Skip to content

Match day thread: play-offs Away Leg

Comments

• God we've started terribly

• This is my first exposure to this stadium and I’ve got to say the atmosphere is just as weird as I thought it would be.

• Get the hairdryer ready, Gaz. This has not been good enough.

• Watching on telly, great effort from our fans - doing the club proud.
    COYMB!

• We can’t seem to get on the same page tonight.

• Also, Allsop would have been getting abuse left, right and centre if he'd made the mistake Stocko did for the goal

• JJ is getting absolutely burned, need Obita LB

• Agreed what was he doing for the goal... half hearted attempt to make a save

• Kaikai on for Jacobsen with Obita dropping in to LB

• I still think we need a slight shape change and another spoiler in midfield

• Great opportunity for GMac on the counter. I think Horgan would have been the better option there. We will count ourselves lucky to be going in 1 down as they could be 2 or 3 up. Big 45 coming up.

• Not ideal but we are still not only in it but in the lead, heads up, reorganise, re-engage, room for Wing fairly soon, remind forwards to take a punt a bit, let's fkn go. These bastards deserve nothing.

• I'd like to see us keep possession a bit more. We're not getting pressured when we do have it, but we're still lumping it long and losing possession nearly every time. Very, very odd performance so far.

• Big team talk from GA at half time. Keep the faith COYB

• Having seen the goal again, not sure Stocko is at fault after all. I'd point the finger more at Stewart for instructing such a bizarrely high line before the cross came in.

• Well we can’t play as poorly second half. Did exactly what we all said we shouldn’t - we stood off. We won Thursday cos of the energy and press.
    Big team y’all required as some players are second and that’s not us. .

• Havnt read any other comments so not sure what everyone else thinks, but for such an important match and after Thursday, that's a pretty poor showing so far. Big 2nd half needed here

• edited May 2022

Sammy Saunders spot on - stop getting exposed 1v1! It's happening all over and we look totally flustered. But no changes...

• I take that back - we have worked out that JJ needs a hand, Obita getting back to double up with him on Corbeanu

• Wow what a tackle from JJ.

• Wing for Gape, please.

• The stats are appalling MK 17 shots against Wycombe's one. Although saying that MK have only got 2 on target.

• You are either be capable of parking the bus and grinding out something or you're not and Wycombe haven't got that quality at the moment - the only way to get something out of this match is to take the game to the Franchise like they did at Adams Park.

• This isn't good at all - made eben worse by it being MK the only team that rival my loathing for Man Utd. If this goes to penalties I wont be watching I also jinx them - remember making a trip down to Wycombe for the Euro final and watched it in the Hour Glass a surreal day with England being in their first final in my footballing memory and everyone in the nation watching it but as usual whoever I'm supporting loses on penalties. I keep typing these because I'm so nervous watching.

• who remembers England Italy when we sat back after takin the lead and they were all over us like franchise today but as soon as England started attacking again in extra time the Italians were shitting it an if anyone looked like scoring again it was us. So take a leaf out of England's book and start bloody attacking Wycombe.

• Apart from anything else we look really tired.

• I'm hoping I'm going to make something happen here, trust me.... but is this McCleary's worst game of the season?

• The sheer negativity of our approach. So much for not just sitting back and soaking up pressure!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I'm hoping I'm going to make something happen here, trust me.... but is this McCleary's worst game of the season?

I agree doesn't seem up for it

• But I think there's only one thing for it now: engage shithouse mode!