Skip to content

Match day thread: play-offs Away Leg

Comments

• We really dont do easy do we

Gawd think Ive aged 20 years over the course of that second leg, but did managed a wee dance round the sitting room when the final whistle went.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    We really dont do easy do we

Gawd think Ive aged 20 years over the course of that second leg, but did managed a wee dance round the sitting room when the final whistle went.

Just said the same thing - though might have done a wee at the final whistle rather than a wee dance.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    We really dont do easy do we

I only got as far as the wee

• Fans were superb all game too - credit to every one of them.

• I can't remember if Newcastle Utd ever played in the third tier of the top of my head as if they did I'd obviously add them too.

• Really not quite sure what happened there but at the same time you have to love it. Hope Mehmeti might be back for the final and we surprise thems that are 10000000% sure we'll lose.

• @DevC said:
    Final likely to be the biggest crowd Wycombe have ever played in front of??

No idea, but given the capacity of Wembley in 1931 and 1957 I wouldn't bet on it.

• How blessed we are to have Garreth

• Mackie looking like his dog just pissed on his new suit. He's hating this.

• I can't wait for the next opposition view.

• good - he really is a classless salty tosser

• edited May 2022

I hope Liam Manning gets snapped up by a proper club this summer - he's too good for that lot, as a coach and a bloke

• Very likely, along with Twine and Corbeanu quite possibly.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Mackie looking like his dog just pissed on his new suit. He's hating this.

Who is he? I assumed someone hadn't turned up so they'd just grabbed an inarticulate MK customer out of the crowd.

• Brilliant performance by the fans. That one really backfired on Winkleman.

Very likely, along with Twine and Corbeanu quite possibly.

Corbeanu is on loan.

• Only one team has ever won the play-offs, got relegated then won them again the next season

• We screwed them over both legs. Ainsworth

• @drcongo said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

Who is he? I assumed someone hadn't turned up so they'd just grabbed an inarticulate MK customer out of the crowd.

He played in the Agüero game don't you know...

• @drcongo said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

Corbeanu is on loan.

Ah, even better.

• Great interview by Gaz, passionate, articulate, funny, and technical, he's a credit to football.

Hates wycombe Sam Saunders doing well not to lump him one. Didn’t acknowledge we were the best side in first leg .

• These two games were a case study in the dangers of the loan market for L1 clubs. Lots of talent, but no connection with the club, no experience of dealing the pressure, no sense that their long term careers hang on the result.

Twine will absolutely be off - first 'full' season in L1 and already clearly far too good for the level

• I'd love this match to be the one that sends MK spiralling into oblivion. As has been said on here a lot of their best players are out of contract and wanted by bigger clubs including the manager. So they might have an awful next season flirting with or getting relegated. That wanker Winkelmann might say enough's enough and lose interest and disappear. Only dodgy types will be interested in taking over such a faceless soulless fake club with no proper fans and whoever it is will hopefully just have asset stripping in mind (if that's possible with their ground arrangement with the council - but he could have everything else) and the year after let's hope relegation to the National League with all those fake 'fans' deserting them as the free tickets dry up and then the whole thing going bust. And no one even interested in forming a phoenix club because there's no club or history to bother reviving.

Then bring back that perennially unsuccessful Milton Keynes Borough or City or whatever they were called and see if they can progress legitimately - but I doubt it as the franchise "fans" will all be off to watch War of the Monster Trucks, WWF Wrestling or American Football or some other shit instead.

Oh what a great day for football that would be. Better than Man Utd being relegated to the third tier even.

• Did anyone see Parry on the pitch? Wtf?.? Nearly gave him a standing ovation in out house!

PS Beeks was in a shot with Sir Pete Couhig. Is he still hanging around our club? Shouldn’t he have been at a Wasps game?

Oh, and we’re all going to Wemberlyyyyy!

• About as one sided a game as you will see.
    However, we defended every corner and every attack like lions! Defensively solid (apart from a few silly fouls).

People slating the way we approached it - what alternative would you have proposed? The game, over two legs, could not have gone any better (for the level we are at).

They finished 3rd for a reason. They are a very good footballing side and we were never going to beat them at their own game. It was always going to be nicking a goal from a set piece, or a counter attack.

Well done boys!! You put your bodies on the line!

• Rather weird

• edited May 2022

This bloke seems to be the head of sport at BBC Sheffield. Wednesday in the final, anyone?