Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• 352 worked well at the start of the season, found out in the middle, but maybe a change is good

• @micra it is unacceptable to wish COVID or indeed any potentially fatal disease on anybody. Shameful stuff

• edited April 2022

Bailey Peacock-Farrell is the ultimate poppadom wrists goalkeeper - lots of shots from range, lads!

• If you’re not filled with hope and nervous adrenaline this morning, football may not be for you.

• Didn't look like a 3 at the back warm up. Flat back four from all the drills

• Must be a big game @Wanderers82 starting early

• Nick Freeman confirms back four.

• Going to be a biggerr crowd than Plymouth I'd say. Not many spaces 8n the stands at all.

• Yay Nick Freeman !!!!!

• ‘You thought you had scored, you were wrong, you were wrong.’

• Tough kicking to the direction of the away end in this half, so as long as we stay in the game in this first half I fancy us to take advantage of the wind in the second.

• @Baldric said:
    @micra it is unacceptable to wish COVID or indeed any potentially fatal disease on anybody. Shameful stuff

I agree but @EwanHoosaami is a good friend and neighbour and I was incensed by what he described. I’ve even accidentally given you an extra thumbs up in trying to tap the ‘quote’ button.

• Short, bald ref.

• That pacey guy on the right has suddenly heated up my sangfroid.

• Stockdales kicking has been underratedly bad all season

• How much ground does GMac make up there!

• how is he a level 1 referee ? truly awful

• We are so hesitant on the ball. Really missing Anis and Mustard to run with the ball.

• Loved hearing everyone shout “shoot” when Scowen had the ball on the edge of the area, and immediately stop shouting it when he passed to Horgan.

• I was hoping Wednesday would be one of those teams that makes you wonder how they’re so high up the table.

They are not.

• Sadly, Dunkley is comfortably winning the duel with Vokes. Got to keep it on the deck going forward.

• Referee right in the way there.

• All things considered that’s a decent half I think. Kicking with the wind in the second half. May need some early changes in this game though as we’d have knackered ourselves out there

• game plan was to keep it close , that's worked but Wednesday ste comfortably the better team . Oxford ans Sunderland winning , we have to win.

• Rotherham have equalized against Oxford 1-1.

• I feel like we’ve been surprised by their high press, glad to get in at 0-0.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    game plan was to keep it close , that's worked but Wednesday ste comfortably the better team . Oxford ans Sunderland winning , we have to win.

Oxford aren’t winning.

• Surprised we're not playing as we did v Plymouth. Not really attacking but not pressing and countering

• Vokes being marked out of the game really. Gape, Scowen and back line must be knackered already!

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Surprised we're not playing as we did v Plymouth. Not really attacking but not pressing and countering

We weren’t facing a fairly significant headwind in the first half against Plymouth. I’m confident we’ll see more of the ball in their half in the next 45