Skip to content

Match day thread: play-offs Away Leg

Comments

• Did anyone make anything of the sprinklers staying on in our half only after half time? More gamesmanship??

• I enjoyed this more and more:

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Did anyone make anything of the sprinklers staying on in our half only after half time? More gamesmanship??

I actually thought that too - hoping for some defensive slips. Nice try MK!

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Did anyone make anything of the sprinklers staying on in our half only after half time? More gamesmanship??

I assumed it was more ‘sporting advantage’ as well. What an astonishing evening in so many ways. JJ, Stocko, the astonishing support, the post match scenes, the thousands of empty seats, the complete team performance, Pete Couhig in the crowd near us looking like he’d been on a road trip with the Grateful Dead. And the sad sad faces of franchisees as we left the ground. Memories to last a lifetime.

• @Manboobs said:

@thecatwwfc said:

I assumed it was more ‘sporting advantage’ as well. What an astonishing evening in so many ways. JJ, Stocko, the astonishing support, the post match scenes, the thousands of empty seats, the complete team performance, Pete Couhig in the crowd near us looking like he’d been on a road trip with the Grateful Dead. And the sad sad faces of franchisees as we left the ground. Memories to last a lifetime.

Sad,sad faces? You must have left the stand earlier than me as I didn’t see a single home supporter when I finally left the ground.

I thought they put water down in the half we were attacking in the second half but it appears not.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Manboobs said:

@thecatwwfc said:

Sad,sad faces? You must have left the stand earlier than me as I didn’t see a single home supporter when I finally left the ground.

I thought they put water down in the half we were attacking in the second half but it appears not.

We were one of the earliest to leave (after I’d say 15 minutes) as Mrs Moobs had to be up at 5:30 for work. The sounds coming from our end as we walked to our car were wonderful.

• Who would we rather? Sheffield Weds suddenly looking on top after not having much of a look in.

Momentum is with them and I think I'd rather Sheff Wed. Sunderland a bit of a bogey team for us and I sometimes think teams are a little in awe of them.

Neither of them anything that special though. Play like we can plus a bit of luck and we go up.

• Plus an extra 30 mins and a days' less recovery for the winner of this...

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Plus an extra 30 mins and a days' less recovery for the winner of this...

That surely isn't any consequence with the final a whole 11 days away?

• I know I should be too old for all this, but it's fascinating. No idea what whoop is mind.

• @Malone said:

@thecatwwfc said:
    Plus an extra 30 mins and a days' less recovery for the winner of this...

That surely isn't any consequence with the final a whole 11 days away?

True story

• @floyd said:
    I know I should be too old for all this, but it's fascinating. No idea what whoop is mind.

It's a fitness app

• I can’t stop watching that Joe Jacobson tackle.

On a par with Stewart nicking it off Taylor’s boot at Wembley.

Just sensational.

• Just seen the tackle JJ got booked for again - I think we're quite fortunate to have him available for the final!

• edited May 2022

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Just seen the tackle JJ got booked for again - I think we're quite fortunate to have him available for the final!

Agreed.

Embedded picture doesn’t work but here’s a link; https://ibb.co/3d9bhHC

• @Manboobs said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Manboobs said:

@thecatwwfc said:

We were one of the earliest to leave (after I’d say 15 minutes) as Mrs Moobs had to be up at 5:30 for work. The sounds coming from our end as we walked to our car were wonderful.

Same with me. I felt very guilty hearing Sammy Vokes on 3CR say 'Look at that no-one's left yet!' as I drove out of concrete cow land....

• @floyd that's tear jerking

• Stockdale 'The Great Wall of China'

• Can I just say, there is no way there are two Iranian CBs better than Taffs, anywhere in the world. I feel like spamming the Iranian FA with his highlights till they give him a WC slot...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Just seen the tackle JJ got booked for again - I think we're quite fortunate to have him available for the final!

It to mention that wonder tackle in the second half’m

• Up a bit early @perfidious_albion ?! ??

• @floyd said:
    I know I should be too old for all this, but it's fascinating. No idea what whoop is mind.

Started watching these recently. The time and effort he puts into them really show, loads of excellent different angles, informative, entertaining and great to get a behind the scenes look at some of the squad.

• Does he wear a mic in the game?!

• Found the game footage absolutely fascinating. Goes to show that it doesn't really matter who is wearing the captain's armband (although I'm sure it's a great honour to wear it) you can still be a leader.

Just love how much he dedicates himself to the sport, and how he "lives the life" away from the training ground as well as when he's there. This is someone getting the very best out of himself by doing everything he can.

• Think I would end up lumping him one, he never stops nagging!!!!! Superb centre back, must be 1st on the team sheet?

• I reckon they welcome the nagging! Makes their job a lot easier if there's someone behind them reading the game telling them where to be

• Sunderland on Twitter are saying ticket details today so I imagine we should hear something this afternoon as well

• I wonder if Simon Garner had the same pre-match fitness routine before the playoffs back in 1994.

• Fascinating watch. Beside the point but Dean Lewington was giving off Ray Parlour vibes at the end there. He's no Romford Pele!

• @Chris said:
    I wonder if Simon Garner had the same pre-match fitness routine before the playoffs back in 1994.

This made me genuinely laugh out loud.