Skip to content

Match day thread: play-offs Away Leg

Comments

• why are we so negative in the game allowing them to have most of the play .

• We have played exactly as we shouldn’t have. And if we make the second standard substitution in a few minutes (Bayo for Vokes), we’ll be done if we let in a goal.

• Paris Cowan-Hall is in the away end

• It's not easy to watch, but we have done an excellent job of absorbing and taking the sting out of it the last 15 mins or so

• Will Sky ever learn to not show replays when the ball is in play?

• They've been doing that since they started its so bloody annoying and countless times over the years because of it they've missed important incidents. That's Sky though almost as fake as MK Franchise.

• How much Fergie time are
    the scoundrels going to get?

• Please no Real Madrid City madness now!

• cant beleive how poor we have been

• edited May 2022

WEMBERLEY WEMBERLEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• YES!

• I have a tear or 2. WEMBLEY

• The ESPN+ commentator could not be more upset.

• Fuck me I'm a nervous wreck

• Just like felt after England got to wembley last year but lets hope Wycombe go one better. Sunderland and wednesday don't look as dangerous as MK Dons. Who lost , Ha Ha Ha!

• "They are very fortunate to go through on that display, Wycombe"

Fuck off Mackie you bitter tosser

• @floyd said:
    The ESPN+ commentator could not be more upset.

He'll have to take off his lucky MK undies tonight, poor chap.

• I was 43 before the game, but eligible for retirement now.

• Huge credit to the Wycombe fans. Only heard MK sing their one song right at the start and right at the end.

That was horrible to watch though.

• Wow. Painful to watch but wow. Just bloody wow. I love Wycombe.

• I've been crapping myself all day now i'm gonna get wankered on Somerset farmhouse cidere. YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

• Ha, JJ just said 'fuck' on live telly.

• Look how happy Sammy Vokes is.

• @floyd said:
    The ESPN+ commentator could not be more upset.

He could be Jamie Mackie.

• We just did serious damage to MK's aspirations as a club too. They will almost certainly lose Scott Twine, and it would not surprise me if someone comes in for their manager (who to be fair, seems a decent enough chap).

Whatever happens in the final, we have recycled some plastic today!

• That was tough, it would have been much tougher if Milton Keynes had any sort of home field advantage. Luckily their customers were happy just to sit and watch.

WEM-BER-LEEEE!

• Final likely to be the biggest crowd Wycombe have ever played in front of??

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Ha, JJ just said 'fuck' on live telly.

Hasn't he done that before too?

• The first* match I ever remember matching live on telly (round my aunty and uncles) as they had a colour one)was ironically the Sunderland Leeds FA Cup Final in 1973 which was just like we've seen today but even more desperate for Sunderland - Sunderland scored with their one attack and withstood an almost 100% onslaught of Leeds with Jim Montgomery performing all sorts of acrobatics to keep them in it.

*Well as a 7 year old the year before I remember watching the previous FA Cup Leeds vs Arsenal but was too young to remember anything about it except that Leeds won 1-0 I and watched it by myself not going round to my aunties and uncles with my dad and my other uncle to watch it that year being too young. But I remember a lot about the Sunderland win.

And that's who we could be playing at Wembley.

It should a great occasion with the other club being such a massive one - people moan about Sunderland an Sheff Wed's sense of entitlement on here but who in League One could it be better to be playing at Wembley than one of those two. Only Man City. Leeds and Aston Villa have been as big in the third tier probably ever.