Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• Mehmeti is quite good, isn’t he?

• Our front four is exceptional

• Passable

• @StrongestTeam said:
    That was obscene by McCleary

You talking about the dummy, turn and absurd burst of pace up the right wing? Unbelievable stuff.

• Fantastic all round atm. Wing and Scowen running the middle, front 4 all imperious. If McCleary sweeps that across, and Mehmeti gets it away earlier, it could be 5 or 6

• One more goalscorer and that'll be our most in a single EFL league campaign (via Gasman)

• Mehmeti has a player roll over him and still comes away with the ball. Forino looks far less rattled than Stewart did against Donny...good game for him too. What a squad!

• Are we agreed that less Stewart, this is our strongest XI? Does Thompson get in ahead of Wing at the moment? Or Horgan?

I also like Hanlan but he doesn't fit into this system unfortunately. If anywhere, it would be in place of Horgan, but not so sure that works.

• Oh, and no team in the top four divs has hit the woodwork more times in a single game this season (West Brom the only others to do it four times). This could have been an outrageous scoreline! Could yet be.

• My fucking stream is dreadful I've missed the last 2 goals

• Get through the next 10 mins or so and I’d be taking Josh off and bringing on Young. Would also like to see Hanlan get some minutes tonight.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    One more goalscorer and that'll be our most in a single EFL league campaign (via Gasman)

Any idea how many players we've got who haven't scored one this season yet?

Small handful maybe including Gape, Freeman and a few development gang players?

• Nick Freeman.

• edited April 2022

@thecatwwfc said:
    Are we agreed that less Stewart, this is our strongest XI? Does Thompson get in ahead of Wing at the moment? Or Horgan?

I also like Hanlan but he doesn't fit into this system unfortunately. If anywhere, it would be in place of Horgan, but not so sure that works.

Right now this system and playing cast works brilliantly. Obita will be knocking on the door soon though.

Plenty of time for Hanlan, but for now he's best as a heck of a powerful option against tired legs.

• Anis has been fantastic tonight. What a great performance.

• What’s Anis done to upset this ref?

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    One more goalscorer and that'll be our most in a single EFL league campaign (via Gasman)

Any idea how many players we've got who haven't scored one this season yet?

Small handful maybe including Gape, Freeman and a few development gang players?

Gape and Young the most realistic shouts

• @floyd said:
    What’s Anis done to upset this ref?

Indeed...at one point the defender was on top of him and he still managed to get away with the ball. He's been wrestled down a few times.

• We've got so many players with real swagger now, it's brilliant

• I quite like Danny Hylton tonight. Posh are pathetic.

Come on Morecambe!

• He's a proven racist

• He’s coming on now @perfidious_albion !

• And hate to be negative but picture this scenario....

You are GA.
    We don't go up.
    QPR's dismal form results in Warburton sacking.
    QPR approach you.

What would you seriously do?

I hope that GA's general reputation and view from the outside is shit enough that nobody wants him. We know otherwise but it seems to be the opinion people have of WWFC.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    I quite like Danny Hylton tonight.

That can never happen

• This is the kind of performance you want in such a must win game.

• @Gary said:
    Get through the next 10 mins or so and I’d be taking Josh off and bringing on Young. Would also like to see Hanlan get some minutes tonight.

Fishing right?

• Setting up for a squeaky bum finish despite the fact we should be 6-0 up.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    And hate to be negative but picture this scenario....

You are GA.
    We don't go up.
    QPR approach you.

I hope that GA's general reputation and view from the outside is shit enough that nobody wants him. We know otherwise but it seems to be the opinion people have of WWFC.

I'd hate to be that negative too

• edited April 2022

@thecatwwfc said:
    And hate to be negative but picture this scenario....

You are GA.
    We don't go up.
    QPR approach you.

Why start this now? Enjoy the great display (until that goal!)

• edited April 2022

QPR will go for someone with previous for getting up from the Championship