Skip to content

Playing in one-off kit for Ukraine on Friday

Comments

• I considered Florentina but I assumed (not sure what based on) that surely at least one other club would play in purply mauve!

• edited April 2022

I had the same thought process for St. Pauli's brown. I know Coventry had that hideous iconic brown Admiral away kit - any others down the years?

• edited April 2022

Chas, Mr Peart, Mr Warboys and others have, I think, previously waxed lyrical about Corinthian Casuals’ chocolate and pink halves, but I only ever saw them at Loakes Park and they always wore all white. Can’t think of anything else in brown.

My final kit word for tonight is Rayo Vallecano, Madrid’s 3rd club, who used to play in Peru classic, but this year their diagonal stripe is like the oddly shaped arrow from their club badge...

• Okay, here's a question. If we always had to use the same change colors, what would you go for?

• Lime green with a chocolate lining...

Because the I could (d)eclair there wouldn't be a colour clash

• @Shev said:
    Okay, here's a question. If we always had to use the same change colors, what would you go for?

Red

• @Shev said:
    Okay, here's a question. If we always had to use the same change colors, what would you go for?

Leopard print

• I think white always looks smart for away

• edited April 2022

Agree, white is best for me, with one of these details...
    Light and dark blue diagonal sash.
    One light and one dark blue horizontal band (same design as West Ham in the 70s). Might be difficult with sponsors logo though.
    Outlined quarters in light and dark blue - almost like a big cross with borders.
    Offset vertical light and dark blue stripe - but probably not, as Oxford use this idea.

• ‘Cerise and French Grey halves’, a per FA Cup winners Clapham Rovers, no logic or reason it is just a great kit.

• @Shev said:

Tequila sunrise until the end of time.

Or white with some light-dark blue features as others have suggested. The white change kit from around 05-06 was quite smart?

• Tequila Sunrise was great, away at The Mem “one nil to the lightening boys”.

• Any news on the kits being auctioned?

• A sash is a great call. The more a shirt looks like a packet of fags, the better.

• @drcongo said:
    A sash is a great call. The more a shirt looks like a packet of fags, the better.

Wouldn't they all be a bit generic if based on fag packets now?

• @drcongo said:
    A sash is a great call. The more a shirt looks like a packet of fags, the better.

Classic players NO 6, colours would be fine.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@drcongo said:

Each team would have their own government health warning.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Boca Juniors too I reckon - and Argentina and Paraguay might be the only two national teams to play in stripes?

Isn't Boca Juniors the same shirt as Tipperary hurling/Gaelic football team. Hence they are known as the "yellow bellies"?

• @drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@drcongo said:

Each team would have their own government health warning.

Sunderland: "My cause episodes of wild delusion"

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@drcongo said:

If basing it on fag packets....every time I look at my tobacco pouch I see quarters...

The design is made for us. It's perfect and it's beautiful in every way...

https://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/tobaccocontrol/27/e1/e85/F3.large.jpg

• @thecatwwfc said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@drcongo said:

If basing it on fag packets....every time I look at my tobacco pouch I see quarters...

The design is made for us. It's perfect and it's beautiful in every way...

https://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/tobaccocontrol/27/e1/e85/F3.large.jpg

And looking at the image on the right, only Wycombe will know how long the poor guy is sidelined for. We will never find out.

• Took me a moment to figure out that was a human leg and not the discarded bone from a chicken drumstick

• He's having a fitness test at the end of the week and could well make the squad on Saturday.

• Seriously though, Coventry have had some decent kits. Loved their Hummel quarters and look at this beauty. This would be a lovely away kit for us....

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/resources/images/13700362/

• If we get Hummel with a sleek return to the more traditional blues, I would be a happy chappy.

• I love todays Wednesday kits.

• F.A.O. Ewan Hoosami - sorry too hear about your loss.
    Aren't The Yellowbellies, Wexford?

F.A.O. Mr Chas Harps, still dreaming about your No.6 reference...

• Ashamed to admit it but it looks like you are 100% correct and I support Wexford in the stick-fighting and Kildare in the bog ball, I'm a Plastic Paddy, so fair play to you to call me out.

I wonder if some of the chaps on your hideous journey might be singing " Sweet Caroline" later at the big fight tonight.

Even saw a horse and cart parked up in Chalfont St Peter last night, 94,000 sell-out.

This figure, for clarity, refers to the predicted attendance at the fight and not horse and carts last night in The Chalfonts.

Still giddy with excitement after the match and take care.

• Whilst in Ireland this week, I went to a Limerick v Kerry hurling match, U21 level. It was an absolute battering for Limerick 3-20 to 0-3. Was mostly to let my 2 kids experience it, both enjoyed to so much, which is amazing as I have always insisted that my daughter takes a DNA test, such is her hatred of sport! My son can't believe how "violent" it all is and reckons a "soccer" player would not last five minutes. They now own Limerick shirts & hoodies and both are insisting that we go again.
    For now, following WWFC is already too much for my Covid infested body so following in depth, Limerick hurling would send me over the edge. BTW, Limerick are playing Cork tonight, might catch up on youtube later.