley a fair few times and I'd say there's not a bad view in the whole place

• Havent had a chance yet does this mean im stuffed?