Skip to content

Match day thread: play-offs Away Leg

Comments

• Garner's pre-match preparation was a couple of Woodbines.

• @Chris said:
    I wonder if Simon Garner had the same pre-match fitness routine before the playoffs back in 1994.

That would have been a tremendous YouTube channel

• The greatest of all time

"I've gone for Benson and Hedges today, and I've left the tea bag in the cup a bit longer."

• @eric_plant said:
    The greatest of all time

"I've gone for Benson and Hedges today, and I've left the tea bag in the cup a bit longer."

Making me go all teary eyed, just thinking about it. Although didn't he also like a pint of ale at HT?

• @eric_plant said:
    I reckon they welcome the nagging! Makes their job a lot easier if there's someone behind them reading the game telling them where to be

I reckon they appreciate it most of the time too.

I am an abject footballer, but play noticeably better when alongside a very competent semi-pro player, who spends the entire game marshalling me into the right positions from CB.

• @eric_plant said:
    Found the game footage absolutely fascinating. Goes to show that it doesn't really matter who is wearing the captain's armband (although I'm sure it's a great honour to wear it) you can still be a leader.

Just love how much he dedicates himself to the sport, and how he "lives the life" away from the training ground as well as when he's there. This is someone getting the very best out of himself by doing everything he can.

I'm a little confused by him shouting "J... J... take the corner" just before the corner from which we scored (23:17). I'm quietly confident he would have done anyway Taf! I too found the footage fascinating though, quite an insight.

• @YorkExile said:

@eric_plant said:
    Found the game footage absolutely fascinating. Goes to show that it doesn't really matter who is wearing the captain's armband (although I'm sure it's a great honour to wear it) you can still be a leader.

Just love how much he dedicates himself to the sport, and how he "lives the life" away from the training ground as well as when he's there. This is someone getting the very best out of himself by doing everything he can.

I'm a little confused by him shouting "J... J... take the corner" just before the corner from which we scored (23:17). I'm quietly confident he would have done anyway Taf! I too found the footage fascinating though, quite an insight.

We watched most of the previous episode, quite Alan Partridge in places, also can't help wondering if he shouts all that during games where he isn't being followed by his camera and wether they listen to him at all.

• I was shocked to see he went to Asda initially for his First Defence cold remedy, only popping round to Waitrose when it was out of stock! Had him down as a Waitrose kind-a-guy especially as so handy in Beaconsfield!

• Watch it young @perfidious_albion ! Online supermarket of the year in 2020 and 2021.

• @micra said:
    Watch it young @perfidious_albion ! Online supermarket of the year in 2020 and 2021.

So Taff should have ordered on-line or click and collect or had some as a store cupboard staple.

• Loved his video. The guy is so devoted to fitness, can he really have been in Revs knocking back the shots?

Cloughie would have had them all on the beer the night before Sunday’s match at MK. ‘Calm down lads and relax, worry about us not them’.

• This is just 7 minutes of 'come on! ohhh!' but I quite enjoyed it.

• @floyd said:
    I enjoyed this more and more:

Indeed. What a nice young man, eh.

• The overactive Diane Abbot mouth is a bit uncomfortable (and I think he might struggle as a ventriloquist) but I thought he did a really good job with a rare combination of bias and balance.

• He has grown on me, even for a plastic follower. I think it's because he has a more balanced view.

• We perhaps should invite him to a match next season, perhaps when the franchise are not playing. He did seem to talk quite longingly about the togetherness of our crowd at the end of the vlog. I think he mentioned he has a long journey to mk at the beginning.

• @micra said:
    The overactive Diane Abbot mouth is a bit uncomfortable (and I think he might struggle as a ventriloquist) but I thought he did a really good job with a rare combination of bias and balance.

Very unusual delivery, but seemed a sound enough chap.

• He's a Fleetwood fan

• What was the Whoscored rating for the MK winger in the second leg?

I have a theory that he threatened much but actually delivered very little. Or at least that was what I was telling myself last Sunday evening.

• I was crapping myself every time he got the ball!

• FmGFmG
    edited May 2022

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    What was the Whoscored rating for the MK winger in the second leg?

I have a theory that he threatened much but actually delivered very little. Or at least that was what I was telling myself last Sunday evening.

Corbeanu got 7.2 (same as Taff). Top ranking was Boateng @ 7.8, was delighted when he was taken off and I think that we were much more comfortable when he went off. Stockdale and Vokes were joint top for Wycombe @ 7.4.

• Decent looking team. A collection of The Players. Rob should get his checkbook out if we win.

• @railwaysteve said:
    We perhaps should invite him to a match next season, perhaps when the franchise are not playing. He did seem to talk quite longingly about the togetherness of our crowd at the end of the vlog. I think he mentioned he has a long journey to mk at the beginning.

He’s a Fleetwood Town fan. I avoid football vlogs like the plague, but his are pretty well done, and he seems like a decent bloke.

• @floyd said:

@railwaysteve said:
    We perhaps should invite him to a match next season, perhaps when the franchise are not playing. He did seem to talk quite longingly about the togetherness of our crowd at the end of the vlog. I think he mentioned he has a long journey to mk at the beginning.

He’s a Fleetwood Town fan. I avoid football vlogs like the plague, but his are pretty well done, and he seems like a decent bloke.

I thought he seemed remarkably calm for watching his team lose :D

• Perhaps that’s because he’s a Fleetwood Town fan.

• edited May 2022

@micra said:
    Perhaps that’s because he’s a Fleetwood Town fan.

Erm don't you think that's the exact point of my post, which responds to flloyd mentioning just that? :smile:

• That's odd, because I didn't just post that video. Although I thought I'd posted it before the MK game - things are catching up I guess?