Playing in one-off kit for Ukraine on Friday

Comments

• Northampton

• Blackpool, Newcastle

• @eric_plant said:
    Blackpool, Newcastle

Luton also play in orange

• @Shev said:
    Tacking on to what @glasshalffull said, we are one of the few league clubs who would be recognized by our kit alone if you removed the badges and sponsors. There are not very many at all - perhaps us, Bristol Rovers, Blackburn, Norwich, Wolves, Forest Green and a handful more.

And you could argue that Hull regularly have kits like Wolves

• Plymouth - has there ever been another team in the EFL with a green home shirt?

• Bradford. The only other kit in the FL to rival ours for beauty.

• edited April 2022

@ReturnToSenda Yeovil dabbled with both Celtic and Hibs style shirts during their time in the EFL...

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @ReturnToSenda Yeovil dabbled with both Celtic and Hibs style shirts during their time in the EFL...

They only ever played in stripes in the EFL, although they are back to Hibs style at the moment

• @WanderingDays said:

@eric_plant said:
    Blackpool, Newcastle

Luton also play in orange

Blackpool play in Tangerine, The Bloomfield Rd faithful would be horrified for their kit to be classed as Orange.

• When kiddy played in Red and white halves, you instinctively knew it was them, or QPR's away kit from the 70's.

• I suppose even Newcastle unless Notts County get promoted back up? Or am I missing another black and white striped team? Either way, I would guess it is less than a division full of clubs.

• edited April 2022

Must be a few unique ones if you go back through all the teams ever to have played in the Football League

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Must be a few unique ones if you go back through all the teams ever to have played in the Football League

Thames AFC league members 30-32 played in quarters but Palace colours

• New Brighton Tower (not New Brighton FC) played in a colour Farrow and Ball might call ‘wet plaster’ with black collar n cuffs - smart.

• Middlesbrough Ironopolis played in a kind of revers Peru kit, red with a white sash, black shorts.

• Aberdare Athletic played in yellow and black stripes, white shorts.

• edited April 2022

@perfidious_albion said:
    New Brighton Tower (not New Brighton FC) played in a colour Farrow and Ball might call ‘wet plaster’ with black collar n cuffs - smart.

Was looking at them earlier, always hard to tell when there's only an artist's impression / descriptions to go on!

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Middlesbrough Ironopolis played in a kind of revers Peru kit, red with a white sash, black shorts.

Best club name ever to feature in the EFL

• edited April 2022

Burton United: brown with a sky blue chevron pointing downwards

Burton Swifts: red and white quarters ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Burton United: brown with a sky blue chevron pointing downwards

Burton Swifts: red and white quarters ?

Kind of topical Burton Wanderers, blue and white stripes, black shorts ie Sheff Wed!!

• Glossop North End (smallest town to have ever had a top-flight club) had a black/white halves shirt in their football league days, followed by narrow black/white horizontal stripes.

• Accrington (the original club, founding members of the football league) had red shirts with yellow trim. Prime candidates for a MacDonalds sponsorship if they had hung around.

• Wigan Borough spent about ten seasons in the league, and in that period had red/white halved shirts, then changed to green, then to gold/black horizontal stripes.

• Tbh it's really just us, Bristol Rovers and Blackburn.... quarters and halves just stand out and are recognisable

• Having seen footage of a match with Plymouth several times the yellow really does stand out. I would suggest that we have a kit of light blue and yellow quarters with yellow shorts and yellow socks. This would not be in my opinion a clash if we were away to teams wearing dark blue shirts or blue and white shirts. I would also keep the red and white quarters as our third strip with red shorts and red socks. It really would be great if all three of our shirts were quarters as has been said it emphasises the identity of our club. By the way I never use the term away kit in one of those who passionately think we should only change when absolutely necessary.

• @ReturnToSenda apols... yes, it was Yeovil’s entry to the EFL that caused the change to the Celtic kit. My rubbish memory has us playing against them in plain green, but of course, that was only in the non-league era.

• Obviously we can’t stretch to ‘globally unique’, as evidenced in another thread, but I’m wondering if there are some. I’m offering Brazilian side Fiuminese as my starter for 10...

• Fiorentina?

• Boca Juniors too I reckon - and Argentina and Paraguay might be the only two national teams to play in stripes?

• Heerenveen