Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• COME ON YOU BLUUUUUUEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

• Most nervous / excited I’ve been for a good while. COYB

• Horllicks, just got back from Ireland at 2 am. Nightmare flight, attended by approximately 30 of our "travelling" community. Most were high as a kite, drunk, maskless and generally bullied the rest of the passengers. Nearly all refused to wear a mask. Accused my wife of being racist because she requested that they didn't vape! Abused the cabin crew, made phone calls mid air and strolled around the centre aisle even during landing. Held up disembarkation whilst the police boarded to make some arrests, caused havoc on the bus taking us to the terminal.
    To top it all off, my wife and I have now tested positive for Covid so we now can't attend the game! As such, my wife and I will now have to travel to Vippiene and watch from there. Only positives so far are that my son and daughter are clear and with a bit of luck due to their own behaviour, wife and I may have given it to a few of those idiots.

• So sorry to hear your story. Some people just don’t know how to behave and enjoy themselves without upsetting others.

• Enjoy today everyone, these are the games that create lifelong memories. I'm meeting with mates bringing their kids, and mates bringing their dads today. Three generations united in their love of Wycombe Wanderers.

Special day, special club.

COME ON WYCOMBE!

• edited April 2022

Odds from Betfair.com:

Wycombe 2/1
    Sheff Wed 11/8
    Draw 23/10

Sam Vokes first goalscorer 6/1, Anytime goalscorer 11/4

Correct score forecast WW 2-1 SW, looks a good value bet at 9/1

• Gawd @EwanHoosaami what a nightmare. Sad that a group continually demanding respect time and time again almost always lack any respect for anyone else. Sorry to hear that. Hope Vipienne is quieter.

• I'd back a swan against an owl tbf

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Horllicks, just got back from Ireland at 2 am. Nightmare flight, attended by approximately 30 of our "travelling" community. Most were high as a kite, drunk, maskless and generally bullied the rest of the passengers. Nearly all refused to wear a mask. Accused my wife of being racist because she requested that they didn't vape! Abused the cabin crew, made phone calls mid air and strolled around the centre aisle even during landing. Held up disembarkation whilst the police boarded to make some arrests, caused havoc on the bus taking us to the terminal.
    To top it all off, my wife and I have now tested positive for Covid so we now can't attend the game! As such, my wife and I will now have to travel to Vippiene and watch from there. Only positives so far are that my son and daughter are clear and with a bit of luck due to their own behaviour, wife and I may have given it to a few of those idiots.

Hopefully you’ve given it to them ?

Hope you get better soon

• Just arrived and am amazed by the number of Spanish speakers here

• edited April 2022

A massive line of them walking down Mill End Road, from Tesco halfway to Dashwood Av.

Looked like they all went in the Hourglass

• They’re at the tent now. I like the take on the shirt they are wearing.

• Saw them walking from the train station earlier, serious effort!

• They are going to make some noise. Remember when we were arguing about how we could attract fans from Aylesbury.

• Thanks for the support guys. A real kick in the gonads as we had planned the whole trip, (to lay mums ashes in the family plot), to end on a lighter note, with our final home game & hopefully a win. Whatever the outcome, it is a massive plus to attend AP with family and friends of similar outlooks & to see the familiar faces week in week out. Sad though it may be if we don't make the play offs, I personally won't see it as a total negative. Given the global issues atm, how lucky are we?

• A little frustrated that Kaikai hasn’t come in for Horgan as I think he’s been great whenever called upon this year, and Horgan hasn’t had the best run of games in the last few weeks.

Strong looking SW side, but hopefully with 3 CBs we can keep them quiet.

COYB!

• GA aa per usual BS ....Anis looks like he will be avaliable for this week....no one believes a word....lack of respect as everyone knows he is lying

• hanlan missing is massive blow foe us , obits comes in for him? looks like we will be soaking pressure today....Great

• @Jonny said:
    A little frustrated that Kaikai hasn’t come in for Horgan as I think he’s been great whenever called upon this year, and Horgan hasn’t had the best run of games in the last few weeks.

COYB!

I don’t know if we will be 3 cb’s, out of possession maybe but in possession I think a straight swap of Obita more advanced playing in Hanlans place, with Kai Kai ready to come on and add firepower if needed.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    GA aa per usual BS ....Anis looks like he will be avaliable for this week....no one believes a word....lack of respect as everyone knows he is lying

It’s done to try and throw the opposition off. Unlikely that it’d work, but with fine margins you need to find any competitive advantage you can.

It’s not done as a middle finger to the WWFC fans.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    hanlan missing is massive blow foe us , obits comes in for him? looks like we will be soaking pressure today....Great

If you can’t come into a game like today with an enthusiastic attitude, then unfortunately I don’t think you’ll ever be happy.

It’s a 6 pointer to push us into playoff contention, come on!

• Surprised if we’re playing 3 CBs that Stewart hasn’t come in, maybe not fit enough to start?

• @username123 said:

@Jonny said:
    A little frustrated that Kaikai hasn’t come in for Horgan as I think he’s been great whenever called upon this year, and Horgan hasn’t had the best run of games in the last few weeks.

COYB!

I don’t know if we will be 3 cb’s, out of possession maybe but in possession I think a straight swap of Obita more advanced playing in Hanlans place, with Kai Kai ready to come on and add firepower if needed.

Yep good shout, didn’t consider that

• Just signed in @EwanHoosaami. What a nightmare. Hope you managed to infect plenty of those insufferable idiots. Not sure, from your description, of their ethnicity but hopefully from a section of society for whom vaccinations are virtually taboo.

• @Jonny said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    GA aa per usual BS ....Anis looks like he will be avaliable for this week....no one believes a word....lack of respect as everyone knows he is lying

It’s done to try and throw the opposition off. Unlikely that it’d work, but with fine margins you need to find any competitive advantage you can.

It’s not done as a middle finger to the WWFC fans.

Exactly this. Why make it easier for the opposition to create a game plan?

• @Wanderers82 said:

Just fuck off

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wanderers82 said:

Just fuck off

?

• When someone is injured, I usually just assume they are our until I see them back in the squad.