Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• I really liked Garath’s step over dummy in the box late on.

• Vokesy in the studio for Burnley - Everton

• One tactical lesson from last night is we should wear the red/white quarters when we have to change kit. The beige & white kit is awful.

• Unfortunately I think we'll be wearing it at Gillingham and Wimbledon. Then red and white at Burton.

• Or maybe home kit v Burton as shorts clashes seem to bother some refs and not others

• Last game of the season I reckon we wear a combo of all three kits to throw the opposition.

Worst combo possible I can see is...

Gold shirt
    Red shorts
    Blue socks

• Yes, the beige (certainly not gold to me) is indeed absolutely awful/invisible. Thought should always be given to those fans/supporters/customers who suffer from compromised colour vision (not to mention Referees in the same position).

• I’m sure the red and white quarters must make picking a pass easier. Was hoping they’d be wearing that strip again on Saturday.

• Talking of kits. Are we due a new home kit next season?
    My 5 year old wants a PSG or Man City kit much to my displeasure.

"They were sold out so I got you a different blue kit...."

Away kit. Would like a return of any of...

• Green and white vandanel
    • yellow and navy quarters
    • red and black stripes
  • Chocolate & pink quarters (Corinthian Casuals).

• edited April 2022

Monochrome quarters or just plain black

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Talking of kits. Are we due a new home kit next season?

• red and black stripes

Green and white will never happen with Ainsworth, I believe there was a mock up made of it too

• I used to like the plain yellow with navy blue trim on the shorts and shirt sleeves

• @username123 said:

@thecatwwfc said:
    Talking of kits. Are we due a new home kit next season?

• red and black stripes

Green and white will never happen with Ainsworth, I believe there was a mock up made of it too

What's Gaz got against green and white?

• Colour blind and struggled with green / white vertical stripes. Said he never gets involved with kits at all but had to say no to it

• edited April 2022

@username123 said:
    Colour blind and struggled with green / white vertical stripes. Said he never gets involved with kits at all but had to say no to it

Ohhh, I had no idea. But yeah, green kits in general are best avoided - Serie A has banned them from next season, which sucks a bit if you're Sassuolo.

• Oh, apparently it excludes home kits. But yeah, red v green shouldn't be allowed, especially in televised games.

• Just plain yellow with blue trims for me

• I thought the old red change kit was decent - yellow loans.co.uk splodge aside.

No-nos for me are:

1) any kind of yellow kit, and we’ve had plenty
    2) I like the “monochrome quarters” suggestion but I’m not really up for random quarters colour combos otherwise.

Personally I like the change kits to look different but not garish. I must be one of the few who likes the gold (ok, ok “wet cement”) one.

• "Wet cement".....???

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Just plain yellow with blue trims for me

Same here, would love them to return to those classic yellow and blue kits of the 70's and 80's. The 86/87 one, being the creme de creme.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    "Wet cement".....???

I described it as 'wet beach' when it came out, glad to hear others agree! It's definitely not gold, whatever it is.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

A monochrome nod to our roots. North Town Wanderers wore black and white, maybe @micra can confirm?

• I was thinking black and grey, but I like the sound of black and white actually!

• @perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

A monochrome nod to our roots. North Town Wanderers wore black and white, maybe @micra can confirm?

Cheeky! Ask @ChasHarps. Young enough to be my son but, by golly, does he know his stuff when it comes to WWFC trivia (and not so trivia). @EddieMonsoon likewise.

• I really liked the way the red and white top was exactly the same design as the main one, just with the colours changed. I like it when the change kit has quarters, feels like it keeps more of the Wycombe identity.

Black and white could be cool.

• My Wanderers experience only goes back to 1993 so I don't have any affinity with the non league days. When I first heard Black and White (monochrome) I wasn't sure but I certainly thought that the Coventry retro record company kit a couple of seasons back was smashing.

• edited April 2022

Ooh that's a good one - which iconic local business would you design a Wycombe kit in tribute to? ?

• I'm thinking black and white in honour of the Antelope, with velcro fastening on the shorts as a nod to to the sticky floors.

• I can see Stockdale in a pair of horns